Bagua vs. 52 Blocks

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Bagua vs. 52 Blocks

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Lyte Burly vs. Maoshan

This is a match between 2 men with a disagreement who agreed to settle their beef with the hands.
July 18th Tompkins Square park. I did as little editing as possible to allow the story to be told on it's own.
Peace to both men hope this will be the end of this.

Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Bagua vs. 52 Blocks

Postby Areios on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:30 am

some better ground game whould made that more exciting. The stand up was almost 0 in my opinion.
Areios
Wuji

Postby I'lls cappuccino on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:12 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK9LDYAb ... =quicklist lyte vs. dave the boxer .lyte seems to have a good vibe,the boxer has a good look of balance. i like this type of training, goes to shit when people try to be a dojo hero.good to mix it up with other style and keep it respectable.
I'lls cappuccino
Mingjing

Postby Ian on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:25 am

lol I like how these guys are always getting into internet challenges.
Ian

Postby middleway on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:07 am

maoshan used to post here sometimes ;-)

Looks like its time to re-evaluate the training i guess. Saying he didnt use any ba gua?? then why train it and teach it? Not being an arse here ... but that makes NO sense to me!

Interesting to see all the pre / post fight stuff too. lol.

cheers
Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Ian on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:49 am

middleway wrote:Saying he didnt use any ba gua?? then why train it and teach it? Not being an arse here ... but that makes NO sense to me!

yeah same. saying you're there to fight and not use your training is a huge cop-out!

Interesting to see all the pre / post fight stuff too. lol.

I especially like the bit where BT tries to entice the other guy back with money ;D
Ian

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:10 am

Looks like two grown men realizing that they're not kids , no real beef , to go on, would mean someone must get hurt for real , logic of an adult, not necessary, we stood up, let's walk away with face, no winner no loser, both gassed, neither using the integrity of the art they champion. I say if it continues, let them meet in the ring and let one prove definitively their skills in Bagua.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:14 am

Who is who exactly?

The guy in the black shirt had the other guy in a head lock but totally got taken down while still trying to hold that head lock.

Where's the 'change' (huan)? ?

Last edited by D_Glenn on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:13 am

BT's comments are here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-9eg8-UGQ

Well, yet another example where people should really learn some groundwork. The standup was almost nothing but Lyte did have the nice sweep.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Felipe Bidó on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:38 am

The comments after the fight were more interesting to me than the fight itself...
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby middleway on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:42 am

looks like BT Vid has been removed :(
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:44 am

I believe these types of encounters are great reality checks and Ego peels for some would be masters.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby strawdog on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:56 am

Where's the ba gua?
strawdog
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:10 am

Wow. Crazy shit. I wish the winner would have done so more decisively. I mean, if that was supposed to be a street fight, why did he just stop like that and decide that it was over when he felt like it?
Chris Fleming

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:33 am

Chris Fleming wrote:Wow. Crazy shit. I wish the winner would have done so more decisively. I mean, if that was supposed to be a street fight, why did he just stop like that and decide that it was over when he felt like it?

not a street fight
Wanderingdragon wrote:Looks like two grown men realizing that they're not kids , no real beef , to go on, would mean someone must get hurt for real , logic of an adult, not necessary, we stood up, let's walk away with face, no winner no loser, both gassed, neither using the integrity of the art they champion. I say if it continues, let them meet in the ring and let one prove definitively their skills in Bagua.

no winner or loser , there was no spirit of combat , no necessity to fight, it was over because of that, and when they stood up both were out of gas. Here was a chance to get out without a loser. Would love to hear BT's take
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Next

Return to Been There Done That