US Consulate in Guangzhou Issues Warning Similar to Cuba's

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

US Consulate in Guangzhou Issues Warning Similar to Cuba's

Postby Michael on Wed May 23, 2018 4:50 am

As you may know, last year several staff in the US consulate in Havana complained of serious symptoms relating to localized, auditory phenomenon that gave them headaches, hearing loss and other symptoms. Sometimes the sensation only occurred while in bed, so if they moved to another part of the room, it went away.

Mystery of sonic weapon attacks at US embassy in Cuba deepens

The US Consulate in Guangzhou just issued a similar warning based on one staff's report of similar symptoms. The warning was published in their Wechat Moments, China's biggest social media app, as well as the State Dept. web site.

Event: A U.S. government employee in China recently reported subtle and vague, but abnormal, sensations of sound and pressure. The U.S. government is taking these reports seriously and has informed its official staff in China of this event. We do not currently know what caused the reported symptoms and we are not aware of any similar situations in China, either inside or outside of the diplomatic community.

Action to Take:
If you have concerns about any symptoms or medical problems that developed during or after a stay in China, consult a medical professional.
While in China, if you experience any unusual acute auditory or sensory phenomena accompanied by unusual sounds or piercing noises, do not attempt to locate their source. Instead, move to a location where the sounds are not present.

Assistance:
U.S. Consulate Guangzhou
Tel: 020-3814 5775 or 011-86-20-3814 5775 if you are calling from the U.S.
Email: [email protected]
State Department- Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-201-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates

Gizmodo also carrying the warning.
Last edited by Michael on Wed May 23, 2018 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Re: US Consulate in Guangzhou Issues Warning Similar to Cuba's

Postby Trick on Wed May 23, 2018 5:50 am

The Hum? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum Heard it back when living in Sweden, very annoying when trying to get to sleep. A city thing I guess. Hear it sometimes here in China too, but that's the neighbors AC working. What's also can be annoying is when someone burn off fire crackers in the neighborhood early Sunday mornings.
Trick

Postby Michael on Wed May 23, 2018 7:50 am

US diplomats and staff were diagnosed with concussions and other serious injuries, so probably not your run of the mill city hum.
Michael

Postby Trick on Wed May 23, 2018 8:12 am

Does the US embassies and consulates have locals employed, If so have they also suffered inconveniences? Did the Ambassador himself have any trouble or is it just "lower" level US staff?......Those two articles sounds silly but if the US government really is concerned it kind of shows that the US themself have this kind of "sonic" weapon technology and have been testing it on people and maybe still are and some of their own came in between the beam.......Seem it mostly happened when the "victim" where at bed, the steel springs in the mattresses can amplifie vibrations cased by pumps generators and pipes in the wall some areas/rooms in a building are more affected...Also as I read somewhere Cell-sites/towers/masts might have unwanted effects on us and other animals......And also embassy personnel aren not very different from other "expats", some of them like to party more than they should, unhealthy living and sleep deprivation Can cause minor hallucinations........There I solved the problem
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed May 23, 2018 8:18 am

Concussion? Isn't that caused by some sort of physical trauma to the head?
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 am

"Common causes include motor vehicle collisions, falls, sports injuries, and bicycle accidents.[3][4] Risk factors include drinking alcohol" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concussion
Trick

Postby Michael on Wed May 23, 2018 8:41 am

Yeah, concussions were diagnosed for some US consulate staff in Havana. They also reported that they could feel/hear the "noise" only in a specific area, like exactly where they were lying, but if they moved a few feet away, it could not be sensed, then come back to where they were previously lying, and there it is again. It's pretty wild. These symptoms have been reported by other people for years, but they're written off as some kind of psychological issue.
Last edited by Michael on Wed May 23, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby Trick on Wed May 23, 2018 10:21 am

Had that trouble in one apartment(Sweden) some nights, in some areas in the bed room and also localized in the bed there was quite a large "Hum" that almost felt was going straight into the head, just turn around in the bed and the sound was almost unbearable and the turn back it became annoyingly high again. After quite some time I found out it was one of these(but a bigger older motorized model)in the basement laundry area that someone often forgot to turn off after use https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mangle_(machine) Got no concussion symptoms from the sound, but that hum was really kind of piercing, as the whole brain was humming :)
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed May 23, 2018 10:25 am

Trick wrote:the sound was almost unbearable and the turn back it became annoyingly high again.
should said :) unhearable there
Trick

Postby Michael on Thu May 24, 2018 7:39 am

The thot plickens as well known American local restaurant owner, whose establishment is frequented by consulate personnel, says he, fam and staff, who often cater the consulate, all came down with mysterious ear aches the day before the story broke. Also says he experienced midnight sleeping symptoms for four consecutive days prior. From his FB:

Creepy shit. We have all had earaches the last few days and while I'm sure they are unrelated, it is highly disconcerting. I have catered events for the consulate and probably know the person in question...

Tt is somewhat odd that we all have earaches. we went to the hospital earlier and made appointments for tomorrow, before this story broke; I've also been waking up in the middle of the night the the last four or five nights convinced momentarily that I am experiencing an earthquake, which is extremely out of the ordinary for me, but likely related to the cognitive issues that can come with an ear infection. It's much more than likely just a coincidence.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:13 am

What I want to know is how these sonic attacks affect Americans, but not Cubans or Chinese.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:21 am

A Medical Mystery Grows as U.S. Consulate Workers in China Fall Ill

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/world/asia/china-guangzhou-consulate-sonic-attack.html
Michael

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:27 am

Steve James wrote:What I want to know is how these sonic attacks affect Americans, but not Cubans or Chinese.

I don't really know, but according to the reports from the victims in Havana, the sonic attacks have a focal point where there is uncomfortable or painful sensory perception in a very specific part of the room, like where your head lies on your pillow, but if you get up out if bed, or walk a couple of steps across the room, there is no sensory perception, and presumably, no effects of the "sonic attacks."
Michael

Next

Return to Off the Topic