Peaky Blinders

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Peaky Blinders

Postby KEND on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:48 am

This may have come up before, if so please excuse me. While in the UK I caught up with a couple of episodes from the latest season[4th series]--brilliant
Here's a rundown from Wiki
Peaky Blinders is a British television crime drama based upon the exploits of the Peaky Blinders gang, and is set in Birmingham, England in the aftermath of World War I. The series, created by Steven Knight and produced by Caryn Mandabach Productions and Tiger Aspect Productions, centres on stars Cillian Murphy as Tommy Shelby, the gang's leader, and Sam Neill as Chester Campbell, a commissioned detective tasked with suppressing the gang.[1]
The first series aired on BBC Two on 13 September 2013 and ran for six episodes. The second series premiered on 2 October 2014. The third series premiered on 5 May 2016. On 26 May 2016, the BBC announced they had ordered a fourth and fifth series of the show.[2][3] The fourth series premiered on 15 November 2017; after the series finale broadcast on 20 December 2017, it was announced that series 5 will be shown in 2019.[4]
KEND
Great Old One

Re: Peaky Blinders

Postby Steve James on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:55 am

Great gangsters show. Loved Tom Hardy.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:38 pm

It follows a great British tradition of spending the money on good writing and great acting.

Currently...on a television show yet, we have Cillian Murphy, Aidan GIllan, Tom Hardy and Adrien Brody...Sam Neil was in the first couple seasons. Great show. Love it.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:26 pm

The BBC made a History series anout the Peay Blinders
The Real Peaky Blinders
The BBC's popular drama "Peaky Blinders" paints a picture of the notorious gangs in Birmingham following World War One.

Story of real Peaky Blinders continued: How Birmingham gang fought on Britain’s racecourses
The real Peaky Blinders fought pitched battles on Britain's racecourses for control of the riches of on-course betting between the

The History of Peaky Blinders - Communists, IRA, 1920's Gangs, The Italian Mafia and More!
The Peaky Blinders is a BBC Historical Drama series semi-based on a gang of the same name active on Birmingham's racecourses
KEND
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:07 am

My favorite show right now.

Glad to hear others like it too. I don't think anyone else I know watches it.

I also enjoyed Godless which I just finished.

As a history nut these period pieces usually capture my imagination.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:20 am

SEASON 4!!!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic