BREXIT

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby chud on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:23 am

As an American I am embarrassed that President Obama inserted himself in this matter, and made threats about Britain being put at the "back of the queue".
chud
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:25 am

Steve mentioned the mayor of london,,,,not everyone has the view point that it was a good thing....or do you prefer hearing your own echo...

maybe you do,,, ;)

No I dont think it was a good idea to elect the guy.

That's interesting because your claim was that Muslims (specifically) did not fit in culturally or in terms of a belief system. Yet, if an example is shown of someone who obviously does fit in, and more importantly is thought to fit in enough to represent a community, the argument is that he shouldn't be in that position --in this case because of his religion, or his parents' religion. It reminds me of the argument about John F. Kennedy, the Irish Catholic, (and Obama, too). The difference is that people wouldn't say that now about Kennedy because they'd consider it outright bigotry.

Anyway, it's also interesting that the immigration concerns European immigrants moreso than Muslims. Yeah, the nationalists direct their furious attention at them, but that's been around since the post-WW2 period. Long before entry in a EU (with Germany) was even considered. In the 60s, it was anti-West Indian immigration. This is nothing new or newly created.

Well, maybe it's impossible for someone to become English. However, the opposite is true in "America." I'm American, so I can't speak on English beliefs. Hey, it's not serious. Here's John Oliver, the Brit-turned-Yank, on the subject.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:24 am

A video of an American afraid of Muslims and saying, "You can live like a king for free in England... because they have infrastructure and welfare." I stopped watching the vid at that point because I don't think he has any real knowledge of what he's talking about as far as life in England.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:45 am

From Europeans I talk with it seems that John Oliver summed it up very well. Even in Switzerland supposedly EU citizens are free to come and go and they are not in the EU at least I've been told by a friend who works in the Swiss embassy.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby emptycloud on Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:14 pm

chud wrote:As an American I am embarrassed that President Obama inserted himself in this matter, and made threats about Britain being put at the "back of the queue".

why wouldn't he get involved.. the EU is American foreign policy..

http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/paul-cr ... -end-nato/
emptycloud

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:03 pm

emptycloud wrote:
chud wrote:As an American I am embarrassed that President Obama inserted himself in this matter, and made threats about Britain being put at the "back of the queue".

why wouldn't he get involved.. the EU is American foreign policy..

http://www.thelibertybeacon.com/paul-cr ... -end-nato/

Although I'm sure conspiracy theories abound, the EU was designed as a union between European nations so that countries could resolve their differences instead of going to war and to stand up to the US which historically could bully European countries into accepting US trade agreements.

But the CIA is much sexier.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure a separation will happen at some point, if not now then sooner or later. Like divorces, people usually assume that the grass is greener on the other side.

The funny thing is that I hear the Spanish are sick of all the Brits moving to the Iberian peninsula. Maybe they'll want to break away too so they no longer have to deal with British drunks. ;)
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:19 pm

I grew up in multi-cultural East London alongside kids who were muslim, hindu, west indian, etc, etc. I never once felt that "my culture" was under threat because of them

I, for one, welcome the third incarnation of "RobP"!

And on this Brexit thing - not every leave supporter is a racist. But every racist is voting leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0EAsc-pVKM

10:08 "at this rate the whole parliament will be Muslim."

I find the comments interesting from the posters since they seem counter
to what is commonly shown....

Is what is shown in the video true?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:30 pm

When you plant a seed and it hit you in the face, you usually cannot see the opposite despite the bitch slap ;D
So London is pondering exiting the EU and when comments are made, people act as if this is the first time that such comments are made . Talk to Boris.....I might add but what about the Irish and the UK as they were treated like dogs, or the Scottish wanting to leave the Union (UK) and London trying to keep them in by any means necessary. Has the irony bitch slapped anyone or it does't count when one is in the middle of the alligator pond. Shall the alligators be taken out, one by one, or the pond drained ???
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Patrick on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:40 pm

This is so awesome! Lets make a party. In your face EU.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:49 pm

Some predict an end to the U.K. with Scotland and Northern Ireland leaving to stay in the EU. Also Welsh voted to stay in as well.

Patrick wrote:This is so awesome! Lets make a party. In your face EU.

Congratulations, you Brits are the now the new French.

I'm not surprised though Americans would have done the same and the seeds of the U.S. come from England, for better or worse.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby middleway on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:10 am

Scotland had its referendum and there is no reason to believe they will be given another. Wales will not leave the UK, they have no resource at all to run themselves as an independent country and would require heavy help from England to survive. Shipping to Wales would not be easy if not through England, they have no postal infrastructure, no power base, no gas or water infrastructure owned in wales. It would be almost impossible for them and stupid.

What i really hate is how the remain voters are now calling everyone who voted to leave racists. :( What an intellectually dishonest position :(
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:31 am

Pretty momentous stuff. Personally I was torn and changed my vote at the last minute with the help of my wife who didn't have a vote, but I was only trying to protect my family business and our immediate future (5-10 years).. My heart was out, my head was in.

The people had there say and I'm not surprised at all.. I'm from an immigrant family myself so the whole racist thing is awful, I am and have been a Eurosceptic. So even though this will be tough for our business, we'll handle the challenges.
Last edited by cloudz on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:36 am

windwalker wrote:
I grew up in multi-cultural East London alongside kids who were muslim, hindu, west indian, etc, etc. I never once felt that "my culture" was under threat because of them

I, for one, welcome the third incarnation of "RobP"!

And on this Brexit thing - not every leave supporter is a racist. But every racist is voting leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0EAsc-pVKM

10:08 "at this rate the whole parliament will be Muslim."

I find the comments interesting from the posters since they seem counter
to what is commonly shown....

Is what is shown in the video true?

Well it's easy to select clips, edit them a certain way, present them out of context and pretend there is some kind of civil war going on in Europe. Sure there are some problems, but nothing on the scale that the Britain First types would have us believe. I noticed the clips doesn't include the muslim poppy sellers, the muslim LGTB marches, the muslim charity workers at the UK floods, etc, etc. Or are they all part of the plan too??

Like I said, I heard all the same rhetoric back in the 70s, except then it was "blacks" rather than "muslims"...."the blacks are taking over...." ::)
Last edited by RobP3 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby middleway on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:41 am

What gets me is how the bankers and traders were literally betting on a stay vote, now they are paying the price and we are all being led to believe its the 'economic uncertainty' that has caused the pound to fall.

Happily the FTSE is already rebounding back towards its record high of the last few months gaining 50% back currently, which is over over 500 up on its position 10 days ago. Pound value also looking to rebound. :D
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic