The recent mass shooting and associated topics

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The recent mass shooting and associated topics

Postby Michael on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 am

This article by Prof. James F. Tracy examines some of the problems with the shootings in Newton.

The Sandy Hook School Massacre: Unanswered Questions and Missing Information
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-sandy-hook-school-massacre-unanswered-questions-and-missing-information/5316776

Inconsistencies and anomalies abound when one turns an analytical eye to news of the Newtown school massacre.
Michael

Re: The recent mass shooting and associated topics

Postby yeniseri on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:00 pm

Per the article
■How did the gunman fire so many shots in such little time?

According to Dr. Carver and State Police, Lanza shot each victim between 3 and 11 times during a 5 to 7 minute span. If one is to average this out to 7 bullets per individual—excluding misses—Lanza shot 182 times, or once every two seconds. Yet according to the official story Lanza was the sole assassin and armed with only one weapon. Thus if misses and changing the gun’s 30-shot magazine at least 6 times are added to the equation Lanza must have been averaging about one shot per second—extremely skilled use of a single firearm for a young man with absolutely no military training and who was on the verge of being institutionalized. Still, an accurate rendering of the event is even more difficult to arrive at because the chief medical examiner admittedly has no idea exactly how the children were shot or whether a struggle ensued.

Many of the authors commentary is odd, to say the least so this paragraph jumped out at me!
One does not need any skill to shoot innocent people at point blank range. That is blatantly obvious, I think. To suggest that the ME had no idea how the kids were shot is irrelevant (close range, x weapon, shot x times and thay have all the weapons accounted for!). He was the soul assassin! Again the facts speak to this, or video will show evience to the contrary.
The author creates too many "false no exit question" that I am surpried so many people are falling for them.

Great attempt at obfuscation and misinformation from all sides, even those who claim to clear up the issue(s) ???
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby gimpster on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Like Yeniseri said, it doesn't take much skill to shoot a bunch of kids at point blank range. Nothing mysterious about it. As for the lack of video. I suspect there is video but the authorities aren't about to release any of it to satisfy a bunch of low rent types in politics and the news media who would exploit them for personal gain. It's bad enough the truthers have labeled this a psy-op and people putting up fake charities in the children's names.

You know media has behaved so badly that the parents of the deceased children had have police guarding their homes to protect them from these fuckheads and who have turned their children's funerals into sickening media events. It's really disgusting how low reporters will sink.
gimpster
Anjing

Postby gzregorz on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:04 pm

You don't have to join the military to receive training in firearms. The shooter's mother told their friends that he took up shooting and she was proud of that because she used to be away a lot and wanted to know her son could protect himself.

As I understand it the kids and adults in the first class were huddled together, holding each other
on the ground when he shot those 14 individuals. Then in the next class the teacher told him her kids were in the gym, they were hidden in the closet, 7 panicked then ran out of the closet and were gunned down along with the teacher. Before getting to the classes he also gunned down the principal and teachers who tried to stop him.
Last edited by gzregorz on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:27 am

Gunman kills 3 people, injures 2 in Swiss village

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_SWITZERLAND_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-01-03-06-59-22

GENEVA (AP) -- A man armed with an old military rifle and a handgun shot and killed three women and wounded two men in a southern Swiss village, police said Thursday.

He was unemployed and had been receiving psychiatric care since at least 2005, when he was first admitted to a psychiatric hospital, and was under the care of the cantonal agency that provides services and counseling to the disabled, she said.
Last edited by Michael on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:35 am

He was unemployed and had been receiving psychiatric care since at least 2005, when he was first admitted to a psychiatric hospital, and was under the care of the cantonal agency that provides services and counseling to the disabled, she said.

Aw, that sounds fishy ;) Everyone's armed over there.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 am

Sounds fishy-certainly warrants an investigation by some independent commission
KEND
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Just a nit -
Things SMELL fishy.

Just saying.
roger hao

Postby Michael on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:39 am

At least the guy in Suisse didn't kill himself. Maybe there will be an explanation of some kind.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 am

What was the original point is posting the Swiss incident?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:55 am

Timeliness and similarity to other shootings being discussed regarding the psychiatric angle. Also, I've referred to Switzerland as being a Western country that has a lot of firearms in the hands of citizens, and as far as I know, this is one of the very few instances of a mass shooting in that country.
Michael

Postby Michael on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:05 am

roger hao wrote: Things SMELL fishy.

You can't hear fish? I guess you're just not internal enough. Try the main forum, he posts a lot there.

Can you shave a fish?

Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:19 am

Timeliness and similarity to other shootings being discussed regarding the psychiatric angle. Also, I've referred to Switzerland as being a Western country that has a lot of firearms in the hands of citizens, and as far as I know, this is one of the very few instances of a mass shooting in that country.

Similarity regarding the psychiatric angle? Iinm, you were claiming that there was some sort of conspiracy because these shooters were not incompetent. And, if it's happening in Switzerland, are you arguing that someone or some group is manipulating them in some way? Or, does the fact that such events happen outside the US illustrate that there are nuts outside the US?

Afa the Swiss having a lot of firearms, that's just a bs argument. Male Swiss citizens are required to take their military weapons home because they are almost all members of the Swiss military, not because of any right to bear arms. Ordinary people don't carry weapons in Switzerland. Not only are all guns registered, all bullets are registered and counted. There is a strict limit on the amount of ammunition in a home. Switzerland, as the Swiss say, does not have an army; "Switzerland is an Army."

Re: the choice of subjects, should the numerous accidental deaths caused by firearms get their own thread? Or, are they just anomalies that are exceptions to the rule?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 am

Re: fishy, it's true that it's a mixed metaphor; but, it usually refers to a "fish stories," not to actual fish, as in "You should have seen the one that got away."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:40 am

Not exactly. I said that it doesn't make sense to me that an incompetent person could and would do everything attributed to Lanza, but there are lots of unknowns or unanswered questions. It usually takes a few months to get the answers, by then most people have moved onto the latest news cycle.

The Swiss I know who have weapons, like fully auto H&K's, are regular people and they have to occasionally carry these machine guns back and forth to their military training centers. Since nearly all Swiss males are in or have been in the military, they are regular people.

You can post whatever you want or start your own threads, Steve. If you don't get the connection of a thread titled "recent mass shootings and associated topics" and an article about a mass shooting...in Switzerland...then I don't know what else to say.
Last edited by Michael on Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Next

Return to Off the Topic