Addressing Dr Stephen Yan (unfortunately)

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Addressing Dr Stephen Yan (unfortunately)

Postby stephen yan on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:25 am

ChizV wrote:
you didn't seem to understand my post , read again and then reply. plus : i don't want to change anything .
ok.
oldest DAI MA brother started to be YUe GUI ning's TUDI in 1930s
How his name? Dai Ma?
he never accepted you guys as his disciples
LOL. To whom you speak it? To Jon or me?
he always act as a grand master (teacher's teacher) to give you guys some instruction was not honest
LOL. I have no other teacher, only Yan sifu my teacher. You to whom speak it?

Now I have correctly understood your message? :D

no , you didn't . maybe also i didn't wrote clearly .

master yan l c told me his master yue gui ning 's first disciple was in 1930s , that disciple was a landlord , he looked after both yue gui ning and yue 's master DAI KUI ,eventhough he was yue gui ning's disciple. do you understand this paragraph?

last week , i called master yan l c when i first saw the attack in chinese forum , in the phone he said to me :he never accepted JON DYER and EVAN as disciples , he only instruct them as their grand teacher like grand father (which i don't really care if they were accepted as his disciples or not , like in 1998 , i even gave him my tudi for him to make money) . do you understand this paragraph?

i still love him and angry with what he did to me at same time , which i don't mean that i want to go back to him , it is over , good luck to him ! but if one day he needs me , i will be there , farewell to him , and good luck to you and success in promoting DAI XIN YI.

REMEMBER that i don't care how many pesudo named people put dirty even low class words on me in chese forum, it won't change my desicition to put the correct information and history out , which has been affected the people making stories . lots of them even challenging to have a fight if i go back to china , when i was in china early this year , i announced where i would be waiting for those people who wanted to have a go with me , but no body turned up , i waited 3 whole mornings there .

my typing is slow and i am tired now , good night.
Last edited by stephen yan on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
stephen yan
Huajing

Postby lian.zou.duan.da on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:32 am

Jeremy , you should check with Michael, Geoff if i taught them grapping or throws or not for the tournament before you ask why .

Well I was there for both of the tournaments. I did not see any of your students employ a successful throw (myself included). Nor were there any throws taught when WE (yes myself as well, you seemed to have forgotten that) were training for the 2004 tournament.

You never even taught any throws in your class! You did not even teach students how to fall safely.

quote]...the inch step and stickon opponant were from xin yi and tai chi [/quote]

Really ? So your shaolin has no inch step or stick on ? This contradicts everything you taught and talked about ....

... did you ever work there for 10 hours a day, when it rained and didnt recieve any training ? And little to no training for weeks on end, just hard manual labour ? "

it was only one occasion for a special matter , you made it sounded like many times ,just like you wrote like my house were built up by my students not my builder , that was how you proud of your skill of english ? you dirty.

How dare you call me dirty. This happened on a number of occassions. We would go for weeks at a time without being shown anything new or reviewing old material or doing any training at all. Just work. You would even call up people to work for you and do jobs for you out of 'training' times. I even mentioned that WE DID NOT BUILD YOUR HOUSE. I know english is not your first language but please be clear on what has been written. You also CANNOT deny the fact that we worked very hard for a very long time.
lian.zou.duan.da
Santi

Postby stephen yan on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:34 am

lian.zou.duan.da wrote:When I say many I mean many against you and .... Nick. There is Evan, myself, Jon, Chiz, Bones. My point is why would we all lie ?

Only fair enough that you make personal remarks such as you did -- now address the rest of my post. Invite those people to call me.

you worth no attention :D
stephen yan
Huajing

Postby stephen yan on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:38 am

keep on lieing jeramy !and lie hard . i am to sleep now as i have 7 private lessons to teach tomorrow . goodby.
Last edited by stephen yan on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
stephen yan
Huajing

Postby lian.zou.duan.da on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:45 am

Wow, Zhi Jun (Stephen).

You have failed to address the points I brought up which are very fair. Most importantly, if you are still in contact with those senior students we were discussing, why don't you get them to contact me ?

Again you display your great intellectual capability. When you cannot face the logic of an argument or reason, you resort to immature, snide little remarks. A true master indeed ! What a great display of culture.
lian.zou.duan.da
Santi

Postby ChizV on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:17 am

master yan l c told me his master yue gui ning 's first disciple was in 1930s , that disciple was a landlord , he looked after both yue gui ning and yue 's master DAI KUI ,eventhough he was yue gui ning's disciple. do you understand this paragraph?
understand.
I know about whom you speak.He has come to Dai Kui with the request is accepted it(him) in pupils. As at this time Dai Kui was on service in the Inner Mongolia, and could not train personally, he has charged Yue GN to train this person in some methods of self-defense. He did not train him Daishiquan.
last week , i called master yan l c when i first saw the attack in chinese forum , in the phone he said to me :he never accepted JON DYER and EVAN as disciples , he only instruct them as their grand teacher like grand father (which i don't really care if they were accepted as his disciples or not , like in 1998 , i even gave him my tudi for him to make money) . do you understand this paragraph?
understand.
I do not know anything concerning EVAN. But I personally was present at baishi Jon. Therefore I can not believe you, that the Yan sifu so has told. As well as to that he learns(teaches), this he business. But acceptance Jon in pupils (Tudi) was.
ChizV
Mingjing

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:04 pm

As I have no personal connection to any of the people involved in this dispute, and do not practice or teach Dai Xin Yi, my comments here are merely for general consideration. :)

The reality of any situation seems to be a matter of personal perception for most people. Perception is Reality in the mind of each individual. The mental intentions of other people which motivate and drive their actions are generally impossible to know with certainty, and so their actions may easily be misinterpreted or misunderstood. This is particularly common when interacting with people who are born, raised and educated in a different country with a different culture, different language, different customs, different standards of etiquette and social protocol, and so forth.

In several instances in the past, I have been the only non-Chinese student of a Chinese teacher in an all Chinese training group. The older adult members of the group from China oftentimes said things or did things that even the younger American born Chinese students didn't understand, so it was no big surprise that I was frequently unable to figure it out either. The fact is that the older Chinese folks had a different perspective on damned near everything, a uniquely different way of thinking, and thus had agenda priorities based on a point of view which was 'foreign' to those who were raised and educated in a different way in a different land.

This was certainly true of the teacher/student relationship in martial art clubs, as well as at the Chinese Medicine school in Hong Kong, and elsewhere when receiving instruction on anything. A classic example referred to on this thread is the issue of compensating the teacher for instruction given. Many 'old school' Chinese teachers don't like to 'sell' their instruction for a monetary fee, but prefer instead to have students assist them with chores that need doing. This old fashioned way of exchanging value for value is often unfamiliar to non-Chinese, and seems to have somewhat vague parameters when compared to paying a specific monetary fee for a specific number of classes or for a specific body of learning material.

I have personally helped several teachers with building projects at their homes, done cleaning and maintenance at their schools, kitchen prep and cleaning at their restaurants, provided volunteer assistant duties at their acupuncture clinics, and so forth, all without monetary pay. I can't even begin to tell you how much more I learned from these experiences in addition to what I was taught at formal classes. Like other loyal students, I became an integral part of the teachers family and team, providing necessary help in keeping his gig afloat. My students have assisted me in a similar fashion through the years.

Perhaps those who have similarly exchanged their labor in return for a teachers gung-fu instruction should consider how much money is generally paid to people in their community for similar labor, and compare such wages to what other local martial art instructors charge for group class instruction or private class instruction. In most cases, I am willing to bet that the fee charged for instruction is greater than the wage rate paid to common laborers doing 'handyman' work, which translates into more hours of labor having to be given as fair payment for fewer hours of instruction. ;)

So my point simply is that the exchange of labor for instruction may not be as unfair as some students think it is, and that the teachers intentions in operating this way may not be intended to take advantage of them.

Just an old timer's opinion.

Doc -oldman-
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Hey guys, I am going out for more Popcorn. Anyone want anything? Chips, Pretzels, Beer or Rum?
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Get me some Bon-Bons and a box of Kotex Ultra Thins.
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Beer for me, ta.

When are they on again?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:34 pm

bigphatwong wrote:Get me some Bon-Bons and a box of Kotex Ultra Thins.

Where is Seg's with the blunts and microdots?

JB
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Dai Zhi Qiang wrote:

JB

i've got some shrooms and some biscuits--hippie flip, anyone?
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:58 pm

qiphlow wrote:
Dai Zhi Qiang wrote:

JB

i've got some shrooms and some biscuits--hippie flip, anyone?

Fo sure ;D

JB
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:00 pm

mmm please - maybe it'll help me understand this thread....
Finny
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That