The trump follies

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: The trump follies

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:20 am

windwalker wrote:The "Trump" soon to be sworn in, the next president of the US.
Change agent.

Good, I am looking forward to the impeachment
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:24 am

Michael wrote:I caught the jokes, was trying to make my own about how Trump or Conway would rationalize the two contradictory statements.

Yeah, I know brother I am just countering the future Kelly Anns of the world since urine is germ free. It was a pincer move.

Alex Baldwin's performance was pure gold not golden but gold.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:37 am

willie wrote:
Michael wrote:What kind of comment is that? He's an elected representative and can't be fired. It's important in our political system to have people who can not be fired, sometimes their contrary stance is important. You know, three branches of government, right?

No we do not need bad apples who can not be fired.
That's the problem, they can and should be fired.
If you were working for a company that was created by highly effective people, would
you just say no i'm not going to do my job and then expect not to be fired?
No a contrary stance is not welcome. it causes stagnation and limits the amount of real effectiveness.
Perhaps your jealous that Trump is a highly effective person?

You don't really understand the structure of American democracy, do you?

Trump isn't the boss of the congress. He's the boss of the executive branch. The legislative branch is intentionally designed to be equal to the executive.

Congress is not subordinate. If the country WERE a business, which it is not, and managing a government like a business is a disastrously stupid idea, then the president and congress would be on the same level of the org chart. The people, ostensibly would be above them, but realistically the tail's been wagging the dog for a hot minute.

The people are the ones that "hire" congress by electing them. Just like we "hired" Darth Cheeto
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 am

It is quite strange when Trump supporters who lament neoliberal trade policies claim that the government should be run like a business. That is a big part of why all the "jobs left." Yes, Trump will run the country like a business man. So will the Republicans in Congress. And the little guy will continue to get crushed while the rich get richer. Don't forget, he is one of them.

I just don't understand all this defense of Trump in light of his own words. He has talked about his first-hand experience with Russian prostitutes. Frankly, I hope he is not impeached. I think it would be even worse if Pence took over. There would be no check on the free market cowboys and other conservative social issues.

The only good coming out of this is a potential backlash, the opportunity of which Wind has pointed out. Repeal the ACA, many people die or go broke, then maybe we can actually get a progressive plan without a public option. We have been leagues behind other nations in terms of healthcare for far too long.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:41 am

The no public option is why things are so expensive.

In the article I posted a Pence as president is the writer's worst fear
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:24 am

That is a big part of why all the "jobs left." Yes, Trump will run the country like a business man. So will the Republicans in Congress. And the little guy will continue to get crushed while the rich get richer. Don't forget, he is one of them.

Yes he is one, you would rather have a community organizer running the country,

opps tried that didn’t work out to well…. its time for change.

Many of policies made, made it better to conduct business in other countries, The fiduciary responsibility to the shareholders dictates what the leadership of the companies have to do to run the business, any one who holds “public” stock is a share holder. Many people own stocks the “little” guys that some often talk about. A lot of the "little" guys get hurt when the markets dont do so well.

This will soon be fixed, and the “little” guys will gain in the process,

As for business I see one of the main differences as one of accountability. If one had their IT systems hacked more than once it should mean that those in charge get canned, with new people installed until it doesn't happen again.

As it is no one is held accountable.

this will also change
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:53 pm

You didn't vote. You're no winner. Afa the electoral college, complaints about it existed before this election. I'm just saying that the majority of Americans rejected Trump. Sorry if that bothers you. It won't change.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby willie on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:06 pm

oragami_itto wrote: managing a government like a business is a disastrously stupid idea,

Your not too smart are you?
The country is broke, trillions in debt. Who's going to pay it back? "YOU", for their stupidity.
Last edited by willie on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby aamc on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:18 pm

aamc
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:32 pm

opps [sic] tried that didn’t work out to [sic] well…. its [sic] time for change.

Now look here, I understand that Trump supporters (who apparently didn't even vote for him?) have factophobia, but what exactly do you mean by, it "didn't work out well?" Why don't we look at some of the hard numbers before just taking your gilded hero's word for everything?

By the way, did you guys vote at all? If not, you sure seem to have a strange sense of pride for a woman assaulting, working class crushing, temper tantrum throwing, baby of a man.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:46 pm

“[Trump] won, in my opinion, fair and square, and I’m going to support him as president of the United States,” Brown told host Stuart Varney.

He also said in the interview, “When you win against all odds and you defeat those who are against you — and I was for Hillary so I’m one of those who Mr. Trump defeated — but he is the president-elect of the United States, I’m a citizen. I’m not asking him to do everything. I’m going to pitch in and do some of the things that I can do with the like-minded people that I represent.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/01/ ... president/

I’m going to pitch in and do some of the things that I can do with the like-minded people that I represent

A good and positive approach.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:48 pm

You keep posting things from Breitbart. Is reading puff pieces in your echo chamber how you achieved your "open mind?" ;D

Talk about projection.
Last edited by Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:You keep posting things from Breitbart. Is reading puff pieces in your echo chamber how you achieved your "open mind?" ;D

Talk about projection.

and you keep using talking points. ;)

I do read a couple of different news groups, and then balance what they say against each other.
I find the main stream to be very biased in their reporting. Maybe because you've already made up your mind about the other sources
your not as open as you'd like to think...

yep you should keep talking about projection,,,,instead of policies.
It's a little easier attacking the person instead of the ideas presented.

as far as the "echo" chamber

do you think your self and some of the others here aren't in an echo chamber,
really? ;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:12 pm

The band's refusal to perform reflects more a pro-Springsteen sentiment than anything about Donald Trump. "C'mon, we're a bar band," Forte said last week. "It's got nothing to do with politics whatsoever." https://www.yahoo.com/news/bruce-spring ... 47454.html

Wow, bowing to the left, no moral fiber.
An empty shell of their songs.

“Its got nothing to do with politics whatsoever”

Not even the integrity of their word means anything.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:You keep posting things from Breitbart. Is reading puff pieces in your echo chamber how you achieved your "open mind?" ;D

Talk about projection.

Its not like your going to read this in the main stream news.
Are you saying its not good to read and listen to other view points?

A coalition of black pastors is unveiling its national agenda and addressing what it calls “the current sabotage that is inspiring civil unrest against the new president.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... est-trump/

Is this another "puff" piece or is it news.

Owens observes he would like Rev. Sharpton to “consider discussing the disastrous policies his office has sometimes promoted–policies that serve to entrap blacks and minorities in a cycle of dependency and require their allegiance to a party and system that does not serve their interests.”

sounds like free thinkers starting to wake up....
windwalker
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That