Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Extrasensory Situational Awareness

Postby Steve James on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:23 am

Well, the difference between "unconscious perception" and "extrasensory perception." For ex., can we smell, hear, taste and feel when we're asleep? Are our (5) senses ever "Un" conscious? This could lead to the proposition that consciousness is not only equal to sense perception. Iow, there seems to be something that perceives the senses. The question is whether it is limited to perceiving only the senses; and whether we are limited to perceiving the senses we acknowledge.

As I said before, I think the perception of danger or bad intent is largely a matter of experience. One gets into a particular situation and it "doesn't feel right." The difference here, imo, is that it is quite conscious. A guy walks into a store, and you can tell that he's up to no good. It happens. Now, is this feeling always correct? That depends. Does every person who looks shady really a criminal? Is the guy who looks innocuous not a thief? If one is surrounded by people of all types, it's the ability to distinguish real from perceived threats.

Afa training, I think it's like everything else in ma; it's a matter of practicing it under pressure. Otoh, we live in a relatively safe world compared to people who are constantly under threat.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:54 am

Steve,

I prefer the phrase unconscious perception. Quite frankly, I usually feel it as a vibe in my lower abdomen when dealing with people.

Strangely it can work with other issues as well.

In a previous career I had to interact with criminals of a very specific persuasion frequently. Years later I sat down to a Thanksgiving dinner in Beijing when the younger brother of a friend sat down directly in front of me. All of my alarms went off the second he moved into my field of perception.

Later during the dinner it became clear that he belonged to that same criminal practice.

Interesting.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:28 am

Peacedog wrote:
I prefer the phrase unconscious perception. Quite frankly, I usually feel it as a vibe in my lower abdomen when dealing with people.

Agreed...literally. In the presence of any real danger or threat, my lower abdomen suddenly becomes very warm/hot and begins to vibrate. This heat and vibration then immediately spreads throughout my body and my body hairs stand straight up with 'gooseflesh' everywhere. My mind and body are both on high alert and ready to respond with optimal speed and efficiency as needed, without thinking, oftentimes so quickly that I don't even see what happened, but only see the result of my reaction after the fact! 8-)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:52 am

Hot belly qigong could be the next big thing ;)
Michael

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Michael wrote:Hot belly qigong could be the next big thing ;)

Perhaps so. As you probably know, when you're hot, you're hot, and when you're not, you're not! ;)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:47 am

Trust your gut, that's what I say.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:13 am

klonk wrote:Trust your gut, that's what I say.

Right on, man. That's what I've been saying, too, for the past 38 pages of this thread! ;)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

5 Gut Instincts You Shouldn't Ignore

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:25 am

Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 am

. :)

Steve,
sometimes dream is so real, that you may tell that you`re not dreaming only when you`re awaken,
dreaming or not dreaming.THAt`s the question!
MA training has to leads us to >THE reality <,
so,
one day...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:02 am

Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:05 am

Using the above image as a point of reference, it is clear that specifically focused training and reprogramming of the subconscious mind can effectively alter any individual's habitual emotional responses and physical reactions to unexpected emergency scenarios or potentially dangerous situations. Such training and reprogramming can also effectively alter their automatic reactions and spontaneous responses to sudden physical assaults or ambush as well, since such reactions and responses are most often based upon memories of previous personal experiences with such things or upon memories of witnessing the negative experiences of others in similar scenarios in the past, both of which are stored in the long-term memory bank of the subconscious mind.

At the risk of redundancy on this thread, altering the 'default' mental state of the subconscious mind can also effectively alter any individual's general degree of situational awareness, even to a so-called 'extrasensory' level of awareness usually beyond the capability of the average untrained individual. The full spectrum of various methods which address mind control via dedicated concentration and meditation practices, contemplative religious and spiritual practices, as well as a wide variety of mental visualization and affirmation techniques within the realm of psychology, autosuggestion, hypnosis, and so forth, have traditionally been a primary area of study and training within all authentic 'internal martial arts' of every style or system. Most of the old masters attributed as much as 90% of the highest skill levels in these arts to the mental training of the deeper mind, with the goal of allowing the knowledge derived from such training to be expressed as highly effective automatic reactions and spontaneous responses via the remaining 10% of overall skill associated solely with physical techniques and applications. -shrug-

Hence, the saying below.....! 8-)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:42 pm

Doc Stier
Great Old One

Controlling Your Subconscious Mind

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:13 am

If you want to change your life and experience the fullness of life, you must change your programming. To change your programming you must control your subconscious mind so you can alter your old limiting beliefs. To do this you have to take certain steps or follow certain procedures that will guarantee you success if done correctly.

As you know, everything vibrates. Thoughts also vibrate. Thoughts are first established in the conscious mind and analyzed there. Then the thought is passed to the subconscious mind for processing, and to establish and store a belief. Since this is the case, you have the option as to what thoughts go into your conscious and pass through your subconscious. You have the ability to take your old limiting beliefs and replace them with new ones. It simply takes your effort to control what you think or what thoughts you take into your conscious mind. The way to do this would be to take in or absorb new data, data that is conducive to what you need it to be. The data you take in and enter into your conscious mind has to be a new belief that will work in harmony with the universe and vibrate accordingly.

Where can you get this data to replace? It can come from any source you choose. But that source must work in harmony with what you are trying to accomplish. If you read something that has encouraging information or upbuilding data that can help you achieve greatness in your life, obviously this is the data you want to read. Whatever you read, it must not be what you formerly read, or else you are defeating the purpose of reprogramming. The data has to be a new source that is in harmony with what you wish to accomplish in your life. An example would be a book on The Law of Attraction, or a book on meditation, or perhaps a book on how to get what you want in life. It has to be something that is upbuilding and will help you to progress forward to the point where you get what you set out for.

Think of it as being hypnotized and told to act a certain way that is contrary to the way you acted before. When the right command is given, you will respond accordingly. This is the way reprogramming works. You position yourself in a relaxed atmosphere and slowly take in the data you need, for example, through meditation. This will help shut down your conscious mind temporarily and allow your subconscious mind to awaken to be receptive to the information you are about to input into your brain.

Your goal is to allow those upbuilding thoughts to enter into your subconscious mind and let them resonate in there and vibrate to and become a match with the vibrating universe. If everything is in harmony, your new thoughts will be your new beliefs and these beliefs will work for you and not against you. You’ll be able to accomplish more in your life now and in your future, when everything within you works together in harmony and is in perfect alignment with the universe. These changes will not be easy at first. You may still resort back to your old beliefs. But those old beliefs will be replaced with new beliefs if you pick the right beliefs and meditate so as to have those beliefs go right into your subconscious mind immediately.

When you first replace your old beliefs with new beliefs, you will have to monitor your thoughts and what you read on a daily basis so you don’t accidentally remove what you just replaced. You don’t want to reverse the procedure. After a while, you will get into the practice of reading and absorbing only what you need to build yourself up and to work in harmony with your new beliefs. You will only take in what you need to support your new beliefs; this way you won’t be working against your new purpose. Also remember, you must make sure all the thoughts you take in are vibrating to your inner core beliefs. If these new beliefs are in harmony and vibrate to the same frequency as the thoughts you are inputting into your conscious mind, along with the right emotions, and these thoughts go out to the universe, which is also vibrating to the same frequency, you will obtain exactly what it is you thought or wished for.

There is a word of caution here. The subconscious mind can comprehend only what data is fed to it. But this is so important, it is worth repeating again. Therefore, if you think bad thoughts or think about something you don’t want, you will get exactly that because you will feed that data into your subconscious mind, which will in turn process it, and attach or vibrate to that part of the universe where the bad thing or what you don’t want is located, and before you know it, you’ll see it manifested right before your eyes. So be careful as to what you think about, for you may just end up getting what you don’t want.

What you may not realize is that every thought you have that the subconscious processes, things you do or get involved in, that are even unconscious, these things have an effect on what is stored in your subconscious mind. Stuff like watching the news on TV, or reading the newspaper, or watching violent TV shows, or anything else that is negative, all have a role in what goes into your subconscious mind. But if you are aware of this, you can take immediate steps to correct it by not allowing all this negative information to enter your subconscious mind. This is why it is imperative that you focus on just what it is you desire and not what you don’t want. This means you must make sure your subconscious programming is right and works in your favor and not against you. After all, you don’t want to attract what you don’t want, right?

When you take it upon yourself to attract what you want in life, you must first meditate and visualize whatever it is you want as being there in front of you. Picture it there. Visualize yourself holding it. Put emotion into it. Act as if you already own it. By doing this, all these sensations will go into your subconscious mind and will process your request. The next step will be conclusive. Your subconscious will contact the universe through vibration and when it connects to that same vibrating source, there will be a match. At that time, your subconscious mind will be in alignment with the universe and the universe will respond in kind.

When applying the power of the subconscious mind, you must consider this point. It doesn’t matter what your emotional state may be. You must learn to accept whatever thoughts or emotions you may be thinking or experiencing. After you have initially put in your request to the universe, don’t worry about what your present situation is. You are where you are supposed to be. Even if you should have fearful or anxious thoughts come to you, do not resist them. Instead, acknowledge them in your conscious mind. Accept them and you will find they will melt away. It is only through resistance that they will stay and cause you more problems.

At the time you become fully conscious of and can control what you create with your thoughts, and become aware of the power of your subconscious mind to attract what you want, you have mastered your life and will begin to live life the way you were meant to live it, with peace, fulfillment, abundance, and of course, happiness. If you really are serious about changing your life to make it better, you really have to take steps to change your beliefs. This involves subconscious programming. You can make this easy or hard for yourself. There are tools available you can use that will help make it easier to obtain these goals but you must practice them everyday.

The universe is open to you. All you have to do is seek out what you want and ask for it. This all starts with a thought and goes from there.

Excerpts from Controlling Your Subconscious Mind by Psi Tek
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:52 am

Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:48 am