Xing Yi vs. Wing Chun - the unedited version (unreleased)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Xing Yi vs. Wing Chun - the unedited version (unreleased)

Postby Strange on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 pm

or..."ooohh i see you did not move your waist there"
so good, its fappable
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:20 pm

I figure , just commit to the strike and the defense must be truly commited to be effective, no head shots, fine, strike hard to the body, if you dont want to feel that, your defense must be effective, if your D is effective, your counter will be equally effective, there you have full contact sparring, incorporating honest technique.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby pinga on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:35 pm

really awesome flailing from both parties. a decent amateur boxer will light these fools up.
pinga
Santi

Postby vadaga on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:I figure , just commit to the strike and the defense must be truly commited to be effective, no head shots, fine, strike hard to the body, if you dont want to feel that, your defense must be effective, if your D is effective, your counter will be equally effective, there you have full contact sparring, incorporating honest technique.

Sounds like kyokushin...
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby jonathan.bluestein on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:51 am

middleway wrote:
But given this particular example - would any Western teacher admit he is not good on national TV and then follow by allowing younger men of a different martial art to teach him how to get better? Since I don't see this happening with any other teacher in any other country, it might just be that you're expecting too much of them... =\

I don't see this is relevant at all. Maybe i misunderstood the video.

However where would the teacher be looking to admit he isn't good on TV according to you? i didn't see this at all and didn't see the presenters attempting to do this.

You misunderstood my message entirely by not noticing the context and connection to a previous message. I was responding to what JonathanArthur had written - not writing this as my own opinion on the show...

JonathanArthur wrote:None of this would have been an issue if people didn't make such a fuss about what they do. This could have been a 20min intro to a good few hours training working on the issues and faults that arose. Instead everybody backs away all handshakes and smiles. I wonder how many excuses were sounded off following the event?!
jonathan.bluestein
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links