Meet the Women Worried About #MeToo

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Meet the Women Worried About #MeToo

Postby klonk on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:33 pm

What goes around...

Kyle Smith wrote:
A male backlash against #MeToo is brewing

Men are scared, and feminists are delighted. But the urge to call out and punish male sexual transgression is bound to clash with an inescapable truth: We’re all in this together, men and women.

Consider what’s happening in the capital of Florida. Female staffers and lobbyists have found “many male legislators will no longer meet with them privately,” reported The Miami Herald. “I had a senator say, ‘I need my aide here in the room because I need a chaperone,’ ” lobbyist Jennifer Green told the paper.

Would you like to know more? https://nypost.com/2018/02/03/a-male-ba ... s-brewing/
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Well, I have no clue what a male backlash would look like. But, afa chaperones, I think that keeping a door open when meeting with a woman on a professional basis is old-fashioned. I always kept my office door open when meeting with students. Back in the day, it was called being a gentleman.

I wouldn't trust my daughter alone in a room with any of these guys, especially those who are complaining. Besides, I would think that rather than a backlash, gentlemen and fathers would be happy. Those whose daughters and wives have been assaulted or harassed usually feel like the father at Nassar's trial.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:39 am

Steve James wrote:Well, I have no clue what a male backlash would look like. But, afa chaperones, I think that keeping a door open when meeting with a woman on a professional basis is old-fashioned. I always kept my office door open when meeting with students. Back in the day, it was called being a gentleman.

I wouldn't trust my daughter alone in a room with any of these guys, especially those who are complaining. Besides, I would think that rather than a backlash, gentlemen and fathers would be happy. Those whose daughters and wives have been assaulted or harassed usually feel like the father at Nassar's trial.

Same here, I'm not scared and don't know anyone who is. If people have concerns they are easily solved as outlined above. The police here are reviewing how they handle sexual assault cases, from all angles. There are also moves to stop having dolly birds draped over darts players and the like, which has provoked a reaction from the "PC gone mad" brigade.
Last edited by RobP3 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 am

There are also moves to stop having dolly birds draped over darts players and the like, which has provoked a reaction from the "PC gone mad" brigade.

British to American English translation please.

Rob, there was recently an article about some serious sexual harassment in Vice.com where, if I remember correctly, a VP or upper mgmt. woman basically poo-pooed the complaints of a female staffer made against a more senior male. Although this is what I'd call the entertainment industry and somewhat exceptional to the norm, it supports what you were saying earlier about expectation or acceptance of sexual harassment in the work place.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/23/busi ... sment.html

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... ub-culture
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:11 am

Yeah, people in the entertainment industry aren't like normal people, unless they become politicians.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:02 am

One of the few things Rod Serling never predicted.
Michael

Postby klonk on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:19 am

Ryan Seacrest: What Happened After I Was Wrongly Accused of Harassment (Guest Column)

Would you like to know more? https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... mn-1081933
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:09 am

Yeah, I read that earlier today. He made a fairly gentle rebuke.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:16 pm

I haven't followed the thread but my personal view is that nothing has really changed except that the younger generation of women are less likely to tolerate would older generations were willing to tolerate.

I find the same with men too. Being that I work union jobs, (very deliberately) because we pull people out of poverty, stand up to cooperations and set the standard for wages, I have found that the next generation doesn't tolerate abuse from above the way my generation does. Of course, we like to poke fun at the young but then again so did the Greeks and Romans.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:48 pm

Well, if they know that she's married, any approach at engagement, illustrates what they are.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:26 pm

Steve James wrote:Well, if they know that she's married, any approach at engagement, illustrates what they are.

True that. I took down the post because it had a lot of personal information which wasn't my own.

The fact that men like Porter can get far in his career despite how he treats women speaks volumes and a male backlash says more about those men than about women.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:18 am

Steve Bannon calls this an assault on the patriarchy. Yep, when only two ex-wives claim being battered, who are you going to believe? And the prez thinks he's such a good guy that he doesn't need a permanent security clearance. Actually, that doesn't matter. The prez doesn't read those long intelligence briefings he has to read, um, listen to, every day. Porter probably read them and translated them into a more comprehensible format. Daily News or National Inquire style perhaps. Then the prez could listen while riding in the golf cart.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:36 am

“Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation,” Trump wrote. “Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?”

Would you like to know more? https://apnews.com/93af1798df9e4000963c ... troy-lives
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:05 am

Too bad he never mentions the female people whose lives are ruined. Anyway, neither accusations nor pussy grabbing have ruined his life. I have no respect for men who beat or manhandle their wives. So, I don't defend them.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 am

Due process is also a legal principle. I haven't heard that the pedophiles and domestic abusers Trump defends have even been charged. If we jailed them without a trial, then we could talk about a lack of due process.

People complain about the loss of manhood. Sheesh.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic