bare knuckle kung fu challenge match

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

bare knuckle kung fu challenge match

Postby cloudz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:46 am

Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Re: bare knuckle kung fu challenge match

Postby Tesshu on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:18 am

LOL. That dude walking in just in time.
4th law of Newton: To every male action there is a female overreaction.
Tesshu
Great Old One

Postby Rikimaru on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:20 am

:o
they were drunk or what?
Both were student of the same "GRAND Master" - Nam Anh
http://shaolinwingchun.com/ - Flores
http://www.peimeikungfu.com/ - Pei mei guy

Can't figure myself the connection between those 2 styles...
BTW, Nam Anh is a grand master of the "wudang kung-fu" too. ::)

And.. Same guy in another "bare knuckle kung-fu challenge."
(old news)
Last edited by Rikimaru on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru
Mingjing

Postby Bao on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:24 am

That was just bad fighting... :/
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:32 am

nice head kick.
Areios
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:02 am

Bao wrote:That was just bad fighting... :/

I'm curious what did you think was bad ?

I thought the guy who won had some strong kicking, and he certainly finished decisevly without taking any damage. Goal accomplished. To be that is some points for "good", at least.

The other guy didn't have much to offer other than a couple of kicks in reply. They both seemed very hesitent to commit to exchanging hands. Being bare knuckle and seeing the result I can understand their hesitence.

Considering the messy shit we usually see like Maoshans fighting against that MT guy. This was quite refreshing I thought. Now his I would call "bad fighting" in that match.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:08 am

These guys have a very bad reputation in the Montreal martial arts scene.
I don't want to go into it too deeply here, but others on this forum have experience with them that has been less than positive. :-\
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Rikimaru on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:25 am

Are you serious?
The hand play is ridiculous. Trying to imitate a snake head with is hand... FOR WHAT!?
This is an insult to any WingChun praticionner.
The kicks are not bad... is the lack of defence skills of his opponent that are horrible.

i'm curious about why did you think this was a good fight?
Like you said, the bagua vs Mt fight was not a good fight either (for the bagua side). Mainly because we didnt see any bagua in it.
Can you point out the Wing Chun or Pei Mei in this fight?
Help me because i can't see nothing else than funny hand playing and fancy kicking.

To me it look more like an improvised "Friendly exchange" that end up in knocking out an 50&- pounds unprepared student.
Rikimaru
Mingjing

Postby amanmtl on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:45 am

Carl??? You didn't learn all those high kicks in slt???

=)
amanmtl
Anjing

Postby cloudz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:54 am

Rikimaru wrote:Are you serious?
The hand play is ridiculous. Trying to imitate a snake head with is hand... FOR WHAT!?
This is an insult to any WingChun praticionner.
The kicks are not bad... is the lack of defence skills of his opponent that are horrible.

i'm curious about why did you think this was a good fight?
Like you said, the bagua vs Mt fight was not a good fight either (for the bagua side). Mainly because we didnt see any bagua in it.
Can you point out the Wing Chun or Pei Mei in this fight?
Help me because i can't see nothing else than funny hand playing and fancy kicking.

To me it look more like an improvised "Friendly exchange" that end up in knocking out an 50&- pounds unprepared student.

Well I wasn't rating it according to wing chun or any style. The posturing I ignored as i don't consider it fighting. It was posturing - so what ?

If you fucking pay attention I never said it was good. i just pointed out a couple of thing I thought i would put in the "good" column.

There's a fucking difference dipshit. Don't fucking STRAWMAN me again. I didn't think or say I thought Maoshan was bad because of lack of bagua either.

It was crap fighting from him, end of.

A good fight is relative. i was just saying in that post a couple of elememts in that fiight that I considered "good". Read more carefully before you reply next time.
Last edited by cloudz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby xingyijuan on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:05 am

@ Mix: Yeah, last time, they thought it was me messing up with their videos and I recieved an nice e-mail with weak passive-agressive threats from one of their students. Bunch of idiots!

They finally released this one. I thought they would. This was around the time I was with them. This is the kind of shit they glorify themselves with.

This is the back story, as far as I remember it: The meeting was supposed to be a challenge covered as a "technical exchange" between Nam Anh's school and his nephew's, Huang Phan. At that time, they an epic family feud and his nephew had his school segregated from the main school. In the video, the nephew is the guy wearing a black t-shirt with a white stripe and jeans in the background. This bout was one of many they had that day. The other fights were what they were supposed to be, technical exchanges with no clear winner. Nam Anh sent this guy, Flores, to send his nephew a message. The matches were supposed to be light contact. Then this idiot went all out on the poor kid. I was told that the younger guy who got hit had only a couple of years of training and not much sparring experience. I believe he got his jaw broken in that fight. You can clearly hear the old fart Nam Ahn laughing when the kid hits the ground. Nam Anh is the old fart walking in in the last few seconds of the video.

No, it wasn't a good fight. It was a set up where a poor kid got hurt. By the way, watch how flores sets up his kicks. It's basically the same he does with the vietnamese student on the other video Rikimaru posted. But that time, his opponent had more experience and reacted better... well much better considering flores got floored! lol.

Oh, and another thing, the student that wrote to me was bitching about how the vietnamese guy hit flores harder that what they agreed uppon. If you look at the whole video, you can clearly see that it's floored... I mean flores, that escalated the intensity of the fight.

edit: I just saw the video called Tribute to Nam Anh. In that video, you can see one student called Nam Loi and is identified as being is son. He's his adopted son, in reality, he's his nephew.
Last edited by xingyijuan on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Power cannot exist without movement"Yang Hai

* Nammies: Comprehension not required.
xingyijuan
Great Old One

Postby Rikimaru on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:09 am

@cloudz :
Nice "Fucking" post! You are right. Everything is relative.
Sorry to have hurt your "fucking" feeling!
again, i'm "fucking" sorry to have make "fucking" assumption by my -fucking- self!
Last edited by Rikimaru on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikimaru
Mingjing

Postby cloudz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:28 am

Good, i'm glad you get the fuckin message ;D

my feeling are fine, no need to apologize. Just don't strawman what people say - it's rude. If you want to give your opinions give them.

But starting out by saying "are you serious", which is obviously directed at someone, is asking to be put straight. i explained my use of "good" and what i was describing and in relation to what.

Now you have been put straight. Run along.
Last edited by cloudz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:40 am

It was a set up where a poor kid got hurt. By the way, watch how flores sets up his kicks

that sucks - I didn't know that back story, obviously. Not that it matters to what i commented on. You can say it was a bad match up, in that context sure it was a bad fight.

Technically there were a couple of good elements demonstrated in it, despite everything else..
Last edited by cloudz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:46 am

cloudz wrote:
Bao wrote:That was just bad fighting... :/

I'm curious what did you think was bad ?

I thought the guy who won had some strong kicking, and he certainly finished decisevly without taking any damage.

They both seemed very hesitent to commit to exchanging hands. Being bare knuckle and seeing the result I can understand their hesitence.

Hesitant? Not very committed to anything I would say. They kept the same range - inside kicking range - for the whole game. None of them seemed eager to play their own game or dominate the other guy's game. Not much follow up or any kind of tactical game. Just an exchange between single attacks.

A little bit peculiar game if I must say so. Not much commitment at all. But maybe the better guy just took it easy because he knew he would win. Well, I don't know... :/

Edit: Thanks Xingyi for the back story. It makes the fight it more understandable.
Last edited by Bao on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan