Political Humor Only Please

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Political Humor Only Please

Postby grzegorz on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 am

Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Master Ken and How to punch a Nazi (actual political humor)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSExpmrDogU
Michael

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:44 pm

Michael

Postby grzegorz on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:10 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:52 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:52 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:18 am

By making a petty political statement in the middle of a crisis whose meetings she failed to attend, this lady is the joke. Maybe she sees the people without supplies as deplorables.

Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:59 am

What was her petty comment?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 am

OK, she was criticized first after complaining about the administration saying that (after two weeks with 90% loss of power, water and gas) PR was a "good news story." Everyone said that the hurricane destroyed the infrastructure (roads and communication) necessary to get supplies to those who needed it or even find out who needed it.

She was criticized because she said that people were dying. That might have been an exaggeration, but it was a result of frustration because she was concerned. But, exaggeration and pettiness are both standard operating procedure for this administration.

What's certainly petty is for the prez to talk about someone's petting so. He has bigger fish to fry, and a kind of important job. Rather than complaining about the mayor of a city on an island that is 100 miles by 35 miles, he could get us out of these wars. However, it is a nice distraction.

I just love how during the campaign he said that he only he knew the solutions, and that everyone was incompetent. That included the generals. Now, he says they're failures because they haven't come up with a plan for Afghanistan.

Jokes?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:25 pm

I thought the message on the T-shirt was a petty way to make a statement in the middle of something unrelated and more important.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:04 pm

I thought the message on the T-shirt was a petty way to make a statement in the middle of something unrelated and more important.

The message was the name Trump called her because of her criticisms. He wasn't there, and he called her a "bad leader." He said that the people of PR needed to do more to "help themselves." He also told them that they'd messed up the US budget.

There are still places in PR that have not received aid: Day 19. So, she can be as petty as she wants, imo. She is an American, after all.

It's still ironic to criticize her for pettiness given that it's the leader of the free world doing it. I.e., who's being "small." He's the pettiest politician I can recall. Shucks, it was apparent during the campaign. Remember "little Marco" and his comments about Fiorina's "face," oh, and how he liked "people who didn't get captured" when referring to McCain.

Anyway, when people (specifically males) give names to women who are trying to achieve, those women often end up owning them. If you see a woman sporting a tee shirt with "I'm a mean, evil, bitch," it's because some man called her one. And, almost always, some men will complain. It's the same with almost all epithets that are appropriated by the people they're thrown at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-veNrK-RUw
Last edited by Steve James on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Pettiest politician I can recall. That is political humor ;)
Michael

Postby klonk on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Okay, I have family from there, so I am not neutral.

But I think Trump is on target, though he stepped on some toes.

This is the Rum Soaked Fist. If you needed a swallow of rum, would you want it from Cuba, Barbados or Puerto Rico?

If you wanted a cigar, would you like Dominican, Cuban, or Puerto Rican?

It is time Puerto Rican men stood on their own three legs.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Um, you're not talking about the hurricane. Your family didn't help with the recovery? That is what Trump was talking about. If you're saying that Puerto Rican men are lazy, I'm not sure how that relates to rum or cigars. PR is just a tax haven tourist trap for US interests.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:28 am

grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That