Be careful what you say

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Be careful what you say

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:51 am

I forgot the boston bombers who I guess could be labelled left wingers.

They were Chechen nationalists who might be considered Muslim terrorists but not leftists at all. "Leftist" is a concept; terror bombing is a strategy employed by nationalists --as in IRA bombings.

Afa the Trump hat, from what I've read, the Pittsburgh shooter did not approve of Trump because he had too many Jews (like Jared) around him. It's the old nazi shtick.

I happened to turn on FOX , and the reporter was clear to stress that it was a "conservative" area of Pittsburgh. She didn't finish with "Jewish".
Before the guy in the Trump van was caught, the first thing I heard on FOX was that it was probably a "false flag" operation because of the way the devices were made.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some type of event or claim of conspiracy soon.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Keep searching for the elusive leftist threat. Very weak example, even if we were to accept whataboutisms.

It is very clear that the radicalized right (and before that the traditional right) pose a tremendous and deadly threat. The left, not so much. The Red Scare was propaganda, and it's largely the same with the rightwing rhetoric surrounding Antifa, BLM, etc. Just look at the body count. I would say that you can't argue with that, but some dimwits will find a way. It's okay, they were the same ones posting racist crap here for years.

I still wonder about the links between alt-right conspiracy theorists or far right nationalists here and lin kong jin/magic/hermetic practice. A sort of natural union of systems requiring suspension of critical thought?
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:16 pm

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:30 pm

I think there would have been a greater reaction on the part of the WH if it had been his son in laws synogogue
KEND
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 am

I think he would have said the same. That an armed gaurd would have stopped it, despite the fact three cops went down.

I agree with him that there's a huge problem with fake news that's causing this kind of idiocy. I think he's talking about cnn and the New York times though. I'm talking about the people spreading the Boogeyman myth of George Soros and white genocide, like Breitbart.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:27 am

I think he would have said the same. That an armed gaurd would have stopped it, despite the fact three cops went down.

It doesn't really matter what he said, though. The NRA is right: guns don''t kill people; people kill people. Changing the gun laws won't change the people. Those who murder for an ideology (political, racial, or religious) should be treated the same. If waterboards are good for the goose, they are good enough for the gander.

Of course, if we treat all the issues similarly, we could say that it's not the party, race, or religion of the terrorist that is the problem or even the issue. They don't kill people; individuals kill people. Yes, there may not be much we can do about the people with mental illness, like schizophrenia, etc. However, unlike a physiological condition, ideological mental illness is preventable.
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic