John Bracy's Ba Gua

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: John Bracy's Ba Gua

Postby yusuf on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:47 am

Tom wrote:
SteveBonzak wrote:Jake-

You should probably provide some back-up to your assertion that John Bracy is a "convicted molester/pedophile." I just did a quick check of registered sex offenders in California and his name did not come up. If he is a sex offender, then people should definitely be made aware. If he is not, then you should retract your statement. Please give us more details. Thanks.

-Steve

Steve--

The California sex offender registration program didn't start until July 1995. The charges against Bracy were brought in 1990, and convictions before 1995 would not have shown up on the database.

stuff happened in the last ten years as well.. i'm wondering why that hasn;t showed up?
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby SteveBonzak on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:23 am

Tom wrote:
SteveBonzak wrote:Jake-

You should probably provide some back-up to your assertion that John Bracy is a "convicted molester/pedophile." I just did a quick check of registered sex offenders in California and his name did not come up. If he is a sex offender, then people should definitely be made aware. If he is not, then you should retract your statement. Please give us more details. Thanks.

-Steve

Steve--

The California sex offender registration program didn't start until July 1995. The charges against Bracy were brought in 1990, and convictions before 1995 would not have shown up on the database.

Thanks, Tom.
SteveBonzak
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:48 pm

I wonder how many of the articles at matbattle.com start out this way.

When one teacher stays in the dominant/ director position too long, the junior instructors aren't able to reach their potential.]
Last edited by shawnsegler on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:48 am

Damn you Shawn, you made me look at that website!! >:( >:(

Must have eye-cleanser.

Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby big kahuna on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi all,

In case anyone wants the real story on the whole John Bracy thing, I think I can clear a few things up. John Bracy did plead guilty to having sexual contact with one adolescent boy and he spent about 6 month in jail right around 1990 (I don't recall the exact dates off the top of my head). He could have actually spent a few years in jail but was able to plea bargain down to only a few months. I actually have the local newspaper articles as well as the court transcripts detailing the accusations and trial packed away somewhere.

Then in 2001-2002 new alligations surfaced that he was having inappropriate sexual contact with many of his students, most of whom I knew personally. As far as I know they were all younger male students but they were all over 18 years old. Over a 1-2 month period the majority of his students and instructors left his school and refused to associate with him any longer. Most of these students reported that although the contact was technically consensual, Bracy almost always used some type of pressure to instigate this sexual contact.

I won't go into the gory details but it was actually some pretty twisted stuff.

All I can say is that anyone choosing to associate with John Bracy had better keep their guard up and not believe too much of the bullshit that comes out of his mouth.

Mike
big kahuna
Santi

Postby qiphlow on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Dmitri wrote:Damn you Shawn, you made me look at that website!! >:( >:(

Must have eye-cleanser.

sweet, sweet scarlett...

quoted because she deserves it.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Is it this guy?

BRACY,JONATHAN JOSHUA
8429 MARINERS DR #42 ,Stockton,CA 95219

found here: http://www.zirana.com/stockton/register ... s_map.html
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:51 pm

Buddy wrote:No, sorry sir, not yawn.
I was criticized by a former friend (hate it when someone I held in high esteem does that) for adding to this but one of his former instructors at his school (who was my student at the time and a damned nice guy) was quite candid in his revelation that the seniors of Bracy's school told him to go away and closed the school in their embarrassment.
This sort of shit can never be forgotten. It is a curse and a shame to us all. Targeting children should never be forgotten!
>:(

A Father

Oh yeah. This thread positively REEKS of charity & goodwill and thinking of the children. Not at all like stale MA gossip.

Make no assumption that I'm defending Bracy or his sort.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby chud on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:05 pm

big kahuna wrote:Hi all,

In case anyone wants the real story on the whole John Bracy thing, I think I can clear a few things up. John Bracy did plead guilty to having sexual contact with one adolescent boy and he spent about 6 month in jail right around 1990 (I don't recall the exact dates off the top of my head). He could have actually spent a few years in jail but was able to plea bargain down to only a few months. I actually have the local newspaper articles as well as the court transcripts detailing the accusations and trial packed away somewhere.

Then in 2001-2002 new alligations surfaced that he was having inappropriate sexual contact with many of his students, most of whom I knew personally. As far as I know they were all younger male students but they were all over 18 years old. Over a 1-2 month period the majority of his students and instructors left his school and refused to associate with him any longer. Most of these students reported that although the contact was technically consensual, Bracy almost always used some type of pressure to instigate this sexual contact.

I won't go into the gory details but it was actually some pretty twisted stuff.

All I can say is that anyone choosing to associate with John Bracy had better keep their guard up and not believe too much of the bullshit that comes out of his mouth.

Mike

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum.
chud
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 am

hey big kahuna, can you scan those articles in and post them? that would pretty much clear up anyone's doubts about the matter.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Bär on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Tom FTW.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby big kahuna on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:00 pm

I'll see what I can dig up.

Mike
big kahuna
Santi

Postby big kahuna on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:19 pm

Actually for anyone that really cares you can go to the OC Register web site and look at the Archives section -- 1987 to present. Type in the search John Bracy or Bracy and it will give you article summeries or you can buy the full articles if you want.

Mike

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/ar ... index2.php
big kahuna
Santi

Postby kshurika on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Entering "John Bracy" in the Simple Search, you'll get four article briefs from 1990. He pleaded guilty and got a year. If anyone wants to blow $1.95 on any of the full articles, feel free to post them here.
kshurika
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:34 am

Thanks Tom.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That