RAT

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: RAT

Postby klonk on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:38 am

Euclid wrote:Things equal to the same things are equal to each other.

Confucius wrote: To begin clear thought give things their right names.
Last edited by klonk on Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:38 am

The stock market is doing great; but, I've lost money for the first time in 10 years. I guess it had to happen.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:59 am

"If you can conquer your fear you can conquer death."

- Alexander the Great
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:35 am

grzegorz wrote:"If you can conquer your fear you can conquer death."

I concur.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue May 08, 2018 12:13 pm

Re: death. So, John McCain writes that he doesn't want the current president to attend his funeral. Frankly, he'd likely barf in his coffin if the president called him an American hero --which he is. But, then Senator Orrin Hatch said that he thought it was (i.e. McCain would be) ridiculous not invite the prez. Hmm, doesn't a dying man deserve his last wishes? Wow, ya gotta be loyal (or an ass-licker) even in death.

Okay, Hatch just apologized for the comment: ‘I shouldn’t have said anything,’ he says. Hmm, meaning he meant it, he just regrets having said it. Noice.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed May 23, 2018 4:40 am

Everybody should just start always picking the 'Other' box when asked what "race" they are. I think I'm gonna start doing this myself from now on. Fight the idiocracy!! (By making mockery of it)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed May 23, 2018 7:06 am

[quote="Dmitri"]Everybody should just start always picking the 'Other' box when asked what "race" they are. I think I'm gonna start doing this myself from now on. Fight the idiocracy!! (By making mockery of it)[/quote}

We're always "others", but nobody has ever cared about "others." You can't discriminate for or against others; they can't be considered more or less likely to commit crimes, or more or less successful in school. There's no way to predict what an other will or won't do. In the US, it's a useless category.

In fact, the category "other" consistently does better on all standardized tests than members of any other categorized group. I worked at the company (ETS) that produced those tests. When I asked why all other groups were not measured against the "other" standard, the director of statistics told me directly "Nobody cares about "Others." He wasn't being mean; he was stating the fact.

Afa applications and "race," you know me. There's no such thing; but, rather than argue the point, we can agree that it shouldn't matter. But, neither should sex or any other human characteristic. Um, but then we get back to the same fundamental issue. My personal solution is to answer the question "What should I not be allowed to do because of who I am?" Surprisingly, I think everyone comes up with the same answer for himself or herself.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed May 23, 2018 7:24 am

History isn't a circle or a spiral. It's a boomerang.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Fri May 25, 2018 3:03 am

elliptical, ?

hmm,
hardcore, lot changin` statement 8-)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue May 29, 2018 12:36 pm

"...his code was like Faberge Eggs -- shiny, intricate, and impossible to comprehend"
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu May 31, 2018 5:40 pm

May 24: Thirty-year-old man evicted by parents: 'I'm not a crazy person'

May 24: Michael Rotondo, 30-year-old New York man being evicted by his parents, explains why he has no job

May 23: Judge rules 30-year-old must move out of his parents' house

Rotondo credits Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist behind the website InfoWars, for making the move possible. Jones gave Rotondo $3,000 when he appeared on Jones' show last week.

Rotondo, who claims to run a revenue-generating business, still would not explain what that venture entails. He said he'll likely move in with his cousin, who he did not name, after his sojourn in the Airbnb.

The attention his case received has been "a little burdensome" because of all the phone calls, he explained.

"I think it's really unfair that I'm not going to get enough time to really prepare a good move," he said.

As for his parents, Rotondo claims he'll never talk to them again.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:17 am

We always "walk the path" we're meant to walk. One could be on a bad (dangerous, etc.) path, but one can never be on the wrong path.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:08 am

It's funny. One person will say the problem in NYC is the bicycles. Another will say the problem is the cars; and, another will say that it's the pedestrians. Tsk, tsk, tsk. They're all right. :)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:36 am

Where's Melania?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:38 am

Trump pardoned Scooter Libby. Amazing.

If he's on a pardoning bender and ready to sign for controversial classified material leakers, do you think if I could squeeze into something lowcut and tight, per Samantha Bee's suggestion to the feckless see word, do you think I could get him to pardon Edward Snowden?
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That