Fatal Exorcism: Photos and Sound

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Fatal Exorcism: Photos and Sound

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat May 24, 2008 5:55 am

lol.

don't disparage the enlightened one boys.

I am talking about what is "phenomenon" from the lankavatara sutra, which is also considered to be the seed of zen.

The illusion is real, for a moment. IN 10,000 years, none of us will remain and our cities will be under the ground and returne dto the earth. "as if they were illusion".

They are there now because our minds manifested them, made them physical through our work and will fall away because we will no longer pay them the heed they require to stay standing.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sat May 24, 2008 6:38 am

RE: Ian/"Slapping is the best policy, pre-exorcism"

Having read Bido's tale, I cannot but agree.

Perhaps this policy should also be extended to all beginners in MA?

Felipe:

Ah well, if you didn't get a good beating at home, presumably you are making up for that with HsingI? I, also, failed to receive good slapping from my old man (which explains why I am the wastrel I am) and MA-wise I do Taiji (and just don't get spanked enough - who would dare?) but now that I am married, I find I am more than making up for lost time in the getting-frequently-schlapped department.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat May 24, 2008 7:02 am

my father would whip me with a belt. my mother used a wooden spoon and my teachers used a strap across our hands.

corporal punsihment was all the rage in my youth.....unfortunately.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Felipe Bidó on Sat May 24, 2008 7:54 am

Andy_S wrote:Felipe:

Ah well, if you didn't get a good beating at home, presumably you are making up for that with HsingI?

Hahaha...I never said I didn't get a good beating. I said that my FATHER never hit me. There have always been mutual respect between the two, and I always agreed with him, so he never had to stress his point.

My mother was the one doing the whippings.

And besides, I live in the DR. We get punched the hell out regularly in the streets, fighting in our teenage years.
“Shut up. Your mouth is like my mother’s vagina; just a hole that disappointments come out of.” - Robert Brockway, Cracked.com
Felipe Bidó
Founder

Postby cerebus on Sat May 24, 2008 8:49 am

Heh, heh. I was raised by my grandparents, so my old Yankee, Northern New England grandfather was the disciplinarian in our household. I wasn't spanked often, but the few times I was, they were memorable... :P That must be why I'm such a well-mannered guy as an adult.... ;D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Sat May 24, 2008 8:52 am

And on the subject of reality vs. illusion, the comment "the illusion is real, for a moment" sounds ridiculous. Everything is "illusion".... and everything is also "real", not just "for a moment", but all the time.....
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Sat May 24, 2008 9:33 am

cerebus wrote:And on the subject of reality vs. illusion, the comment "the illusion is real, for a moment" sounds ridiculous. Everything is "illusion".... and everything is also "real", not just "for a moment", but all the time.....

you will not be here in a while and when you aren't, you are gone, forever. And prior to your existence, you were not known of at all for all of time.

This is how to see the transient and impermanent nature of all things.

we know our world sprang into existence and it will die as well.

we know that matter is in fact energy.

we know that matter changes but energy is seemingly never lost.

all is illusion...for a moment...in time and then it is no more.

there are only four states of being.

moving/not moving/dead/alive
Last edited by Darth Rock&Roll on Sat May 24, 2008 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Sat May 24, 2008 10:29 am

Or in another sense, there is only one state of being....
cerebus
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic