blue flame chi emitting from my palm. anyone else?

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: blue flame chi emitting from my palm. anyone else?

Postby revolution on Wed May 13, 2009 6:28 pm

Michael wrote:I can't see qi, but I've known a few people who say they can. Once I was sending qi to a sick relative in a hospital and one of his friends came in; she was a nurse who also practiced Reiki. She started bugging her eyes and watching me moving my hands back and forth over my second cousin's bed and said that lots of blue light was coming from my palms.

thanks for the post.
revolution
Mingjing

Postby shawnsegler on Wed May 13, 2009 6:57 pm

If you want a serious reply, here you go.

IME chi is not a thing per se, but rather a quality of mind that you can follow in three dimensional space. Every place can and does have "chi" to a certain extent inasmuch as it is a quality of how energetic movement is taking place where you put your mind to feel for it.

So, the idea of chi as a "thing" like a jet of blue flame is pretty much the most standard misconception of what chi is, so you are going to get some flack for it.

Now, if you were really seeing such stuff you are moving into the realm of the psychological side effects of practicing the ancillary yogic stuff we do that makes internal kung fu what it is.

In that case your issue is one of your perception. You might very well have seen that and you might very well be able to exploit the way your sense perceptions caused you to react to whatever pheonmenon was going on at the time...but whether or not you can manipulate whatever was causing that is completely up to you. If you can find whatever connection that has to what's going on in the world and whether or not it has any visceral physical value.

My advice would be to ask for less help and to explore it more deeply. If you find something of value then you have something of value, but as it's an adjunct of your mind, it's unlikely you'll be able to get the kind of "answer" that I think you're looking for.

Does that help you?

S
Last edited by shawnsegler on Wed May 13, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Wed May 13, 2009 9:49 pm

revolution - I don't mean this disprespectfully, but aren't you a beginner at neijia? I seem to recall reading this somewhere on this board.
Ian

Postby Michael on Wed May 13, 2009 10:45 pm

The Reiki nurse was the second Reiki practitioner I had met who said they could see qi. I flat out didn't believe the first one because I was still very new to qigong, but since I've met many people with interesting experiences. Seeing the qi, becoming aware of anything, is the first step to being able to influence it. Once something comes into your sense perception, you can attune your mind to it and develop some kind of skill to work with it. Without a teacher, i wouldn't focus on the blue flame much. Just keep doing what you're doing and let it happen naturally.
Michael

Postby wiesiek on Thu May 14, 2009 3:24 am

our bodys are covered by aura
anone is able to see it
all what you need to to is simply lower the pressure inside eyes /specjal meditation exercise/
then
you can see infra red light
/clors of auras is visible in infra red, - Kilian`s phothography/

revolution:
if you not trolling ;
simply you was in hig relaxation and this was main cause of lowering pressure and...

ATTention RSFers:
it has martial applicaton!!!

ah
and vaporizer nicely loaded may have similar effect / lowering presure inside eyes/
-joint-
Last edited by wiesiek on Thu May 14, 2009 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Thu May 14, 2009 5:16 am

wiesiek wrote:/clors of auras is visible in infra red, - Kilian`s phothography/

Just a small correction -- Kirlian photography has nothing to do with infra-red emissions AFAIK, it is a simple registration of a high-voltage corona discharge.

revolution, if you're not trolling... People see all sorts of things. No I never experienced what you described but felt and "saw" other unusual things. IMHO one should pay very little (or none at all) attention to stuff like that -- if you're serious about martial practice. If not -- then by all means, knock yourself out... :)
There are apparently enough aura seers out there because otherwise sites like this probably wouldn't exist: http://www.aura.net/flash_e/index.shtml

FWIW
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu May 14, 2009 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Xingyifan on Thu May 14, 2009 9:01 am

The brain could've just been interpreting certain sensations you felt visually. Kind of like people who see music.
Xingyifan
Santi

Postby shawnsegler on Thu May 14, 2009 9:32 am

nd vaporizer nicely loaded may have similar effect / lowering presure inside eyes/
-joint-

I have not found one besides the volcano that is worth a damn at all...and volcano are pricey.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby revolution on Thu May 14, 2009 6:48 pm

not trolling. learning bagua, xing yi, and very little tai chi.

thanks for the serious replies.
revolution
Mingjing

Postby bigphatwong on Thu May 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Actually, I'm inclined to agree with Michael on this one. According to chi kung theory, people are constantly leaking energy through the seven orifices: your eyes, your ears, your nose, your mouth, your belly button, your dick and your ass. That's why advanced practices involve absorbing energy and sealing these leaks. You can't warm your house with all the windows open.

My teacher did a lot of high-level shen kung, and once mentioned that he sees people all the time standing in the bank leaking energy out of their asses. ;D
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Fri May 15, 2009 12:40 am

:D

thx Dimitri, / i wasn`t clear in my writtings/

anyway
if you are able see the auras,
AND
if you are able to keep this vision during the fight /really not so easy task/
you can see intention of movment
so
you will always be step before attacker

this is still, song from galaxy far away for me :'(
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri May 15, 2009 6:50 am

bigphatwong wrote:My teacher did a lot of high-level shen kung, and once mentioned that he sees people all the time standing in the bank leaking energy out of their asses. ;D

That should be a thread title, and we all write like we're Strange telling a story where leaking energy out your ass is somehow relevant to the plot. ;D
Michael

Postby Strange on Tue May 26, 2009 8:38 pm

michael, i've been called and accused of many things
the most interesting and recent is that i'm flat fucking stupid and unable to comprehend english (when actually its about understanding chinese!)
but i must protest when i'm said to carry on leaky arse tales, whether in bank lines or other places
clarify and apologize or i'll sue your leaky arse to alaska
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Tue May 26, 2009 8:57 pm

wiesiek wrote:our bodys are covered by aura

http://rickaura.ytmnd.com/
Ian

Postby wiesiek on Tue May 26, 2009 11:42 pm

:D
swings like James Brown,
wiesiek
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That