Wim Hof Method

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Wim Hof Method

Postby Peacedog on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:43 am

If you go to foundmyfitness.com and sign up for a free account you can access their research reports on sauna and cryotherapy use.

The reports are essentially mini-research papers with documentation links put together by a PhD.

These detail the better research and effects from both cold and heat exposure.

They are a pretty interesting read and will save you a lot of time cruising around PubMed and the like.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby MistyMonkeyMethod on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:50 am

Thanks Peacedog! Much appreciated!
“Make everything in you an ear, each atom of your being, and you will hear at every moment what the Source is whispering to you, just to you and for you, without any need for my words or anyone else’s.”— Rumi
MistyMonkeyMethod
Mingjing

Postby Spncr on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:40 pm

I have some experience with systema and pranayama/swara etc. breathing practices, and recently got a chance to do a brief seminar with wim hoff. I found it quite insightful and have being doing the WHM breathing and some cold exposure almost daily for the last 7 months now and feel it is very beneficial.

IMO some basic WHM can be a very good thing, I'd say especially so if you don't have any access to another quality breathing or cold exposure method, and if you want you can even play with it a little more recreationally...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default. ... ts&t=74447

...at you own risk of course. ;)
Spncr
Huajing

Postby MistyMonkeyMethod on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:04 am

Interesting, thanks for sharing!
“Make everything in you an ear, each atom of your being, and you will hear at every moment what the Source is whispering to you, just to you and for you, without any need for my words or anyone else’s.”— Rumi
MistyMonkeyMethod
Mingjing

Previous

Return to Off the Topic