LKJ / empty force explanation

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: LKJ / empty force explanation

Postby Bhassler on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:02 am

I personally have witnessed Don Angier causing seasoned fighters (really real world fighters from da skreetz) to fall over without touching them. This was done from very close (striking range) and is just a trick of understanding balance and rapidly triggering people's flinch responses until they fall-down-go-boom (he used three hand movemets, basically going in front of the face, down towards the groin, then back to the face). Don Angier does not believe in chi. Also, he looks kinda like Santa Clause. Thus, I have conclusively prooved both the existence of Santa and LKJ.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 am

The best "empty force" explanation I've seen has been from John Painter, as he took the mysticism and unrealistic-ness out of it.

I wasn't there for that video but did see him do this in person. He also explained that to train that technique you have to be brave and be willing to take shots to the face.

You're probably better off spending your time training how to get out of the way but when you're older in terms of being a IMA practitioner you're supposed to have these "hidden" refined skills.
Chris Fleming

Postby BruceP on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Empty 'force' happens all the time, every day, among regular folks, and they don't even realize it.

Painter's right.

Taking punches to the face, or anywhere else, isn't so bad if you know how to eat em with structure and intent. It was basic, first-day stuff in my fake tai chi school.
Last edited by BruceP on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:17 pm

Re: target replacement
I have a friend who's a retired Hung Ga fighter and who now teaches movement to actors that does that all the time to mess with his students.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Somewhat of a similar idea here:

Chris Fleming

Postby Andy_S on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:25 am

SNIP
The Chinese don't have the magic market cornered.
The Indians have it. So too do the Muslims. In the West we have the Rosicrucians, Templars, Freemasons, Theosophists, O.T.O, some American Indians, etc.
Most of these people do not practice a physical martial art but consider the use of their magic as martial techniques in another kind of warfare.
SNIP

Alas, the Templars were annihilated, India was invaded and colonized by the Moguls and then the British, and the American Indians lost pretty much everything when confronted by the magic of firewater and the repeating rifle.

If you do a bit of reserach on OTO, I think you will discover that their highest level of magic - this came about after Crowley took over - involves being sodomized. (No, I am not joking, check it out.) To me, any "magic" that requires a chap shagging me in the arse to learn its highest techniques indicates that...well....something is very seriously wrong, somewhere.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby GaryR on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Andy_S wrote:SNIP
The Indians have it. So too do the Muslims. In the West we have the Rosicrucians, Templars, Freemasons, Theosophists, O.T.O, some American Indians, etc.
Most of these people do not practice a physical martial art but consider the use of their magic as martial techniques in another kind of warfare.
SNIP

Alas, the Templars were annihilated, India was invaded and colonized by the Moguls and then the British, and the American Indians lost pretty much everything when confronted by the magic of firewater and the repeating rifle.

If you do a bit of reserach on OTO, I think you will discover that their highest level of magic - this came about after Crowley took over - involves being sodomized. (No, I am not joking, check it out.) To me, any "magic" that requires a chap shagging me in the arse to learn its highest techniques indicates that...well....something is very seriously wrong, somewhere.

Interesting post Andy, thanks for sharing.

best,

G
GaryR

Postby karlson on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:53 am

GaryR wrote:
Andy_S wrote:SNIP
SNIP

Interesting post Andy, thanks for sharing.

best,

G

The Templars were absorbed into the Freemasons, check out the indians of North central Mexico, you can't believe everything you read about OTO. What about the Muslims... Assassins?
karlson
Huajing

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Chris Fleming wrote:

Without question, my old friend, Sifu Painter, is a very competent practitioner and a very generous teacher of the Chinese IMA's. In particular, from my point of view, he is especially gifted in his ability to research and test commonly accepted IMA concepts and principles in order to find new ways, or obscured old ways, of expressing them through his martial arts. Very cool! 8-)

As such, his work in this regard represents the continuation of similar research efforts by expert teachers in every generation to date. -bow-
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:21 am

karlson wrote:
The Templars were absorbed into the Freemasons, check out the indians of North central Mexico, you can't believe everything you read about OTO. What about the Muslims... Assassins?

I guess nobody told these guys they'd been absorbed! ;D

http://www.templars.org.uk/
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby McNever on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Let me start off by saying I don't believe any of this stuff is applicable in any fight street ring or anywhere else. I chalk most of it up to good hearted teacher/student psycho / physical. Most of the time I'm sure the teacher is as duped as the students are. but....

I have one story I can't figure out, probably because I wasn't there and it heard it 2nd hand. A friend who I response and have trained with, who is more skeptical than I am had an experience with this type of thing. He had an instructor of his instructor (grandmaster for lack of better term) come in and do a demo while he was visiting. I guess the guy offered to demo some no touch stuff and of course my buddy hopped right up and said 'do me, I don't think it will work' and of course the guy when into the 'well it doesn't work on everybody' speech. He had my buddy stand straight up with his feet together and he walk around him in a circle with his hand up. My buddy said the guy would 'push' forward and he would stumble in the direction the guy pushed. My buddy, assuming some visual trick had the guy do it from behind him (where he couldn't see) and with his own eyes closed, both of which worked. He said it wasn't like he was being pushed, but more like he just lost his balance and happened to fall in the direction the guy was pushing. He never fell down, just lost his balance and had to move.

Keep the flame throwers on low, I fully admit that this is second hand info and that its not even conceivably provable, I'm not even sure what you'd prove. But my friend was floored and like I said he's a skeptical guy, not an IMA dude looking for magic. He has focused primarily on stick fighting and kick boxing, so... just throwing it out there for what its worth... Its the closest I've come to seeing any no touch techniques

Jason
McNever
Santi

Postby Bill on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:10 pm

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby donjitsu2 on Tue May 17, 2011 8:36 am

I'm working on a series of posts for my Blog that deal with my experience and beliefs about the Lin Kong Jing.

The Truth About the Lin Kong Jing (part 1)

The Truth About the Lin Kong Jing (part 2)

So far, I've only finished these two posts but there will be more in the future.

Train Hard,
Josh Skinner
(Un)Caged Fighter - My Blog!

johnwang wrote:There's no such thing as "impossible"; there's only "you haven't trained hard enough".
donjitsu2
Santi

Postby nianfong on Thu May 26, 2011 6:51 pm

wait... so you really were shielding against the radki kid?
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Wanderer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:03 am

Hi Donjitsi, I wandered over to the links you provided and skimmed through your articles. You make excellent points and sound like a serious practitioner but I disagree somewhat on your point of empty force not being very powerful. If we take into account the phenomenal abilities of Sun Lutang, Yang Chengfu, or Wang Xiangzhai, just to name a few, then it would seem that these guys had INCREDIBLE empty force skills. Of course I can only go by what I've read about these men!
Wanderer
Santi

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That