question about people on that other forum

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

question about people on that other forum

Postby yusuf on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:35 pm

hi

I am having a hard time reconciling that some of the good people i have corresponded with, through the real ef, are also regulars over at the yak site. It seems very wrong. Am i the only one?

yusuf
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Re: question about people on that other forum

Postby nianfong on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:58 pm

... keep this civil guys. please do not stir shit right now.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby yusuf on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:06 pm

hey Fong..

exactly why i started this.. i am hoping some of the regular dual forumites will post and maybe we can see some light in all of this..

yusuf
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:49 pm

seems like there are very few with dual citizenship these days. i think the vast majority chose one place or the other near the beginning of the great schism.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby chud on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:54 pm

yusuf wrote:hi

I am having a hard time reconciling that some of the good people i have corresponded with, through the real ef, are also regulars over at the yak site. It seems very wrong. Am i the only one?

yusuf

No, I have been feeling the same way.
chud
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:11 pm

I've posted on both, starting shortly before the split. I have no idea what happened and don't really want to know, but I can say:

- I've posted here more often because I find the replies both more informative and lighthearted, and will probably keep coming here more
- I like this forum better than any others around: I think it's really about who ends up posting here
- the apparent taking of previously existing IP by "registering" it, etc., rubs me the wrong way.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:48 pm

yusuf wrote:hi

yusuf

It's been addressed before a few times... Basically, apparently some people have friends on both sides, simple as that.

To me the distinction "in spirit" between the two is very clear and only a couple of people who I might considered as friends (based solely on online exchanges) were posting there, and almost all of them have stopped posting there at some point.

People are different... We should just let it go and let karma do its work. ;)
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Some are cool. Some are not. Personally I found the .net crowd and its ruler to be based on censorship and caustic attacks. So I agree, the difference between the two is very different.

I don't always love everything said on here but at least there is a certain level of respect found on the real Flowah.
Chris Fleming

Postby Strange on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:57 pm

know what the real difference is? after what was done?
we can genuinely talk about wude here, while you cant really say the same on the other side.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:07 pm

The flower that can be named is not the true flower.... ;)
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Not everyone sees things the same way and no one is bad all the time. During the stick fighting thread of ought-seven, I kept raising questions about Brian's claims and someone I really liked that was defending Brian PM'd me and said Brian had defended them previously, suggesting I should back off. I was surprised: Didn't everyone see Brian and that thread the same way I did? Obviously not.

Things happen fast on threads and a lot of people don't catch the details or go back and read all the related material, so if they weren't in the middle of it when it started they never get a very full picture of what's going on, which makes them dismissive of new developments that look like petty, personality-conflict, pissing contests. Brian is good at stroking people's egos and keeping them on his good side, and he needs conflict for hit counts and politics.

I don't think it's wrong to post on both EF.com and EF.net. What do you think posting on EF.net means? That you approve of everything about all the people who also post there? If that were true, I would have stopped posting when the move to dot net was first announced.
Michael

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:49 am

I pretty much stopped posting over there shortly after the split. Then when JW the Brain Eater was driven off from here for awhile I decided to see what gems he was leaving on the other site. Now that he posts over here again I don't go over there as often.

As I said before the other site is about dead IMO. There are only ever a couple topics in the main forum that are active.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby tim_stl on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:23 am

although i don't consider myself a regular at either forum, i wanted to respond.

i've read emptyflower since just before the move to .net. i still read both after the split. while most of the good content has been over here, the .net forum does have one great thing going for it: there are no threads going on about how they're 'the real flowah' and denigrating this forum. no one over there is continuously bitching about the administration of this forum, or worse yet, making blanket statements about the people who post in this forum. it's a shame, really, because this forum usually comes off like a jealous ex-girlfriend that won't move on, when there's really a lot of great information here.

personally, i just don't care. i don't care about the personalities involved, i don't care about what anything is called, and i don't care about 'taking sides' in the emptyflower soap opera. i just care about the information and the discussion. whichever site i can get that on, and whatever it's called, it doesn't matter. i don't have any love or hate for devere, felipe, fong, brian, justin, or any other admins or regulars. i'm just here to talk shop. i can't imagine that i'm the only one.

tim
Last edited by tim_stl on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garimot Arnis - St. Louis
http://www.garimot-stl.com/

Spanish Swordsmanship Society
http://www.spanishsword.org/
tim_stl
Mingjing

Postby cerebus on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:44 am

tim_stl wrote:although i don't consider myself a regular at either forum, i wanted to respond.

i've read emptyflower since just before the move to .net. i still read both after the split. while most of the good content has been over here, the .net forum does have one great thing going for it: there are no threads going on about how they're 'the real flowah' and denigrating this forum. no one over there is continuously bitching about the administration of this forum, or worse yet, making blanket statements about the people who post in this forum. it's a shame, really, because this forum usually comes off like a jealous ex-girlfriend that won't move on, when there's really a lot of great information here.

personally, i just don't care. i don't care about the personalities involved, i don't care about what anything is called, and i don't care about 'taking sides' in the emptyflower soap opera. i just care about the information and the discussion. whichever site i can get that on, and whatever it's called, it doesn't matter. i don't have any love or hate for devere, felipe, fong, brian, justin, or any other admins or regulars. i'm just here to talk shop. i can't imagine that i'm the only one.
tim

Heh, heh. That's actually pretty funny, considering I used to post on both forums myself until I got tired of the other forum owner constantly inserting snide, rude, nasty comments about this forum and it's admins into every topic that he took part in responding to. There was so much negativity there that I just left. Now here on this forum, the admins have always told us to keep the noise down and not to talk bad about the other forum, just let 'em do their thing. And that's largely what was happening until the recent removal of our name from our forum due to it's having been "legally" kidnapped. Even so, we tend to be (generally) much more light-hearted in our comments, joking and making fun, which at least makes it a much less negative atmosphere...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:50 am

MY VAGINA HURTS!
Ian

Return to Been There Done That