Thanks to the Admins

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Thanks to the Admins

Postby nianfong on Wed May 14, 2008 4:50 pm

in your usergroups tab, there's a button on the lower left corner of the frame 'change default group'. not the submit button.
select the group you want as default, and then select "change default group"
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Craig on Wed May 14, 2008 6:22 pm

nope that button doesnt exist for me. I just have the drop down box with options for joining or leaving a group. It says in the text that I can only change groups if admin allows it
Craig
Great Old One

Postby Interloper on Wed May 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Yin wrote:
ashe wrote:
Yin wrote: Ashee

actually i prefer 安心

;)

Don't recognise the character 安 other than its a female particle under the roof (my chinee ain't that good see :-/ )

It's "an" (tranquility/peace). The origin is kinda cute/sexist -- at least from what my teacher told me when I was studying Mandarin a long time ago. "One wife/woman in the house (under one roof) = Tranquility. Two or more wives under one roof = Chaos and Discord" (and I think that the character for discord or a similar word is actually two "nyu-ren" characters under the one roof! :p
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed May 14, 2008 6:45 pm

Craig wrote:nope that button doesnt exist for me. I just have the drop down box with options for joining or leaving a group. It says in the text that I can only change groups if admin allows it

oh really? weird, ok I'll fix it for you. I'll see if I can change this so you guys can change it yourselves....
nianfong
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Wed May 14, 2008 6:55 pm

ok just fixed it. great old ones can now change their own default group.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Yin on Thu May 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Interloper wrote:It's "an" (tranquility/peace). The origin is kinda cute/sexist -- at least from what my teacher told me when I was studying Mandarin a long time ago. "One wife/woman in the house (under one roof) = Tranquility. Two or more wives under one roof = Chaos and Discord" (and I think that the character for discord or a similar word is actually two "nyu-ren" characters under the one roof! :p

Ah, Ashee = tranquil heart. Thx Interloper.
Truth is a thing of this world, produced by multiple forms of constraint, and producing regular effects of power. Michel Foucault.
Yin
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic