Ah, the Yak.

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Ah, the Yak.

Postby Michael on Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:44 pm

Michael

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:49 am

http://www.emptyflower.com is still up and running and contains Dave's work still.
Damn, the dude some some nice digital art.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks for the flashback in time. Lungmen.org is no more, I've lost weight (and hair) and don't do gongfu any more. Got divorced and a new hip. Why isn't this thread locked like the other cool ones? Good to see little you-know-who got his panties in a bunch and left again.

Buddy ;)
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Buddy,

Good to see you.

So what are you doing these days?

Greg
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Buddy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Greg,
I'm still a historical interpreter at the local living history museum. I've been doing a bunch of meditating, working on some demons.
Good to hear from you,

Buddy
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:39 am

Buddy wrote:I've lost weight (and hair) and don't do gongfu any more...Good to see little you-know-who got his panties in a bunch and left again.

Glad you have surfaced again. This business of no training is not good, though. I understand that with time and changes, things are different--really, I get that. How about a very simple program of, say, some mindful ZZ and a few drills for your two or three favorite fighting concepts? Or if you want to avoid the ZZ route, some general exercise good for body awareness, like baduanjin.

I don't know what to think about the Less Ling episode. (First we had Mo', an' then we had Less.) I think people generally tried to be accommodating, too, which reminds me of an old Chinese saying I can't quite remember.

Best wishes!
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby chud on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:31 am

Buddy wrote:I've lost weight (and hair) and don't do gongfu any more.

Are you not training because you don't want to, or because you can't? My cousin just had hip surgery and is getting around quite well, so it seems that very light practice (tai chi, slow circle walking) would be possible. Hopefully you're doing ok. Take care of yourself brutha.
chud
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Buddy wrote:Hi Greg,
I'm still a historical interpreter at the local living history museum. I've been doing a bunch of meditating, working on some demons.
Good to hear from you,

Buddy

Thanks Buddy, you a well.

Good times,

G
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:03 am

Yeah Buddy. I wish you well and hope to see you around.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:42 am

Thanks all! klonk, you crack me up.
Actually I recently got Tim's Sun style book and first DVD set and am going to work off that for a bit (I know, I know you can't learn from...). I want to be a beginner again and have no time to train formally. I've been seriously meditating and stretching a bit. The new hip is fine (although the other one is going, damn arthritis), but my interest in fighting (physically and politically) has really gone away. I hope it stays away, it was always too easy to work myself into a lather.
For those of you who know me (and if I had not mentioned already) my daughter got a high powered position leading a team of artists for a major online anime RPG site in California, so I may be looking some of you up one of these days to shoot the shit and hoist a couple back.
Buddy
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Been There Done That