Japanese cyber security chief

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Japanese cyber security chief

Postby .Q. on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:01 pm

.Q.
Wuji

Re: Japanese cyber security chief

Postby edededed on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:21 pm

Sigh... Constant problem in society!
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:51 am

Meanwhile also in Japan, man marries anime character. It’s on Swedish news but the clip in itself is telling of problems in (Japanese)society - https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/han- ... y-karaktar
Trick

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Trick wrote:Meanwhile also in Japan, man marries anime character. It’s on Swedish news but the clip in itself is telling of problems in (Japanese)society - https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/han- ... y-karaktar

How is that telling and of what problems do you speak? Do you think there is some widespread trend of marrying holograms in Japan?
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:59 pm

I hereby apply for the job. My qualifications include assembler programming (bare metal understanding of computers) and virus identification. My executive ability is to divide responsibilities according to individual talents. Of course, no one would confuse this towering gaigin (6'1) with a well connected Japanese.
Last edited by klonk on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:05 pm

Trick wrote:Meanwhile also in Japan, man marries anime character. It’s on Swedish news but the clip in itself is telling of problems in (Japanese)society - https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/han- ... y-karaktar

Akihiko Kondo is not formally married to Hatsune Miku in accordance with Japanese law, but the company that created Hatsune Miku has issued a marriage certificate, claiming that the couple married "beyond the dimensions".

Some things are just sick. Imagination without grounding in reality is just such a thing.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 pm

Oh, but wait.

I just thought of something. I do not think very often, so be patient with me.

Sun Tsu said, "All warfare is based on deception."

What if the Japanese appointed an obvious muppet exactly for the purpose of provoking cyber attacks? Meanwhile, the smarter japs are watching ports and packages. It is exactly what you or I do in drawing a punch or inviting an attack.

I see little point in his appointment otherwise.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:57 pm

文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:54 pm

klonk wrote:I see little point in his appointment otherwise.

He's a beauty. He understands about tubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE
Michael

Postby Trick on Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:29 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:

How is that telling and of what problems do you speak? Do you think there is some widespread trend of marrying holograms in Japan?

Although he got many likes, he also got a lot of complaints something as his way(the essence of it)is one of the reasons that Japans population is now shrinking and talks about letting it easier for foreigners to become citizenised, which apparently many Japanese also don’t like………Anyway that’s what I read, you that live in Japan certainly can give a better picture of the situation.
Trick

Postby Trick on Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:32 am

klonk wrote:

Akihiko Kondo is not formally married to Hatsune Miku in accordance with Japanese law, but the company that created Hatsune Miku has issued a marriage certificate, claiming that the couple married "beyond the dimensions".

Some things are just sick. Imagination without grounding in reality is just such a thing.

Haha, “beyond the dimensions” ain’t that romantic sounding
Trick

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:42 am

Trick wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:

Although he got many likes, he also got a lot of complaints something as his way(the essence of it)is one of the reasons that Japans population is now shrinking and talks about letting it easier for foreigners to become citizenised, which apparently many Japanese also don’t like………Anyway that’s what I read, you that live in Japan certainly can give a better picture of the situation.

I just wanted to push back a little because I see this case as being a rather extreme outlier. Certainly, to make a connection between this and population decline is unfounded. That has much more to do with a number of other factors including a move from hyper-consumerism to post-consumerism (or possibly back to consumerism) and the complete absence of a women's movement. This led to a slow entry into the workforce by women and when they did get there, they were expected to continue their previous homemaking on top of their careers. Naturally, fewer women want to have kids or even marry. It goes without saying that there are other, complicated, factors at play, but I don't see otaku as being the cause of population decline.

Heck, I read an article about a woman who apparently had sex and married a tree. She was not Japanese.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Putting someone in charge of a job for which he or she has not experience or training is not a Japanese thing. It's common in the US, too. We even put people in charge of departments they want to destroy and fire the people who know anything about them. For ex., why is a neurosurgeon in charge of Housing and Urban Development?

Yeah, maybe the guy who takes over from whoever was cyberchief before will do a better job. I think it seems unusual because we'd expect someone in charge would have an in-depth knowledge of computers. However, security is its own issue. There's security for hardware, for software, for websites, for organizational and personal use. A chief might not be expert in any of those issues.

Otoh, it does sound hilarious to hear that he doesn't use a computer. Of course, he could also be like Quigley down under. ;)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:07 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
I just wanted to push back a little because I see this case as being a rather extreme outlier. Certainly, to make a connection between this and population decline is unfounded. That has much more to do with a number of other factors including a move from hyper-consumerism to post-consumerism (or possibly back to consumerism) and the complete absence of a women's movement. This led to a slow entry into the workforce by women and when they did get there, they were expected to continue their previous homemaking on top of their careers. Naturally, fewer women want to have kids or even marry. It goes without saying that there are other, complicated, factors at play, but I don't see otaku as being the cause of population decline.

Heck, I read an article about a woman who apparently had sex and married a tree. She was not Japanese.

Yes tree hugging is probably a global thing, not something that is specific Japanese. 8-)
Trick

Postby edededed on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:40 pm

I feel for the guy who "married" the Miku hologram - I am sure he would love to be married to a real, live woman, but bad experiences made him feel that it would be impossible. Such loners then find characters like Miku appealing - kind of idealized women with no faults (and no meanness).

It is a shame also that Japan has a reputation for high technology, but those people who are good at that technology are in general looked down upon as "otaku" and cannot get married... Then random very non-technological old dude gets given cyber-security chief title...
edededed
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic