sent someone "flying" today

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

sent someone "flying" today

Postby everything on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:05 pm

was playing soccer as usual.

guy runs into my field of view at the last second.

I accidentally shoulder charged / kao him. It was too late to try to stop it.

He really went flying. Just perfect (imperfect) timing. Not the sort of thing I think I can pull off in push hands on purpose (and you'd normally hold back anyway).

I felt bad, but at the same time, it was like, wow, that is cool.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: sent someone "flying" today

Postby Peacedog on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:58 pm

That stuff is fun. Congrats.

I've had a few throws over the years that went that way. Really beautiful moments. Couldn't do any of that on command to save my life though.

I had a friend fah jing a drunk across a bar once purely by accident. Really cool moment. Completely non-reproduceable.

My friends into Olympic lifting often remark one of the reasons why they keep doing it is that every once in awhile a max lift lines up just right and it feels absolutely weightless. Just pure magic.

It's all good stuff.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:13 pm

yeah I don't think there's any way my timing could be that right on purpose. all of my intent and any connected body structure and "qi" was going forward in a relaxed way at that fraction of a second, and he just had to go in front of me for some reason.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:01 am

Yellow flag :o :-\
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:32 am

I have watched a bit of soccer and have seen people dropped to the ground with no touch energy
I have never seen a rugby player able to do this
But then shoulder stroke is banned in rugby
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby everything on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:50 am

wayne hansen wrote:I have watched a bit of soccer and have seen people dropped to the ground with no touch energy
I have never seen a rugby player able to do this
But then shoulder stroke is banned in rugby

unfortunately I don't know rugby, but I can guess it makes a lot of sense to ban it. someone really good at kao must surely be able to do a lot with it. rugby looks like such a great sport to play and watch for the MA (especially grappling) enthusiast. obviously there is too much embellishment and diving in soccer, but there is a little bit of fun grappling going on at times.
everything
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan