Dr. Stephen Yan Wu Tai Chi PHS vs wrestling and joints locki

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Dr. Stephen Yan Wu Tai Chi PHS vs wrestling and joints locki

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Nick C wrote:
Chris Fleming wrote:I think you had your chance at normal discussion. What you and others are doing amounts to SPAM. But hey, claiming that we are spamming your spam threads is a funny response.

Have I ever spammed threads? I have contributed to existing ones - but did I start any of these? In fact I didnt respond to any until these was a discussion on which to have a response.

But I guess its easier to just throw everyone into the same box.. Did you even watch the vids? Was there nothing in there of value?

It is easier to just throw everyone into the same box when the message is a "us vs them" attitude coming from your camp. I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for with the promotion of your teacher. What exactly are you looking to accomplish with the endless mentionings of your teacher? As for the clips, after watching the first few, I don't really watch them any more. I don't watch most clips, so don't take it personally. I don't see much value in a good portion of what is seen here. That is, I do not come on here to attempt at learning via video clips.
Chris Fleming

Postby yusuf on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:15 am

Nick C wrote:Hi Doc,

No worries about the humour. When it is tempered by the fact that you actually did watch the vids :)

and I totally agree that personally, I would have preferred one thread - in the video section, where these vids were posted, and discussions on the actual vids contained within that. A whole page of abuse however and then the (in that sense) appropriate BTDT death prevents that from happening of course.

NIck. ..get off your high horse.. there was some bullshit argument between Dr Yan / John Dyer and then you lot started fukking spammin this site ... i watched all the vids and think Dr Yans form is quite good, his push hands is crap and the ego boosting put downs of everyone else are reprehensible...

i'd sugegst taking your bleating elsewhere ..

yusuf
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Nick C on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:It is easier to just throw everyone into the same box when the message is a "us vs them" attitude coming from your camp. I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for with the promotion of your teacher. What exactly are you looking to accomplish with the endless mentionings of your teacher? As for the clips, after watching the first few, I don't really watch them any more. I don't watch most clips, so don't take it personally. I don't see much value in a good portion of what is seen here. That is, I do not come on here to attempt at learning via video clips.

I guess I think its appropriate to 'mention my teacher' in a thread about my teacher. I do not mention 'my teacher' on other threads... So endless mentionings seems a little over exaggurated. As for "your camp" - what does that mean? Does it mean those that found some value or interest from these videos or writing - remembering that the majority of these threads were started by people with NO association with Dr Yan (and assuming that is what you mean by "your camp"). Perhaps its just those that want to look at the information presented without the weight of previous personal opinions on the personalities involved? ???

Of course I will feel free to provide my opinion on others comments or view about these things, and in these threads. Is this promotion of my teacher? I have nothing to gain from 'promoting' him, I am not looking to gain anything. Surely my point of view however is just as valid as anyone elses on this?

Fair enough you see no value in video clips. I personally come to this site to view vids and read threads, to see others views, techniques, ideas, as I like seeing / reading / experiencing as much as I can about subjects of interest to me. Everyones milage varies I guess

Oh- and thanks for taking this discussion appropriately and not simply descending into pointed personal attacks.
Nick C
Anjing

Postby Nick C on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:45 pm

yusuf wrote:
NIck. ..get off your high horse.. there was some bullshit argument between Dr Yan / John Dyer and then you lot started fukking spammin this site ... i watched all the vids and think Dr Yans form is quite good, his push hands is crap and the ego boosting put downs of everyone else are reprehensible...

i'd sugegst taking your bleating elsewhere ..

yusuf

again with the 'you lot' bull. You think his push hands is crap - fine, make your discussion as to why, and that should be it. Why is all the rest of the shit necessary? The argument you mention was some while ago. I was a member here / the old EF well before that argument too.

Spamming this site - well again, whatever, 3 videos were put on to youtube. There was also some articles posted on a blog, one of which was posted here. 3 of those 4 threads (or 5 if you include the one duplicate which was quickly spotted and moved) were started by others, people that had no understanding of the feeling about Dr Yan on these boards, and were in no way linked to him. They found them on the web / youtube and thought they had value. You dont. Fine - thats an opinion and you are entitled to it. Try expressing yourself without abuse, claiming you will punch someone in the cock, claiming you have some mythical video of an MMA guy etc etc. Maybe you have something of value to add?

And I can assure you that I have no intention of going anywhere.
Nick C
Anjing

Postby yusuf on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:06 pm

so the fact i have said in the previous post what i think his form is good isn't enough for you.. you want me to bow down and say everything he does is outstanding.. it isnt, hs push hands is worse than mine... so how about this for no abuse.. fuck you

post up a vid of him doing something and not half falling on his arse and you might get a reasoned response.. keep spammin and i'll keep pointing out that you have your head so far up his arse i am surprised every word out of your mouth isn't polip
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:08 pm

"As for "your camp" - what does that mean?"

Oh and I took a quick look at the BTDT section and there are like 9 topics that were moved there, NOT counting the couple of Stephen Yam joke threads, and also (to my knowledge) NOT counting the original thread(s) that got him banned in the first place. There were also a couple of James McNeil threads that got put here too for some similar reasons. Why exactly people are entering this forum just to post more Yan clips and then claim total shock as to the response they get is beyond me.
Last edited by Chris Fleming on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Fleming

Postby Nick C on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:18 pm

yusuf - actually no - I dont care if you disagree. I would much rather have a discussion with someone over what you think is crap (as did happen on one thread - but not with you) - than all your shit. Perhaps you just have trouble articulating it?

I do hope that one day you meet yusuf. You seem to have a bug up your arse, and I am sure I would love to see you try to exercise it. You think his is crap - perhaps you should post your push hands as it is superior? Love to see that. I wont hold my breath though.
Nick C
Anjing

Postby Ian on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:32 pm

I don't get why you guys (Fans of Yan) keep posting his material when it's obviously not welcome here.
Last edited by Ian on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Postby nianfong on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:49 pm

enough.
nianfong
Administrator

Previous

Return to Been There Done That