Specific Personal IMA Milestones and Goals

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Specific Personal IMA Milestones and Goals

Postby bruised on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:06 am

don't get caught up in formal semantics.

Now doesn't care about before or after.

exactly.. so why mention my before or after?

bet you a beer that you do tweak somewhere in your life. we all do.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby bruised on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:21 am

also, you could try to participate with some integrity. what are you really working on?

my reply was in respect, and is why i choose to put my time, and thoughtfulness into it.

there is a possibility we can be friendly with each other. right now, who is in control of that?
bruised
Mingjing

Postby BruceP on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:29 am

bruised wrote:don't get caught up in formal semantics.

Now doesn't care about before or after.

exactly.. so why mention my before or after?

bet you a beer that you do tweak somewhere in your life. we all do.

Formal semantics? Like, "proper training and time spent"? That's a big monkey if before and after are the measure one's ima evolution.

Figuring out what constitutes proper training is determined by the amount of time a person can afford to spend on it. Personal budgets vary. The great thing about learning to fight is that people already know how to fight. They do it every day. How they do it is theirs, and proper training is the economy of that idea.

If something works, what's to tweak?
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:10 pm

I can feel a blockage where my shoulder is hurt. It would be good to have it "open" but the tissues are messed up. Same with my gallbladder (removed) area.

Aside from health, having "rooting" would be interesting and useful in contact sports and general life (the biggest accident risk to elderly people is falling NOT fighting, which isn't really a very necessary skill in the scheme of defense of your health and well being big picture).
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby bruised on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:05 pm

this is what i worked on today:
i should explain my meditation a little bit. its the stuff that looks like break dancing to you guys. its my state of shen ming. I'm not really conscious of my movements here. I"m inside my body. this is what traveling the nei jing tu looks like in me. I'm just trying my best to feel a certain part of my body. to understand. i then do tiny little adjustments to isolate a certain joint. then i do tiny movements to the joint to where its most comfortable (least tension). when the joint can relax in this manner, the joint will move on its own into the "correct" position. this is a technique to open your meridians.

*removed*

peace be with me

major right channel work being done (video is mirrored fyi)

intro
2:00-4;30 strikes
meditation,
20:00 bone setting
29:00 breath training
33:00 SANCHIN Type training, grounding, grip training
34:00 power display
35:00 head chamber unlocked, than more, than explore chambers
Last edited by bruised on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby everything on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:56 pm

I think the dance like elaborate outward appearance of your qigong is distracting people even though a lot of people do these standing sets that are like a yoga set, so it shouldn't be.

Putting the joint in the correct position so energy can flow which helps encourage the position makes perfect postural sense.

However, maybe you'd like to share your intuition on only one joint at a time? It's hard to follow you when you are doing every joint even though it's easy to follow the idea you are just listening to the "inside".

Basically if you want us to discuss some aspect it's easier if you want to discuss one small thing. If you just want to vlog your whole routine, that's ok but we might not have comments.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby MaartenSFS on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:16 am

I only read page one, but "bruised" needs to put on some gloves and spar. And stop posting until then...

And don't tell your opponent any of your... er... thoughts beforehand. Keep those to yourself for your own safety..
Last edited by MaartenSFS on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:08 am

I think he may have said he's not working on "fighting" (whatever that is) or sparring at the moment, but will want to.

Working on neidan, qigong, health, etc. first is what everyone should do, even if everyone else on RSF mainly wants to start punching each other (nothing really wrong with that, but it's a different thing to do, especially easier when you're young and take health for granted). OP mentioned he started all this work when he was having health issues. "Defense" of self (health) is 1000x more important than "self defense" through "fighting". If you're not very healthy, "fighting" is an even dumber activity. You're risking getting even less healthy ... for what?
everything
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:50 am

I watched that video about an hour after it was posted and then it went Private next time I checked. It started off with a smoke show that 'fuels' what happens next. Tweaking and the like...
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:33 am

everything wrote:I think he may have said he's not working on "fighting" (whatever that is) or sparring at the moment, but will want to.

Working on neidan, qigong, health, etc. first is what everyone should do, even if everyone else on RSF mainly wants to start punching each other (nothing really wrong with that, but it's a different thing to do, especially easier when you're young and take health for granted). OP mentioned he started all this work when he was having health issues. "Defense" of self (health) is 1000x more important than "self defense" through "fighting". If you're not very healthy, "fighting" is an even dumber activity. You're risking getting even less healthy ... for what?

CMA is not only trained by sick, old, unhealthy, weak, sad, ..., it also trained by healthy, young, strong, happy, ... as well.

You have ignored one of the most important reasons for CMA training and that's "fun". Why do you want to play

- chess with opponent,
- tennis with partner,
- card with your friends?

You want to have interaction with other human being. You don't want to isolate yourself from the society. When your opponent tries to

- take you down,
- punch on your head,
- kick on you belly,

and he can't, that kind of fun will keep you smile in your dream for many nights. Even money won't be able to buy you that much "FUN".
Last edited by johnwang on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:41 am

There are difference between "fighting" and "testing your skill". If you let your opponent to take you down and you just play defense, it will be very safe and very good for your health.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:54 am

Why should health practices be subject to any less rigour or critique than fighting practices? In fact I'd argue that they should be subject to more. It's easy to test fighting skills but it seems anyone can do some "unusual" movements around and claim anything they like for it
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:58 am

johnwang wrote:
everything wrote:I think he may have said he's not working on "fighting" (whatever that is) or sparring at the moment, but will want to.

CMA is not only trained by sick, old, unhealthy, weak, sad, ..., it also trained by healthy, young, strong, happy, ... as well.

You have ignored one of the most important reasons for CMA training and that's "fun". Why do you want to play

- chess with opponent,
- tennis with partner,
- card with your friends?

You want to have interaction with other human being. You don't want to isolate yourself from the society. When your opponent tries to

- take you down,
- punch on your head,
- kick on you belly,

and he can't, that kind of fun will keep you smile in your dream for many nights. Even money won't be able to buy you that much "FUN".

Completely agree. Personally I think training for "fighting" should be done mainly for FUN. (because the list of assumptions for "fighting" gets too long - are there weapons, multiple attackers, etc., etc. unless we are talking about sport which is again about FUN).
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:02 am

RobP3 wrote:Why should health practices be subject to any less rigour or critique than fighting practices? In fact I'd argue that they should be subject to more. It's easy to test fighting skills but it seems anyone can do some "unusual" movements around and claim anything they like for it

Completely agree with this question and statement as well. I'm not the OP so I'm not 100% sure what he's saying but he seems to be claiming he was doing "unusual" movements because they were reflecting his listening to his internal processes. Whether that is not rigorous or should be criticized: I really don't know. I only work on "sink qi to dantian" and "microcosmic orbit" because it's talked about for taijiquan. I don't know anything about medical qigong or TCM (but would love to), but those things should be subject to rigourous standards. The doctor cannot feel what you feel on the inside, but that is surely part of the data for the doctor to analyze.
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:04 am

johnwang wrote:There are difference between "fighting" and "testing your skill". If you let your opponent to take you down and you just play defense, it will be very safe and very good for your health.

This is why the thread starter should do some "rooting" or other tests imho. I just don't think we should go so far as to say "don't post here unless you want to post videos of you punching and kicking and throwing each other" (which are always very interesting videos, though).
everything
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan