book review: "Hidden in Plain Sight" by Ellis Amdur

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: book review: "Hidden in Plain Sight" by Ellis Amdur

Postby Interloper on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:35 pm

WVMark wrote:I don't believe it's "comprehensive" yet, Tom. I think Peter Goldsbury is going to do at least one more article on Aikiweb reviewing other chapters in Ellis' book. But, I do agree it's well worth reading it and the comments.

EDIT: Hey, Tom, where'd your post go???

EDIT the EDIT: Okay, since Tom and his post disappeared with ninja like stealth and speed (Is Tom a Ninja? If I've just outed him, am I on a hit list now?), here's the link he had posted about Peter Goldbsbury's review of Ellis' book.

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17313

Shoot. Whenever Tom "disappears" a post that I didn't get a chance to see, I always think I've missed something juicy and maybe just a bit naughty... :P :-\

But since there's still a reference to Dr. Goldsbury's excellent review, I'll throw in my exhortation to read it. Not only is it comprehensive in a way most of us would never have the forebearance and focus to accomplish, the additional articles and biblio references he includes are worth it in themselves for anyone who is interested in pursuing the tangential (and related) topics.
Last edited by Interloper on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks guyes for the great review!
As a aikido observer, I see many competencies with like arts such as baquazhang and xingyi.

Thanks Mr Amdur
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby TaiChiTJ on Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Great review! Thanks.
TaiChiTJ
Santi

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan