Interview series with Jarek Szymanski

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Interview series with Jarek Szymanski

Postby edededed on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:34 pm

Jarek, maybe you can visit him again! Not to learn anything, just as a friendly brother perhaps. Old school is restrictive sometimes!

I think tongbei was not called highly in China; luckily later on foreigners became quite interested!

I think that you were in China during a very interesting time, a real opportunity. Also have been enjoying the interview (thanks to Jon for writing it up!)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Jarek on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:54 pm

David, Ed, for an unknown reason the message I've been writing disappeared in the virtual universe... :(

Anyway, it's been a long ride over all those years, with MA as the main theme, meeting people and learning, missing new trends and opportunities that in the meantime the western world has been offering. Many thanks to Jon for his patience, we have been having fun talking about MA and China in general, and somehow the interview has grown out of these casual conversations. I'm glad you like it, kudos to Jon, who's also not only a MA scholar but also a very dedicated practitioner. I'm sure each of us has many interesting stories to tell, and I hope you could share them too - it's all a part of the unique culture of CMA. Just like this board and late D. DeVere's efforts are a part of history, our personal (hi)stories too.

Cheers to you gents,

Jarek
Last edited by Jarek on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jarek
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:57 am

CMA is full of interesting stories!

I would like to add - despite your not teaching (yet), you have had a significant influence via your website, leading many to learn (often rare) CMA, I think! (I was one of them, too.) Jon's sites have or will have a similar effect I think as well! Really great of you guys to share your stories. (And of course this board has had a long influence as well.)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby lineofintent on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks to both Jarek and Jon for these interviews and your websites, great work in the virtual realm and both lovely, helpful guys in real life !
lineofintent
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan