How about drinks

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

How about drinks

Postby everything on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:29 pm

Guess everyone here eats healthy.

How about drinks? What kind of drinks do you like?

For beer, I like Shiner Bock from my days in Texas.

It's objectively probably not great, but it's kind of a comfort drink for me.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: How about drinks

Postby Trick on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:03 am

I used to have a daily Coca Cola craving up until some 12-13 years ago, I’m glad I got over that.……And since around that time I began a new tradition where I every morning make a big cup of tea, the Chinese way, put quite a big pinch of tea leaves(green) in the cup and I drink from this all the day through just refilling with hot water. Also a daily two cups of coffee I squeeze in, one for breakfast and the other in the afternoon, it’s almost a must....Beer I like but I’m not a connoisseur, since I live in China I’ll stick with the local brands, but “ Snow” brand I stay away from.
Trick

Postby klonk on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:06 am

I like beer but it is too high in carbs for my present diet. Sipping dry wine seems okay. I particularly like light-bodied reds.

Fond of black tea.
Last edited by klonk on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:05 pm

oh yeah I love to drink green tea all day. Feels really healthy, but I really like Earl Grey's flavor.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Trick wrote:Beer I like but I’m not a connoisseur, since I live in China I’ll stick with the local brands, but “ Snow” brand I stay away from.

MONS is usually considered one of the least horrible big brands. Not sure how Westerners can drink Tsing Tao. The big local brand in Guangzhou is also well-liked.

I used to have a daily Coca Cola craving up until some 12-13 years ago.

I stopped a long time ago. Luckily got some good advice from a chiro in my 20's.

Also a daily two cups of coffee I squeeze in, one for breakfast and the other in the afternoon, it’s almost a must...

One cup in the morning, five or six days a week, is enough for me. More than that and I can't sleep.

And since around that time I began a new tradition where I every morning make a big cup of tea,

Love Chinese tea when it's clean. Couldn't get clean stuff in the mainland, Mix was on here a couple of years ago talking about that, but still enjoyed flower teas like chrysanthemum, which is available in every corner shop in China. Haven't come across it since I got back to America.

And natural spring water. That and coffee is all I drink.
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:08 pm

I've pretty much given up rum for absinthe these days.

Makes me happy and talkative versus aggressive with the rum.
Last edited by Peacedog on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:27 pm

jimmy
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:28 pm

I like my beer, like my coffee, black. The Irish nailed it!

In Czech too all the towns have a local beer in blonde and black, which is how it should be.

Then there is holy water. I wish I drank more...;) In the US people drink less hard alcohol in my opinion because almost all of us drive everywhere. When I can drink without driving and it's time to party it's vodka for me.

A few favorites among many, but perhaps lesser known to some.

Tastes just like the label describes.

Made from sugar cane.

Good because it's made from wine grapes. For me all wine grape made vodkas don't burn on the way down which makes them more lethal.

Speaking of wine, I love the expensive stuff because I used to get it for free from customers when I worked in the wine country but I am far from a snob. I like dry and complex cabs but a simple California Zin will do as well. But if you have the means then why not? Costco has killer deals and anything around or above $20 is going to be excellent just be sure you give it a few hours to breathe if it is a red. I have seen bottles at Costco for $20 which sell for $100 and more in wine rooms.

Love sake too and hope to explore the different types one day.
Last edited by gzregorz on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:16 am

Peacedog wrote:I've pretty much given up rum for absinthe these days.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder. ;D
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:42 am

gzregorz wrote:I like my beer, like my coffee, black.

Ditto that. But I am even more of a Stout Man.

I drink about 5 to 8 cups of coffee a normal work day. But if I brew coffee my self I only use Espresso beans.

Love red wine as well.

Favorite Whiskey is Auchentoshan

My very favourite Western thing to drink though is Drambuie.

Sake is great, but I do prefer Korean brands before Japanese.

China has so much great things to drink. I enjoy much of their stuff, from sweet plum wine to Xifengjiu and Luzhou Laojiao.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:05 am

Bao wrote:[

I drink about 5 to 8 cups of coffee a normal work day. But if I brew coffee my self I only use Espresso beans.

I used to drink that amount of coffee too(many years ago), but found our in a way that got me worried that hard heavy sweating daily workouts combined with that much a day of coffee would not be healthy in the long run, so I had to cut down on one of them activities.
Trick

Postby middleway on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:35 am

Whiskey / Whisky

Increasingly enjoying the Japanese Whiskies but also very partial to an Isle of Islay Scotch.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:02 am

Trick wrote:
Bao wrote:[

I used to drink that amount of coffee too(many years ago), but found our in a way that got me worried that hard heavy sweating daily workouts combined with that much a day of coffee would not be healthy in the long run, so I had to cut down on one of them activities.

Nah, just take a glass of red wine in the evening if the heart beats too fast. ;D

Jokes aside, it’s a bad habit I could have stopped a couple of years ago. I worked very hard for a few years and got very little sleep as I built up my company and tried different kinds of business. Back then I could have a glass of wine in the evening if I felt too speeded and I continued on working after calming down. But I almost never drink any alcohol nowadays. But I believe it was more my practice that kept me on my feet than coffee. IMA only though, I have never felt the need for heavy workouts.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:26 am

If I have a drink, which is rare, it'll usually be a Moscow mule or some variant. Barring that, a sweet stout or porter or nice creamy lager.

But that's rarely. I'm in much more into Marijuana and psychedelics as far as mood and mind altering substances are concerned
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:26 am

Peacedog wrote:I've pretty much given up rum for absinthe these days.

Absinthe i have never tried...yet, Isn’t that beverage supposed to dabble with ones mind in rather unpredictable ways? Tequila I stay away from, that spirit has a rather aggressive effect on me.
Trick

Next

Return to Off the Topic