Reiki is of the devil?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Reiki is of the devil?

Postby edededed on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Wow - those vajrayana (mikkyo in Japan) folks are pretty secretive, surprised you were able to learn from them without "joining" them, I guess...

I like museums, so mandalas sound interesting to me, too! :D I am limited to just looking at them, of course...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:59 am

Once you can start looking at all of this stuff as technology and separate it from the philosophy a bunch of things open up.

That doesn't mean people will be nice or willing to help you though.

The last couple of seminars I've gone to with more traditional Asian practitioners have generally consisted of them giving me the stink eye the whole time. Because they knew that I knew what was going on and they couldn't phone it in or fool me.

Likewise, the religious practitioners (i.e. monks) will never give you anything more than a begrudging acknowledgement. They paid heavily to be a part of their organizations and are, more or less, committed at that point regardless of the limitations imposed by those groups.

I've never had a hostile encounter inside a mandala. It has always been more of a "what are you doing here" kind of thing. Keep in mind very few classically trained people from these lineages can even pull this off, mostly due to poor methodology and transmission practices, so anyone showing up is unusual. But as I am not Buddhist, they aren't going to really share anything.
Last edited by Peacedog on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:15 am

Is a mandala like a planet or any other location to visit? Do they have to be the picture kind (Japan sects often have kind of messy writing-like ones).

Are the inhabitants Buddhist deities? With the lack of visitors I'd had thought they would be more inclined to chat...

But separating the technology from the philosophy definitely makes a lot of sense...
Last edited by edededed on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:33 am

Mandalas are basically doorways.

The easiest way to access them is:
- feel the vibration/energy/whatever given off by the mandala
- recreate the vibration/energy/whatever in yourself
- place you attention on the mandala
- close your eyes and push you consciousness forward into the mandala

I would be highly cautious about using anything other than a mainline Buddhist mandala without significant training. And avoid any of the shamanistically influenced stuff, specifically Tibetan and Bonpo mandalas. There's some aggressive and not necesarily pacified stuff inside those.

The inhabitants can be Buddhist deities or any number of things. I've frequently run into monks performing some kind of ritual. They look up in surprise and then go back to what they are doing. Mainly because I'm not inclined to participate.
Last edited by Peacedog on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:01 pm

Sounds really interesting for sure.

Would the Nichiren sects (and related like Soka Gakkai) be considered non-mainline, too? Their mandalas look like calligraphy (gohonzon), and SG seems to have become quite secular/political now - I wonder if their mandalas still are potent...

Minimal risk for me now as step 1 is far beyond me, and anyway I've only really seen mandalas in famous temples in my memory...
Last edited by edededed on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:49 am

Edededed,

I don't really know much about the different Buddhist sects in Japan. The mandalas I trained on were from Shingon. So, I would assume those to be pretty safe.

Mandala work never really appealed to me that much, I am much more aligned with the internal power model. I did work with these things as it was a part of my training.

I'd try going to a few temples to practice with their mandalas. Once you are proficient in recreting the enrgetic pattern of a particular mandala, you can take a picture of it and practice at home.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:09 am

Shingon is pretty orthodox - I'm surprised that they had the mandala training, though (but I guess the normal populace is not really aware of what monks are training). A bit of a shame that it is so secret...

My first problem is of course not having any ability to feel any vibrations, etc. in the first place ;D :-\ :-[
But for more talented folks, the next difficulty might be to find a temple with a mandala that can be viewed freely ;) There is a temple near my home that I have started to visit to meditate occasionally - but it is a Zen temple, not sure if they have mandalas there...

But do any mandalas depicting the same place act as a doorway to the same location (e.g. the womb realm)?
Last edited by edededed on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:04 am

Edededed,

Here are the mandalas I trained with: http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/mandala1.shtml

When I did the Kongokai mandala, I wound up wandering around a temple complex. The inhabitants were conducting various rituals. I remember seeing a bunch of monks working on what looked like a tube of light transforming things into it. I'm sure lots of lessons on the dharma would be available. Like I said, its a thing.

Alternatively, I've invoked Fudomyo on a couple of occasions to help tune mudras from Kuji-kiri. That was a little more interesting as the mudras themselves have effects separate from the Buddhist deities that overlay them now. Its just a little time consuming.

https://www.japanese-buddhism.com/fudo-myo-o.html

He was willing to give me a hand as he is more closely aligned to the internal power model being one of the closest to this level of reality Akashically aligned entities.

I did that by using his mudra, chanting his mantra, tuning to the associated vibratory state and then placing his sigil into my external dantien above my head. This brought him down and into me. Then I started with the kuji-kiri mudras without their associated Buddhist deities. He then tuned the vibratory state of each mudra with its associated chakra. After awhile I didn't need to invoke him anymore and could just run the associated energy on my own.

Pretty standard stuff.

For a system of self initiation with more of a Golden Dawn twist get a copy of "Hermetic Yoga" by Poke Runyon. Their system is almost exclusively made up of these kinds of practices using a planetary association with what most people would consider chakras within the body. The book is available on Amazon.

And yes, any given mandala leads you to a specific place.
Last edited by Peacedog on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:10 am

Wow - Fudomyoo?! I guess that his mudra, mantra, and so forth is kept secret (it is mikkyo after all), but very interesting to know what they are used for! (I have a mikkyo practitioner ex-colleague in Tokyo, but he is very far from me in Fukuoka now...)

Thank you for the book recommendation - I guess that the Buddhist entities seem a bit more "safe" than the planets... but I guess it would not be a good idea to try to use the book's practices for Buddhist entities instead...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:34 am

Edededed,

Fudo-myo's stuff is all openly available. In terms of deity fusion once you have the basics figured out you can pretty much work with any of the Buddhist cannon with ease. And if you are Buddhist this is great.

Just don't expect anyone on the monastic side to give you props for it.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:45 pm

Thanks for the advice! Your posts are much appreciated!

(I'm not Buddhist, but I do like some of it.)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:56 am

Peacedog thanks for sharing information and your experiences. When you “meditate” on mandalas, do you do so with a specific goal in mind, or you just take things as they come, enjoying the ride ? You use Mandalas which are of Hindu/Buddhist origin and you mention when you “enter” them you meet/encounter Buddhists, which would seem logical. But earlier you mentioned the “7 planets” as tools also that can be used, what is to be expected when using these, what will one probably encounter/experience on a “planetary” ride?.......Especially from a personally standpoint the Sun is on my mind.
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:14 am

Peacedog wrote:When I did the Kongokai mandala, I wound up wandering around a temple complex. The inhabitants were conducting various rituals. I remember seeing a bunch of monks working on what looked like a tube of light transforming things into it. I'm sure lots of lessons on the dharma would be available. Like I said, its a thing.

I often do “quiet sitting” basically just sitting relaxed on a chair(not resting back) with closed eyes, i do a visualization that i learned in one of the IMA’s i do. Nothing specific martial about it but it work great to center oneself, i just sit for a very short time, some 5-10 minutes. Almost immediately I begin to “see” for example random people passing by, or buildings, roads, trees and other plants, even forests. It’s as I’m in the centre and all moving around me, sometimes seeing things from above......I don’t do this with any intention to “see” things it just comes around. Quite interesting.
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:32 am

Trick,

What you are experiencing is one of the beginning stages of out of body experience and indicates you have some form of clairvoyance developed. Good for you. Many forms of clairvoyance exist and usually require some work to get the kind you need for pursuing your particular goals.

As for goals when engaging a mandala that is preferable. The work I've done with them has been in the context of specific training, so those were essentially dictated for me. Regarding mandalas specifically, I've had training on this and can engage them, but they are not really a focus of mine.

Planetary meditations generally involve the use of a sigil to contact a specific being. I owe you an answer on this and will post it sometime next week, but it is a complicated topic and requires a little elaboration.

One thing though, the energy of the Sun is the harshest of the seven basic planets. Only approach this after having completed Moon, Mercury, and Venus in that order. In Bardon's school, we ground solar exposure with moon energy afterwards in a one to one ratio. So, for one hour of Sun meditation, you follow it with one hour of Moon meditation.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:14 am

Many thanks Peacedog. I look forward for the upcoming information . About my experience during my quiet sitting as I said it’s nothing that I’m seeking, it’s just happening. But I have a spark of interest to see if there is something to go further with using something other to specific focus on , if there is a clear path to take so the “seeing” become more orderly. Something about planetary “meditation” is something that I feel resonate with my thinking. Your thoughts about the progress, moon -mercury -Venus and then the Sun is interesting. Many thanks.
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic