political exchanges on the war in Ukraine

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Help for Ukrainians

Postby windwalker on Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:41 pm

Steve James wrote:NATO is a product of the Cold War. Sure, there should have been no NATO, just as there shouldn't have been a divided Germany. There were European countries that didn't want to belong to the USSR, just as Poland doesn't want to be a part of Russia. Still, as I said, the result is that NATO is now larger and has more members.

Afa how badly the war is going, in the end the Ukrainians are fighting at home. All the Russian soldiers want to go home.

"The Soviet Union lost around 27 million people during the war, including 8.7 million military and 19 million civilians. This represents the most military deaths of any nation by a large margin. Germany sustained 5.3 million military losses, mostly on the Eastern Front and during the final battles in Germany."

A little history as to why thing were done at the end....not wanting it to happen again...

The US "The total death count for all Americans amounted up to 420,000". over there...

During the Cold War, the unit I was in went to Luxembourg.... Participating in a celebration remembering their libration in the war.
Quite amazing as they had very distinct and recent memories of it at the time back in the 70s.
Some of us put on a martial arts demonstration that included bayonet disarming ....lucky me got to be one with
rifle...getting thrown in the process... :P

US needs another war,,,,not
Remote drone, or proxy war.....not exactly the same....just numbers....

Need to get some warm bodies in the party,,,helps people to remember why it may not be such a good thing...
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:31 am

origami_itto wrote:I'll never understand why the right wing has such a hard on for carrying Putin's water.

Stop repeating Putin's propaganda, please.

https://hls.harvard.edu/today/there-was ... arge-nato/

Why does Putin consider NATO a threat? Because it impedes his ability to throw his weight around, full stop. NATO poses no threat to Russian sovereignty.

it's all Swedens fault , it was the swedes who founded first Ukraine(Kieva-Rus)then Russia.
couple of centuries later Swedes was on it again declaring war on Russia, their now distant relatives. Gustav Vasas son even took the throne in Moscow for a brief time.
Forward a little more, Sweden again went for it but this time tried to snatch Ukraine from Russia but failed.
After that Sweden was battle-tired and went into neutrality by more scheming behind the scene..
And Oh, Swedes also sized control over Russian oil-production and managed to sell that business to the Rockefellers just before the bolsjeviks snatched it, the bolsjeviks that got funded by swedes - timing is everything 8-)
Trick
Huajing

Postby origami_itto on Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:38 am

This thread wasn't supposed to be about the same tired political arguments. I missed where we were.

I'd like to kindly suggest that we take the fighting to another thread and return this one to the original purpose of offering those who feel compassion for the Ukrainian citizens and refugees a way to help.

Or, I mean, because a diplomat said something to the leader of a nation that no longer exists I guess they deserve to suffer.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:08 am

origami_itto wrote:I'll never understand why the right wing has such a hard on for carrying Putin's water.

Why does Putin consider NATO a threat? Because it impedes his ability to throw his weight around, full stop. NATO poses no threat to Russian sovereignty.

Just a little note on NATO and right-wingedness - in the earliest.days of NATO, officers from the third-reich took high positions in that organization, one even held the highest seat of NATO..
Trick
Huajing

Postby Bao on Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:16 am

Trick wrote:Just a little note on NATO and right-wingedness - in the earliest.days of NATO, officers from the third-reich took high positions in that organization, one even held the highest seat of NATO..

Not only NATO, but Pentagon and the CIA took in lots of nazis. CIA hired more than 1000. After WW2 ended, it was basically easier to get into the US if you were a Nazi than a Jew. There are a lot of books and articles covering this.

You can also search the CIA historical files and see by yourself how the CIA cooperated with nazis in and from Ukraine. In the late fifties, CIA supported the international spread of Banderites and OUN fractions. Ukraine has always been the USA:s hub for nazis and center for Nazi cooperation.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:32 am

Bao wrote:
Trick wrote:Just a little note on NATO and right-wingedness - in the earliest.days of NATO, officers from the third-reich took high positions in that organization, one even held the highest seat of NATO..

Not only NATO, but Pentagon and the CIA took in lots of nazis. CIA hired more than 1000. After WW2 ended, it was basically easier to get into the US if you were a Nazi than a Jew. There are a lot of books and articles covering this.

You can also search the CIA historical files and see by yourself how the CIA cooperated with nazis in and from Ukraine. In the late fifties, CIA supported the international spread of Banderites and OUN fractions. Ukraine has always been the USA:s hub for nazis and center for Nazi cooperation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6y3l9xLBRs
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:51 am

windwalker wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6y3l9xLBRs

In this video Ray MacGovern (former CIA) explains how CIA chief John Brennan ordered Ukraine to start the Ukraine civil war against the Donbas:

https://www.youtube.com/live/BDKKZ7m7_DE

I haven't heard it so explicitly before, but if you look at historical operations, this follows the CIA playbook pretty well. Also, John Brennan was in Kiev the exact dates when Porochenko launched its "anti-terrorist campaign" against Donetsk and Luhansk, so it makes perfect sense.

So the Ukraine war, as always, shows that it's the USA who is the terrorist, as always creating wars and conflicts all over the world.

Steve James wrote:Afa how badly the war is going, in the end the Ukrainians are fighting at home. All the Russian soldiers want to go home.

How odd I can easily find at least 50 videos of forced mobilizations in Ukraine by a couple of searches on Telegram and Odysssé, but I can't find one single similar video from Russia.

Forced mobilization continues in Ukraine:
https://odysee.com/@VeritasRecords3.0:5/Forced-mobilization-continues-in-Ukraine.:7

Forced Mobilization Odessa Ukraine
https://odysee.com/@TrickS:a/odessamobilization:0

Odessa forced mobilization : wife is in agony trying to rescue her loved one from these monsters.
https://odysee.com/@Velyaminov:a/Odessa-forced-mobilization---wife-is-in-agony-trying-to-rescue-her-loved-one-from-these-monsters.:2

Ukrainians hiding from the mobilisation forced the Poles to shout Bandera slogans
https://odysee.com/@Velyaminov:a/Ukrainians-hiding-from-the-mobilisation-forced-the-Poles-to-shout-Bandera-slogans:9

Ukrainian POWs tell about forced mobilisation and lynching of commanders on front line
https://odysee.com/@Velyaminov:a/Ukrainian-POWs-tell-about-forced-mobilisation-and-lynching-of-commanders-on-front-line:2

"More than half of Ukrainians have heard or seen cases of forced mobilization, according to data from a sociological study conducted by the “Active Group” using the “SunFlower Sociology” online panel."
https://www.voiceofeurope.com/over-half ... on-survey/
Last edited by Bao on Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Kong Bao Long on Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:00 pm

Well said Bao!!!

I could have written anything better!
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop "Kong ZI
Kong Bao Long
Santi

Postby Bao on Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:57 pm

Kong Bao Long wrote:Well said Bao!!!

Thank you, appreciated. I couldn't care less about what people think about my views or how I write about stuff, but it's still easy to feel lonely when you refuse to repeat the mainstream propaganda like "everyone else" does.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Kong Bao Long on Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:58 pm

My words were not pro Putin
And writing anything you disagree with as being hard right, and citing left wing sources (i.e. Harvard University of all things... ) Doesn't say much towards your political literacy... Does say a lot about your political ideology through.

My words were Pro American, Anti-war, and Anti-American military Industrial Complex. (About as Democratic as it gets)
Kong Bao Long
Santi

Postby Kong Bao Long on Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:05 pm

Bao wrote:
Kong Bao Long wrote:Well said Bao!!!

Thank you, appreciated. I couldn't care less about what people think about my views or how I write about stuff, but it's still easy to feel lonely when you refuse to repeat the mainstream propaganda like "everyone else" does.

If you are informed, (your words say you are) you automatically run counter to mainstream media. The propaganda, and the indoctrination in the West (on both sides of the pond) is insane. You are not alone.. There are many of us.. who question BBC, ABC, NPR, CNN or a University's Research... It's now off the chart with indoctrination and mistruths or down right censorship.

I cite: Missouri v. Biden (No. 3:22-CV-01213) as pure evidence... How did we come to this?
Kong Bao Long
Santi

Postby Bao on Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:19 pm

Kong Bao Long wrote: If you are informed, (your words say you are) you automatically run counter to mainstream media. The propaganda, and the indoctrination in the West (on both sides of the pond) is insane.

At its best, mainstream media is simplifying narratives. But they are all controlled by ppl with interests in the weapons and military industries and the few big news media all have contracts with the CIA.

You are not alone.. There are many of us.. who question BBC, ABC, NPR, CNN or a University's Research... It's now off the chart with indoctrination and mistruths or down right censorship.

Thank you.

Well, I myself don't feel all too alone, at least not since last year when I started being active on X (/Twitter). My +9200 followers give me full support and follow me for a reason. It's tougher on other platforms.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:37 am

wow
let`s Jericho tubes sounds

-shrug-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek