Taiji ChinNa

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Taiji ChinNa

Postby bviru_xin on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Found this clip in youtube. I am wondering anyone knows which Taiji style is this. Google Translate says ' Wang Gong Xuan Tai Chi master performing Song door tread fingers with flower chaos'

Last edited by bviru_xin on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
bviru_xin
Anjing

Re: Taiji ChinNa

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Would love to have a play with this dude
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:26 pm

My guess would be Chen or Zhaobao, given the way he applies the finger twining, the rolling arms and the shoulder.

But whatever style, I really like the way he mixes it up - good combo of grips and strikes. And he gets something every single time he contacts. Excellent play!
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Taijikid on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Taijikid
Anjing

Postby bviru_xin on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:46 am

Andy_S wrote:My guess would be Chen or Zhaobao, given the way he applies the finger twining, the rolling arms and the shoulder.

But whatever style, I really like the way he mixes it up - good combo of grips and strikes. And he gets something every single time he contacts. Excellent play!

Thanks Andy. One of the clips which Taijikid posted is titled ' Song Yun Tai Chi '. Google search says Song Yun-Hua is 11th generation Grandmaster of Zhao Bao Tai Chi.Even found this clip in YT of him demonstarting Zhao Bao Tai Chi.

Last edited by bviru_xin on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
bviru_xin
Anjing

Postby yeniseri on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:59 am

I like how they employ the multi-directional use of space (vectors) as oppose to the usual unilateral straight line of 'normal taijiquan' tuishou! Asi me gusta, mami :D
Great stuff 8-)
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:07 am

I echoed positive vibe - great :) , thx for posting
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby allen2saint on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:32 am

He doesn't stay in the "face front endless push hands" position. He enters at the 45 slightly and twists! Love it.
allen2saint
Wuji

Postby bailewen on Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:30 pm

bviru_xin wrote:Found this clip in youtube. I am wondering anyone knows which Taiji style is this. Google Translate says ' Wang Gong Xuan Tai Chi master performing Song door tread fingers with flower chaos'

...*sigh*...

Oh...Google translate, you can be so cute sometimes. ;)

' Wang Gong Xuan Tai Chi master performing Song door tread fingers with flower chaos' 
(王工宣师父表演宋门太极十指连乱踩花 )

means:

Master Wang Gongxuan performing freestyle Song style small joint qin na.

"tread fingers with flower chaos" is Google's feeble attempt at translating "shi zhi luan cai hua".
"cai hua" means literally, "to pluck flowers" which means figuratively, "qin na". The "luan"/乱" is where Google got "chaos" but in context, means "freestyle".

I take the "shi zhi" (lit: ten fingers") to mean indicate the focus on small joint manipulation.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby bviru_xin on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:14 am

Another clip from the same master -

bviru_xin
Anjing

Postby windwalker on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:35 am

He seems to have a habit of looking away relying on touch to direct his movements.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby onebir on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:59 am

bailewen wrote:The "luan"/乱" is where Google got "chaos" but in context, means "freestyle".

I was wondering about the "lian"/连 & did a bit of Googling. It looks like "luan"/乱" & "lianluan"/连乱 - "linked/continuing random/disorderly" can both convey "freestyle". (With the latter maybe a bit clearer - I think the 连 - "linked" - helps convey the interaction between the participants.)

But the commonest way to express "freestyle" seems to be "ziyou"/自由, which just means "free". (eg 自由游泳, 自由搏击, freestyle swimming and fighting)
Insanity is repeating a nonsensical definition of insanity, and expecting it to eventually make sense.
onebir
Anjing

Postby yeniseri on Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:04 am

Not a matter of which taiji style but of the individual's strong background in qinna/chinnah (however one want to spell/pronounce it ;D ??? that allows for this level of integration and synthesis.
All CMA has it but different individual manifest different training and conditioning strategies. Some are good at box(ing), kick, shuai (throwing) and those qualities are expressed in what is seen.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby vagabond on Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:28 am

And here I really liked the idea of Flower Chaos Fist.

Really competent looking free play
vagabond
Huajing

Postby C.J.W. on Sun May 01, 2016 1:51 am

AFAIK, 亂採花 is a traditional term used by Zhaobao stylists to describe their free-style PH, while "ten finger linking" might be something unique to this lineage.

P.S. In certain contexts, "plucking flower" is also a euphemism for engaging in illicit sexual relations with women, and should be used with caution.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links