Xinyiliuhequan in China?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Xinyiliuhequan in China?

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:56 pm

johnwang wrote:
Trick wrote:I would say it depends on what kind of “forms” one learn ? And why go to China to just do sparring?......

In Taiwan, when I was young, I wanted to learn

- SC master Chang Tung Sheng's "head lock".
- Baji master Liu Yuan-Chao's "tiger climb mountain".
- Zimen master Xiong Jian-Shun's "Dim Mak".
- Northern Shaolin master Kao Fen-Xian's "lighting skill".

IMO, you go to a foreign country to learn the "door guarding" skill from certain CMA masters. You don't just want to learn the forms from them.

As long as ones China stay lives up to or exceed ones OWN expectations so why not.
Trick

Postby jordan on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Yang style XYLHQ with Yang Hai

https://www.threetreasuresxinyi.com/about . this is one of his students. Yang is in China and teaches openly. Look for captioned interviews on YT for more info. It's not a COMPLETE system of XYLHQ, one of his close students who is a friend of mine says he is one of the most open of the 'good' XYLHQ guys with lineage who are teaching public and intereted persons.

Cheers
jordan
Santi

Postby Trick on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:14 am

Thanks for the link Jordan. As I have written in other threads I have not seen much XYLH, and never experienced it live, but hopefully it will come around or I will come aground it.
Trick

Postby jordan on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:36 pm

Ryan sent me a link an hour ago with an updated website that is a little more informative. CHeck it out if you like

https://www.yangxinyi.org/history/
jordan
Santi

Postby Storm on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:59 pm

chenyaolong wrote:A lot of Shanghai Xinyi Liuhe people are incredibly shady. At least the ones I met.....

I was following your website from time to time. Are you still training Xinyi Liuhe Quan or stopped due to the above mentioned fact?
Storm
Santi

Postby Trick on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:24 am

Storm wrote:
chenyaolong wrote:A lot of Shanghai Xinyi Liuhe people are incredibly shady. At least the ones I met.....

I was following your website from time to time. Are you still training Xinyi Liuhe Quan or stopped due to the above mentioned fact?

Since I might find myself in Shanghai from time to time and probably will look around some for just Xing/XinYiQuan, i too would be interested in what way of shady the Xinyi peoples are. Is it their MA skills or just their way of life that’s shady?
Trick

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan