Chen Yuen San Retreat

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Chen Yuen San Retreat

Postby yusuf on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:38 am

the poor dervish was illiterate and wished to learn to read.

He went to a teacher and asked to learn arabic. The teacher agreed to teach for free because of his sincerity, and began to show him the alphabet. He drew a straight vertical line ont he wall and said 'This is the letter alif'. After the first letter the dervish thanked him so much and left before the teacher could tell him about the rest of the letters.

The teacher was astonished and thought thought he would never finish at this rate. The dervish didn;t come back the next day, day after or week after. After a month the dervish showed up again, with a light shining from his eyes and said he was ready for the next lesson. The teacher told him that before going to the next letter he would like to see the dervish show what he had learned.

The dervish wrote an alif on the wall, and the wall crumbled.
Last edited by yusuf on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Re: Chen Yuen San Retreat

Postby mielpops on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi !

I am desperately searching for means of contacting Chen Yuen San, without success yet... If someone could help me it would be great.

Thank you,

Tristan
mielpops
Santi

Previous

Return to Been There Done That