Tandem Story [Laughing For Days]

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Tandem Story [Laughing For Days]

Postby Mike Strong on Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 pm

1st Paragraph:

He had ten grand in his pocket, and a tank full of gas. He began to drift off into a daydream, imagining pulling into Vegas just as the sun was setting; when suddenly, he saw the State Trooper's lights flashing in the rear view mirror. There was no cursing. No pounding his fist on the dashboard. He just pulled the Cadilac over to the side of the road, rolled down his window, and waited with both hands on the steering wheel.
Last edited by Mike Strong on Tue May 20, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Strong

Re: Tandem Story [Laughing For Days]

Postby Felipe Bidó on Tue May 20, 2008 9:40 pm

The cops approached...he waited patiently, sure that nothing out of the ordinary was going to happen...but suddenly he looked to the rear view mirror and thought... "is that blood running down the cop's temple?
Last edited by Felipe Bidó on Tue May 20, 2008 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby Snow on Tue May 20, 2008 10:52 pm

Blood or no, the officer seemed all business, Frank thought, as she planted her feet outside the door, rapped on the window twice with a knuckle. He hit the window button, and as the pane slid down he looked up into the cop's mirror shades, at the thin line of red beginning to trickle past the earpiece. He waited for her to speak first, but she said nothing. Just stared. He had never been easily intimidated, but Frank began to smell his own sweat and then a cloying odor drifting in through the window. Did cops wear perfume? If this one did, she sure went for the cheap stuff. "How fast was I going, officer?" Keep it light, he thought. Keep it light and steady. The cop pulled off her sunglasses and leaned in toward him. Her eyes were unfocused, the pupils huge. She continued to lean in, inches from his face, the too-sweet scent overpowering. "We have come," she said. Her breath shuddered, and she collapsed unconscious onto his shoulder.
Last edited by Snow on Tue May 20, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snow
Anjing

Postby Kaitain on Wed May 21, 2008 12:00 am

"Damn, and I didn't even touch her" thought Frank, trying to humour himself. He shoved her off of his shoulder and she crumpled out of sight. Frank wound his window back up and tried to calm down. Ignoring the stink of his frightened sweat, he put the car into gear and prepared to drive away. Shit. What if she had slipped under the car when she fell off of his shoulder? The last thing he needed was a manslaughter charge, not after the last time. With a sigh he wound his window down again and leant out to see if he could drive on. Bare ground met his gaze. She wasn't there.
Sticking your head up your arse is not internal.
Kaitain
Great Old One

Postby Harvey on Wed May 21, 2008 5:14 am

Collecting his thoughts he sat back in the seat only to look out the windsheild to discover not only was there no Tropper but her car was gone too. Was he dreaming or was this another side effect of the surgery he had just had. The Mexican doctor had told him that he could survive with one kidney and the money he had offered was good but he couldn't help but think was that all that had happened. For that matter he wasn't even sure the doctor was Mexican or even a doctor for that matter.
Last edited by Harvey on Wed May 21, 2008 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feck You You Feckin Fecker
Harvey
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed May 21, 2008 5:53 am

His cellphone suddenly exploded with an obnoxiously loud pseudo-musical ring that almost made him jump out of his seat. He leaned to the other side to make some room and pulled it out of his tight pocket to see who the hell that was. Very few people had this number... "Not few enough," he thought as he fumbled with it. The phone slipped out of his fingers and wedged itself in that sweet spot between the seat and the center console. The phone continued to ring, it seemed the annoying quasi-jazzy crap coming out of it was getting louder and louder. He was beginning to get seriously pissed, as he forced his fingers into the slot in futile attempts to pry the damn thing out. The sound was deafening.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Harvey on Wed May 21, 2008 6:25 am

The sound clawed at his brain like some impossible carrion bird, ripping into his head. He tried harder to reach the phone but couldn't. Frustrated he banged his head against the steering wheel, suddenly his vision shifted and he could momentarily see the troopers car. He banged his head again and there again for a second he could see the flashing lights on the cars roof. He grabbed the steering wheel and pulled hard as he went to hit his head again.

"It's ok doctor he's coming round" the ringing had gone and been replaced by voices, as his eyes cleared Frank realised he was in an emergency room.
"Where am I?" he asked the nurse adjusting the IV beside his gurney. She looked down at him but he still couldn't see porperly "Where am I?" he repeated, the nurse leant down and her face came into focus, an eerily familiar face
"You have come" she said
Last edited by Harvey on Wed May 21, 2008 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey
Great Old One

Postby Josealb on Wed May 21, 2008 6:27 am

He didnt have to say hello when he picked up the cell, because the voice spoke before he did. What shall he say about it? Shall he say that the voice was deep; hollow; gelatinous; remote; unearthly; inhuman; disembodied? He froze for a second after he heard it and then threw the phone out the window. A single, cold drop of sweat began to slide down his temple and he began to consider if he was going crazy. "Fuck vegas", he said to himself. He had bigger problems than that. He was seeing things that were not there afterwards, and his Lovecraft obsession was definitely acting up against him.
Last edited by Josealb on Wed May 21, 2008 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed May 21, 2008 7:42 am

Frank was sitting in his car in a cold sweat, "What the hell is going on," he muttered to himself. His vision started to cloud as he sat there. "What the fuck, not my eyes now too," he slurred. When he heard his own voice it sounded off, he was slurring his words. His vision went black and suddenly started working again. He was staring at the chest of a woman in a nurses gown. "Are you ok? You blacked out again," she said. He heard himself speak, but he wasn't saying anything. His vision blurred again, then went black. When he came to he was back in his car in the middle of nowhere, his cell phone was in his hand, and it was ringing.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Harvey on Wed May 21, 2008 8:04 am

"Frank, are you ok?" it was Kelly the not quite girlfriend he would occasionally hook up with but of late had grown a little closer to. "I tried to ring you an hour ago and got your mesage service. I'm here in Barstow at the motel. Did you get the money? Is everythin OK"
Barsotw? Motel? Money? Did he tell her about this, he couldn't remember.
"I'm fine honey, I should be there soon" He hung up and started the car and thought about getting to Kelly at least he knew she was real.
Last edited by Harvey on Wed May 21, 2008 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Wed May 21, 2008 2:25 pm

easing the car into drive he accelerated from the side of the road. "I knew I shouldn't have picked chamomile tea.." he muttered under his breath, "shit trips me the fuck out every time...". He flipped the radio on. A somber country song played soulfully as he passed a roadside banner with the words "they are here" across it in narrow white letters on a black background which he hardly noticed, pushing radio buttons repeatedly until he found a song worthy of listening.
"I'm picking up good vibrations.." now played on the radio. He turned it loud - everyone loves an old beach boys classic. His thoughts turned to Kelly again as the car rolled smoothly down the long highway...
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby nianfong on Wed May 21, 2008 2:43 pm

(he suddenly had a yearning to get a cup of the chamomile tea that kelly drank.... JUST KIDDING)
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Buddy on Wed May 21, 2008 2:58 pm

He and Kelly had come to an uneasy understanding about Jake. But he still thought, "That fucking Jake with his kung fu bullshit. Always carrying on about Tim Cartmell and BJJ." As the light changed, he dropped it down into first and slid in the Clapton cd. You just gots to love the Slow Hand, particularly when he teams up with JJ Cale.

Taking a long slow pull off a warm bottle of Corona Light (is there a bigger redundancy than that?) he leans over to the glove department and reaches in and jacks out a...
Last edited by Buddy on Wed May 21, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buddy
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed May 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Ten years from these events, it is an exciting night for Advance Sergeant Carl Harris. He is packing his suitcase to board the troop carrier that is going to take him to the orbital transit station Alpha-32. Carl always found these moments exciting, breaking the routine of days lived in the grey city of Edmonton. As he folds his clothes and puts them in the black Empirum case, he perceives his senses being enhanced, every single thing around him seeming crystal clear. The artificial light from the tall, slender floor lamp has a focused feel as if everything it touched had an unnamed purpose. As he is closing the suitcase, a sudden memory flashes through his mind. He quietly goes to the kitchen and picks up the chamomile tea box from the left cupboard. "This is for you, Frankie." he mutters as he gingerly places it in his suitcase.
Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Wed May 21, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Buddy on Wed May 21, 2008 4:56 pm

And adds a hunk of C4, an old Baretta nine mil, and a bottle of Mr John Daniels, Jack to his friends.

Edmonton was gray on purpose. After the Time Bandit hit the air was electric and filled with a haze that denied explanation. Only chamomile and ginger were any sort of delay for The Rage. And he was going to make god damn sure as Cindy that Frankie got her share.
Last edited by Buddy on Wed May 21, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buddy
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic