Fist of grand ultimate mercy

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Fist of grand ultimate mercy

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:53 am

It's ok to serve the avarice we have. :) Treats are nice. It's important to treat them as treats though! When something is a luxury, you enjoy it more anyway right?

If you have a few bon bons once in a while they will be infinitely tastier than if you consume them daily.

I'm a regular average guy. I don't overtrain, and I don't overeat and over indulge in luxuries either.
I try to suffer as little as possible. :-)

You'll appreciate those cheat treats more if they are rare. (and you can save up to buy the very best of your given indulgence instead of going for cheap hits. lol )

If you're gonna have a cigar, have a cuban or a dominican cigar!
If you're gonna drink scotch, drink really good scotch.

The apples at the top of the tree are so much sweeter than the ground fall...so to speak. :)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:31 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:I can understand how substances have half life and the body will get rid of them.

But a complete exchange of atoms in a human would negate aging and doesn't make sense.
I am just wondering if the data points at direct human cell exchange throughout the entire body and if so, then how do we age?
I know our skin sloughs off and rebuilds, but I am not certain this is true of internal organs, or bones.

aging would indicate that this is not the case.

Aging is a result of less optimal organization of the atoms, not a product of the atoms themselves breaking down. Which is fortunate, as life would be much more difficult if people were constantly erupting in fission reactions.

All the tissues in the body slough off and rebuild-- I believe aging can be seen as healthy cells dying and being imperfectly replaced. Last I heard the whole process was not fully understood.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby bruce on Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:13 am

Bhassler wrote:I believe aging can be seen as healthy cells dying and being imperfectly replaced. Last I heard the whole process was not fully understood.

how do we more perfectly replace those cell? i imagine our food, exercise and lifestyle play a part in that ... but how and to what extent?
bruce
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:03 am

bruce wants to be immortal. ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby bruce on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:59 pm

if i can make it to 102 i will be pleased:-0
bruce
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:44 am

Our kidneys cells are the best in the quest for immortality, :)

i heard that they can live up to 1000 years 8-)

all systems together wll be more than happy if can menage to exscess 100 in mint condition :'(
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby BonesCom on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:31 pm

bruce wrote:
Bhassler wrote:I believe aging can be seen as healthy cells dying and being imperfectly replaced. Last I heard the whole process was not fully understood.

how do we more perfectly replace those cell? i imagine our food, exercise and lifestyle play a part in that ... but how and to what extent?

Make sure telomerase is working in every cell. The problem with cell division is that at the very ends of the chromosome (the telomeres) the DNA cannot be replicated, so each time you cells divide the chromosomes get a little shorter. Now these reasons don't tend to contain genes but one of the theories behind aging is that as the years go by, the telomeres get shorter and will eventually start eating into gene containing regions. However there is an enzyme that CAN copy the telomeres, known as telomerase, BUT this is only really active in your gonads (so your kids get full length telomere) and in cancer. So really immortality would be a lot like being one big tumour
BonesCom
Huajing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:17 pm

bored.

hijack!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:bored.

hijack!

:D :D
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby bruce on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:42 pm

that is the most funny thing i have seen all day
bruce
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:07 pm

ahahahaha WHO'S CLOSER TO GOD NOW, BITCH?!
nianfong
Administrator

Previous

Return to Been There Done That