My new toy

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

My new toy

Postby Muad'dib on Tue May 13, 2008 3:28 pm

Just got the 4 inch blade ti-lite from cold steel via able ammo. One word: Sweet.

It's been ages since I had a One hand open knife, any ideas how to relax the action a bit?

Best,

D
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Re: My new toy

Postby Muad'dib on Thu May 15, 2008 4:47 pm

sadly, I have no pics, but I sent a few vids of the ti-lite from youtube to a buddy who is a dc cop.

the response was:

Before I saw those clips, I'd just give you a warning, now I'd bust you six ways from sunday.

Clip in question is the ti-lite pocket draw
and
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Thu May 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Just practice wrist snapping it open- it will loosen up in time- does not take long, that's been my experiance with the bigger one... May have to tighten it after a while, it gets pretty slick- the liner lock is the best one I have ever seen..
I really like my ti lite as well- damn dangerous thing..

I don't take it out of the house much, the smaller one would be better idea for that I think..
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Thu May 15, 2008 5:40 pm

yeah, after I posted the first one (almost immediately after I got it) the action started to loosen up. It's damn frighteningly fast on the draw, but the nice part is there is no need for flourish, just straight pull from the pocket and go. None of this bullshit "look at my pretty knife", just "oh, shit, that hurts". If I am in an SD situation I don't think taking the time to to falsely intimidate plays a part. I want 0 to game time in as fast as possible, if the life is on the line
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby fuga on Thu May 15, 2008 7:58 pm

I think I know what I am getting myself for my birthday.
fuga
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Fri May 16, 2008 1:51 am

are you sure that's only 4"? looks like 6" at least...
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Fri May 16, 2008 4:57 am

One of the videos is the 6 inch, but the action is the same, if not faster on the 4 inch. I don't have a camera myself, so I had to find comparable clips on you tube. I don't think Chanchu's original post and clips about this knife really caught the speed of deployment.

from my perspective, the only real problem with this knife is that it's not something you can really ever try to explain away to cops as a utility knife.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Chanchu on Fri May 16, 2008 8:40 am

Yeah esp the 6 inch one- cops would love to catch you with that, and like we talked about before if they can snap it open- may get a gravity knive offense charge. No matter that you can do the same thing with some buck folders. One guy on a on line knife forum related that he had this happen to him.

The large one to me is a type of "Pocket Jian"- 13 inches long when opened 6 inch blade. I will buy another one when I get a chance..

Really like the four inch one too. That is very cool, they also make a 4 inch one with a titanium handle that they say locks up super tight. Far out of my price range but damn nice folder, a uber italian stilleto.

Would like to see a 7' inch or 8 inch blade version that would be a real pocket jian!
Chanchu
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic