It aint all that bona fide

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: It aint all that bona fide

Postby cdobe on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:39 am

Chris Fleming wrote:"but yours"

And I say Amen! to that. And yours is an excellent point and a healthy reminder to me. And on top of all that, I find it awesome that you looked up something in the Bible. I believe in Deuteronomy it says something about God being at your mouth when you quote His word. So even an unbeliever, at least for a time, had God right there. So close.

At the same time, this has been my experience of and on--that self professed "atheists" are often the most judgmental--all the while believing themselves to not be . To that I say, I answer all accusations (which is what you are doing) by the blood of the Lamb. You say "ha! look at yourself!". I say, "look at Christ on the throne".

I appreciate your self criticism. :)
I actually devoted myself to Christianity in my youth, without anyone pushing me in that direction. But when I was 18 or 19 years old, I realized the psychological reasons for my faith and freed myself from it. So it wasn't too hard for me to find the quote, although I had to look up the English version. I'm not a judgemental person at all. I have a lot of understanding for the weaknesses of humans, which doesn't mean that I have an anything goes mentality. Posting hot chicks is definately ok with me, though. :)
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:25 am

"Posting hot chicks is definately ok with me, though."

LOL. Apparently not! :)

Yeah, I thought I could be more like "one of the guys" on here, and I find women to be one of the most if the most beautiful things in the universe (how they act is a different matter altogether), but maybe you're right in saying that I can't.

Must have to point out for the record, that ONCE AGAIN (:)), bringing up the Bible/Christianity was not done by me. But I happily take up the discussion as it's a subject I enjoy.

There is one inaccuracy in your comment "Jesus is not my lord, but yours." As you said you were devoted to Christianity, then you know that it is not the case that Jesus is "a" Lord, but THE Lord. Lord of all, believer or unbeliever, as the verse says "every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord". I don't make up the rules, that's why I talked about throwing stones while living in a glass house. We're all living in glass houses. The good part is that as it says in 1st John, if we are faithful to confess, He is faithful to forgive.
Chris Fleming

Postby cdobe on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:07 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:Must have to point out for the record, that ONCE AGAIN (:)), bringing up the Bible/Christianity was not done by me. But I happily take up the discussion as it's a subject I enjoy.

That's not really a secret around here :D

Chris Fleming wrote:There is one inaccuracy in your comment "Jesus is not my lord, but yours." As you said you were devoted to Christianity, then you know that it is not the case that Jesus is "a" Lord, but THE Lord. Lord of all, believer or unbeliever, as the verse says "every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord". I don't make up the rules, that's why I talked about throwing stones while living in a glass house. We're all living in glass houses. The good part is that as it says in 1st John, if we are faithful to confess, He is faithful to forgive.

That's logical as long as you believe in it. I don't think you'll find a whole lot of people who will say "I'm not a Christian, but Jesus is our Lord".
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:07 am

re
"I'm not a Christian, but Jesus is our Lord".

it has nothing to do with silicone...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:13 am

Back to the topic:

What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:25 pm

It's what Jesus would do, if he had a body like I do. I like stripping because it coincides with my deep deep hatred of wearing clothes.

bahahaha!
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:42 am

Her logic is pretty funny... but so is the logic of most religious folks anyway :D
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:40 am

Sounds like "Stranger in a Strange Land".
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Patrick on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:41 am

All I can really say is:

I wish I had the body of christ.

http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Previous

Return to Been There Done That