Shooting in Florida

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Shooting in Florida

Postby gzregorz on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:56 am

Is it true that fox isn't covering this?

If so it's no wonder half of my country lives in a bubble.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Re: Shooting in Florida

Postby Steve James on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:49 pm

I don't watch Fox regularly, so I can't say. I just turned it on to check, and they were talking about Tom Hanks at a school party where there was a guy in blackface and an afro wig. The topic was whether it would hurt the White House. But, it's not hard to understand why they aren't talking about it.

Ok, I'm watching FOX right now. The lead story is Obama's visit to the solar power plant outside Las Vegas. There are complaints that there aren't enough employees, that solar power isn't efficient, that the taxes are too high, that Obama isn't supporting the Keystone pipeline enough. Well, it seems as if this show is about energy. The Pres or his rep makes a statement, and then they have an expert come on to contradict it. The banner running underneath is about a possible Syrian ceasefire, home sales and that Jeb Bush has endorsed Nitt Romney. Now, there's a special report about stocks, mental health in the military after the Afghan murders. There's now a report about the murderer they have holed up in Toulouse. May they all R.I.P.

Now, the story is about which candidate has the nicest wife. The commercial is coming on, and there is no indication that they will get to the FL story. I'm not going to keep watching, anyway.
Last edited by Steve James on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:02 pm

gzregorz wrote:Is it true that fox isn't covering this?

If so it's no wonder half of my country lives in a bubble.

GOP News would not know how to handle the story, even if they tried. They are entertainment, hysteria, and I hope they stay around to herald the freedom this country was founded on!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:03 pm

People have the freedom to sniff glue too, I don't think it's anything to be proud of.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 am

Steve's play by play of FOX is pretty good. I felt like I was there. Might be a good idea for a video weblog. :)
Michael

Postby Chris McKinley on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 am

I watch them all. They're all covering it as a top story, and they're all doing a fairly decent job. The truth is nobody has all the facts of the situation yet.
Chris McKinley

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:16 am

What happened?
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:27 am

A teen boy was shot by a neighborhood watch guy. The big question is whether it was self-defense or murder. There is a 9-11 call from a third party on which can be heard a call for help then a single shot. The dispute is as to whose voice it is calling for help. Very little factual information has yet been released.
Chris McKinley

Postby gzregorz on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:24 am

Somehow chris left out that the kid was also black, armed with skittles and ice cream going home to watch a game.

Zimmerman chased him down and shot him even though the dispatcher told him not to follow the kid.
Last edited by gzregorz on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Baguaplayer on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:33 am

They also are saying there was possibly a racial slur murmured by the shootist.
Baguaplayer
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:49 am

That's true you could find the phone call on YouTube.

Also the police did nothing they didn't even interview witnesses.
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Yes, thanks! I heard it on the radio but I thought that it was something else. They played the dispatch recording where Zimmerman is told not to pursue and from what I heard in the news it does sound like it was murder. I am also curious to know more.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:26 pm

so because the kid is black it must be racial? the shooter is spanish and white, the shooter also called cops 40 something times on people in the past few weeks what race were they? sounds like people are quick to pull a race issue again. Its a tragedy and the gun law their with shooting in self defense has made shootings rise, and this guy sounds like he was a paranoid nut calling cops so many times etc.

now an innocent kid is gone, sad shit, but before race is the issue lets make sure it was racially motivated,
beegs
Great Old One

Postby Kato on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:32 pm

2:20 cough cough
Old wood to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old books to read
Kato
Great Old One

Postby beegs on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:47 pm

so thats proof that its racial?

so he must be a racist then? hes obviously a nut, but a racist? not sure how thats easily determined.

were the other 40 something people he called the cops on also racial incidents?
beegs
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic