What's happening here? (Sweden?)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: What's happening here? (Sweden?)

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:08 am

Well there we go, second most expensive Mac in the world is to be found in Sweden, so the salaries should follow ? Yellow bamboo guru now probably need to find a new income source to afford his daily nutrition intake.
Trick

Postby .Q. on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:05 am

What were they even claiming to do? I don't understand what's happening here.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 am

First the Guru guy show his arms/hands as in a push position. Then when they lined up the woman behind the “victim” peps her saying something as ‘pull the energy down”(Probably their version of ‘sink the Qi)...So I guess the woman was supposed to sink her Qi and push the charging guru
Trick

Re: What's happening here?

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:59 am

Bao wrote:
grzegorz wrote: The people at McDonald's make $25 an hour!

Not really. Maybe a supervisor? From what I know common salary is about $11 an hour. A tiny more extra if you work evenings and weekends. The monthly pay is about as low as a salary gets in Sweden.

Before or after taxes?

According to this it seems that adults make $20 minimum.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sweden/comment ... in_sweden/

Australia has a $15 minimum wage. What is Sweden's?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:13 am

grzegorz wrote:
Before or after taxes?

According to this it seems that adults make $20 minimum.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sweden/comment ... in_sweden/

Australia has a $15 minimum wage. What is Sweden's?

Sweden doesn't have any general minimum wage. There are some standards depending on if your company has made an obligation to a trade union. But there's nothing in the last that says that they need to follow any of different trade unions recommendations.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:48 am

I have read that there is a $21 minimum wage in Denmark for someone over 20.

I am not saying $11 isn't the case in Sweden but I have a feeling that this is the wage after taxes.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:49 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 am

Obviously you would know but I think there other factors such as healthcare which someone who works as McDonald's in the US doesn't get from their employer without having to pay a big chunk out of their pay check.

Interesting read.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3052798/can ... rs-say-yes
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:19 am

grzegorz wrote:Obviously you would know but I think there other factors such as healthcare which someone who works as McDonald's in the US doesn't get from their employer without having to pay a big chunk out of their pay check.

Interesting read.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3052798/can ... rs-say-yes

He is a refugee and probably got help from the government to get a job. The laws for working permits for refugees are a bit different so that companies can not exploit these people. his pay $16 hourly, yes that is before tax.

I am not saying $11 isn't the case in Sweden but I have a feeling that this is the wage after taxes.

A few years after my wife came to Sweden she was offered a job at McDonalds she would have received approx 16-17,000 SEK per month before tax, which means about 104 SEK/hour or $11,5 per hour. Yes, this is before tax. If you are below 20 they offer less.

In my first real job, in a travel agency 20 years ago, I had approx $1500/month. Today the same kind of jobs still pay very bad. Some travel agencies and common stores offer their employees $1800/month. Common clerks and office workers get about $27000-3000/month.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:30 pm

I think it's hard to compare salaries and prices between a small country and the entire U.S.. It probably costs a lot less to live in parts of the US than in any part of Sweden. I also think that McDonald's in Sweden seems like a novelty that can be over-priced. I've never been to a Swedish McD's, but don't they have other things besides burger and fries? If not, it seems even more like something people would do to "eat" American, or a place where cool kids hung out, or just to feed the foreigners who don't are not adventurous gourmands.

Yumm https://www.mcdonalds.com/se/sv-se/hela-menyn.html
Last edited by Steve James on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 pm

grzegorz wrote:I have read that there is a $21 minimum wage in Denmark for someone over 20.

live in Malmö but work in Copenhagen(for example),then one probably have more money in the pocket. Same thing Sweden/Norway.
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Steve James wrote:I think it's hard to compare salaries and prices between a small country and the entire U.S.. It probably costs a lot less to live in parts of the US than in any part of Sweden. I also think that McDonald's in Sweden seems like a novelty that can be over-priced. I've never been to a Swedish McD's, but don't they have other things besides burger and fries? If not, it seems even more like something people would do to "eat" American, or a place where cool kids hung out, or just to feed the foreigners who don't are not adventurous gourmands.

Yumm https://www.mcdonalds.com/se/sv-se/hela-menyn.html

Quite some time before McDonald came to sweden there where and still are ”Gatukök”-street kitchens, small freestanding burger joints that sell big burgers but mainly sausages, around these joints young guys use to hang around. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibylla_(fast_food) in that pic is an unusually big restaurant, they are usually smaller.
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Sure, McDonald's didn't invent the hamburger. They've been around since chopped meat and fire. There were plenty of burger joints in the US before McD's, but going to one became an American cultural thing.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:26 am

Just promoting classic Swedish fast food culture :) If you ever go to Sweden and want more burger for your money a ”Gatukök” would probably beat McDonald.
Trick

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 am

Hey, I'm sure a real Swedish burger would beat a McD's any day. For one thing, the burger would be bigger than the bun, and the toppings would be better. Personally, I would go for the fish, though. :)
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links