up right vs braced

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

up right vs braced

Postby windwalker on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Not a fan of push hands

14:05

The caption reads upright vs bracing showing a difference
is there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4l7RRZEaKQ
windwalker
Wuji

Re: up right vs braced

Postby windwalker on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Tom wrote:The caption at 14:05 just reads "Upright v. Braced." It doesn't say anything about showing a difference. But in other scenarios included in that clip, Scott is clearly bracing with his rear leg. His point, I think, is that he provokes similar reactions in his push-hands opponent whether he is "braced" with the rear leg back or standing more upright with both feet parallel.

You should have played with Scott a couple of years ago when he was down in the Bay Area. He was interested in meeting up with you after having been to see Zhang Yongliang in Beijing in 2007 and spoken with Da Wong.

The people I've trained who've met with Scott and did push with him noted what I felt in watching his clips...
If he was interested in meeting up with me he could have. As I mentioned not into the push hands thing although its a
good tool for learning certain skill sets depending on how its taught and used.

The clip just happened to catch my attention "Upright vs Braced" as the caption mentioned I took it was to illustrate the differences which as
you've mentioned there were none. Hard to say what his point was considering he didn't say it, nor allude to it.
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Return to Video Links