It aint all that bona fide

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: It aint all that bona fide

Postby cdobe on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:21 am

edededed wrote:Ohhhh... "Ich hab' dich lieb" - is lieb a noun now? Why can't you say "Ich habe Liebe fur dich" instead? Or why isn't it "Ich hab' dich Liebe?"

Damn, they never taught us such simple things in German class... :(

I'ld really like to watch you, saying "Ich habe Liebe für dich" to someone ;D It would be like saying "I've got some love for you, baby"
In my opinion "(Ich) hab(e) dich lieb" is a modern girly slang. Lieb is an adverb in this case. It seems to be derived from "Ich hab(e) dich gern(e)", which simply means "I like you". You could also say "Ich mag dich". But it's already quite intimate to say that. You wouldn't say it to another man or a woman you're not romantically interested in. At least, you would have to weaken it a little bit by saying "ich habe dich ganz gern(e)" - "I quite like you". A more neutral way of saying this would be "Ich kann dich gut leiden". Literally "leiden" means to suffer ;) In modern juvenile language you could also say "du bist voll cool" or most recently, because of a stupid song, you could say to guys "du bist voll der Atze".

@ Tom
What's irrelevant about teaching a guy, how to express his feelings in the language, that is probably best suited to do so? You hard-headed old man. Go bi... ahm... be a little bit nicer.
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:28 am

Roaaargh!!! My brain is overloading, too much Deutsch! ;D (I need some more RAM perhaps)

Lots of good information here, if I can process it, thanks! :D (And Tom, don't be a dich! Ha! ;D )

(Actually, that girl in the video teaching German pronunciation was kind of cute ;D Mebbe if I watch the rest of those, I will then understand what you wrote! )
Last edited by edededed on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Ben on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:49 am

gretel wrote:
Mix is a master of language, in fact he invents new languages all the time, but he can't spell worth a damn.

gretel

I'm right there with him.

Bad spellers of the world UNTIE! ;D

Just saw Mix used the joke already... Darn you Mix... :P
Last edited by Ben on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never confuse movement with action.
-Ernest Hemingway
Ben
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:00 am

edededed wrote:(Actually, that girl in the video teaching German pronunciation was kind of cute ;D Mebbe if I watch the rest of those, I will then understand what you wrote! )

She has some nice ways to explain pronounciation to other English speaking people, but you have to take everything she says with a grain of salt. Before trying any of her sentences in a German biker bar, you should consult me first ;)
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:27 am

lol. whining bitch rants are everywhere! lol

hey partridge, why not join up with sigman under whichever rock he's crawled under then?

holy shit man...
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Do not re-rail this thread! ;)
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Bär wrote:Do not re-rail this thread! ;)

BAM!

Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Dmitri wrote:
BAM!

esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:43 pm

qiphlow wrote:
Dmitri wrote:
BAM!

I'm seeing double! Six cheeks!!!!!
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Earth_Monkey on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:31 pm

No!! No!! Now its Boner Fide, at least we are consistent when we derail.
Earth_Monkey
Anjing

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Chris Fleming

Postby cdobe on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:09 am

Chris Fleming wrote:Image

27“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away; it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to go into hell.

cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:29 am

A picture of what "cdobe" is throwing.

A picture of "cdobe"'s house.
Chris Fleming

Postby cdobe on Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:57 am

Chris Fleming wrote:Image

A picture of what "cdobe" is throwing.

A picture of "cdobe"'s house.

Jesus is not my lord, but yours. Now chop off your hand already and tear out your eyes :)
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:04 am

"but yours"

And I say Amen! to that. And yours is an excellent point and a healthy reminder to me. And on top of all that, I find it awesome that you looked up something in the Bible. I believe in Deuteronomy it says something about God being at your mouth when you quote His word. So even an unbeliever, at least for a time, had God right there. So close.

At the same time, this has been my experience of and on--that self professed "atheists" are often the most judgmental--all the while believing themselves to not be . To that I say, I answer all accusations (which is what you are doing) by the blood of the Lamb. You say "ha! look at yourself!". I say, "look at Christ on the throne".
Chris Fleming

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That