Antifa hoaxed with banner outside Columbia Univ. protest

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Antifa pro-pedo sign at Columbia Univ. protest

Postby origami_itto on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:40 pm

Why do you find antifa so personally threatening?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:21 pm

oragami_itto wrote:Why do you find antifa so personally threatening?

Why do you think you deserve a response when you have said you have no intention in actually engaging in conversation, but still ask loaded questions?
Michael

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:24 pm

warriorprincess wrote:Hi Michael, no elaboration required on my side, I just wanted clarification of your statement that antifa were "against pedo-bashing". You hadn't (then) said you were against any bashing so it implied you might be for pedo bashing.

WP, I'm glad to see that you agree with me on the main point of this thread, that making a statement about a controversial or illegal topic raises questions that should be answered and that those who ask the obvious questions about those implications are not the ones who need to explain themselves.
Michael

Postby origami_itto on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:20 am

Michael wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:Why do you find antifa so personally threatening?

Why do you think you deserve a response when you have said you have no intention in actually engaging in conversation, but still ask loaded questions?

Try to change my mind by engaging in reasoned dialog.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:47 am

Then don't ask lame-ass leading questions thinking you've found the weak point in my argument before we've even begun to talk.
Michael

Postby RobP3 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:05 am

Michael wrote:
warriorprincess wrote:Hi Michael, no elaboration required on my side, I just wanted clarification of your statement that antifa were "against pedo-bashing". You hadn't (then) said you were against any bashing so it implied you might be for pedo bashing.

WP, I'm glad to see that you agree with me on the main point of this thread, that making a statement about a controversial or illegal topic raises questions that should be answered and that those who ask the obvious questions about those implications are not the ones who need to explain themselves.

But they didn't make a statement. Someone asked someone to hold a sign and then took a quick pic before they realised what it said. If I put a sticker on your back saying "I Hate Vegans" do you have to explain yourself beyond the fact that someone put a sticker on your back?
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:30 am

Your kick me sign analogy does not fit a political movement whose ideology is that you should punch Nazis before they speak and everyone else is a Nazi. You can't talk about harmless Vegan signs when one of the Antifa members was inside the venue making death threats to the invited speaker. Although they can deny that too because they wear black ninja masks. Yeah, we should defend black-clad, masked hooded hooligans to the very end as they threaten, intimidate and beat people exercising their first amendment rights.

Antifa refuses to take responsibility for the violence it commits and inspires. The left refuses to disavow Antifa. They are not passive and since they will not at least take responsibility for all their illegal behavior, they are at least politically obligated to explain the content of the 3 meter long banner they held up for an extended period of time.

You said quick pic. Definitely not, at least not in my opinion. Longest video I've seen shows 15 seconds of that three-person banner and I haven't seen any video showing when they were initially handed it, so as far as I know it's unknown and unproven who gave it to them.

How's 15 seconds for you? Would it take you that long to realize you were holding a sign that said no pedo-bashing?
Michael

Postby RobP3 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:16 am

Michael wrote:Your kick me sign analogy does not fit a political movement whose ideology is that you should punch Nazis before they speak and....

All of which is irrelevant to the point in question

[quote="Michael"] Definitely not, at least not in my opinion. Longest video I've seen shows 15 seconds of that three-person banner and I haven't seen any video showing when they were initially handed it, so as far as I know it's unknown and unproven who gave it to them.

How's 15 seconds for you? Would it take you that long to realize you were holding a sign that said no pedo-bashing [quote="Michael"]

Have you ever been on any type of march or demonstration? All sorts of things can happen / be manipulated. It only takes one second to press a button. I see three people holding it, one masked. One looks at the sign as the video cuts. I've experienced similar before. Meanwhile, here's some feminists demanding women do ironing

"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:54 am

RobP3 wrote:Have you ever been on any type of march or demonstration? All sorts of things can happen / be manipulated. It only takes one second to press a button. I see three people holding it, one masked. One looks at the sign as the video cuts. I've experienced similar before. Meanwhile, here's some feminists demanding women do ironing

lets see if its a "feminists" or woman holding the sign.

Women And Golf: Ten Years Later

In 2003 Martha Burke and her rug munching feminist group camped outside of Augusta National during the Masters to protest the fact that women were not yet allowed to be members of the all-male club.

Hi Martha…..Iron My Shirt!!!!In 2003 Martha Burke and her rug munching feminist group camped outside of Augusta National during the Masters to protest the fact that women were not yet allowed to be members of the all-male club. Hi Martha…..Iron My Shirt!!!!

windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:57 am

Michael wrote:Then don't ask lame-ass leading questions thinking you've found the weak point in my argument before we've even begun to talk.

Just address the point, why are you so afraid of antifa?
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:43 am

windwalker wrote:
RobP3 wrote:Have you ever been on any type of march or demonstration? All sorts of things can happen / be manipulated. It only takes one second to press a button. I see three people holding it, one masked. One looks at the sign as the video cuts. I've experienced similar before. Meanwhile, here's some feminists demanding women do ironing

lets see if its a "feminists" or woman holding the sign.

Women And Golf: Ten Years Later

In 2003 Martha Burke and her rug munching feminist group camped outside of Augusta National during the Masters to protest the fact that women were not yet allowed to be members of the all-male club.

Hi Martha…..Iron My Shirt!!!!In 2003 Martha Burke and her rug munching feminist group camped outside of Augusta National during the Masters to protest the fact that women were not yet allowed to be members of the all-male club. Hi Martha…..Iron My Shirt!!!!

That is exactly the point that Rob is making, and the reason why the title of this thread is forwarding a blatantly false narrative. The sign was not and Antifa sign. Period. That's it. Case closed.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 am

oragami_itto wrote:
Michael wrote:Then don't ask lame-ass leading questions thinking you've found the weak point in my argument before we've even begun to talk.

Just address the point, why are you so afraid of antifa?

Get your cerebral fluid changed brah, it's been 3000 mouse clicks.
Michael

Postby Michael on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:52 am

All right, there's a consensus here and I've also seen a consensus in a variety of media that it was not an Antifa sign. I'll change the thread title.
Michael

Re: Antifa hoaxed with banner outside Columbia Univ. protest

Postby Steve James on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 am

Michael, the more important point is that the purpose of the hoax was to stoke your anger and outrage, and to reinforce the hoaxers' position on other issues. Antifa is just a hook. You aren't to blame. You were just used as a conduit, not a source. My suggestion is to be suspicious of your source. Watch the reaction there.
Congrats for changing the title to reflect what happened.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: Antifa hoaxed with banner outside Columbia Univ. protest

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 am

With sincerity, kudos for the title correction.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic