Bandersnatch :)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Bandersnatch :)

Postby Steve James on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:50 am

If you're on Netflix, what did you choose? This may be the future.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: Bandersnatch :)

Postby origami_itto on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Ha! I don't know how many endings I went through. It was pretty great though. After each "ending" it brought me back to the place I could make the alternate choice, but I'd have to go back and make a couple different distinct choices to see if there are more endings.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:45 pm

I think the interactive aspect is destined to be a future method of story-telling because it requires attention more than film. What made television so memorable in the early days was because people would be immersed in shows, and didn't divide their attention among so many other things. The biggest distraction might be the phone ringing. Nowadays, every member of a family might have several different distractions.

It is interesting to see how the different choices affect the narrative. It makes the viewer want to go back to see the alternatives.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:28 pm

Up till last year there was a studio called telltale games that made games like this. There was some classic arcade style button mashing action here and there, but the main mechanic was the choices you make affecting the game outcome. They did a walking dead, game of thrones, and Minecraft game that I know of, and some others.

It very much reminded me of those

https://www.inverse.com/article/49319-t ... shuts-down
Last edited by origami_itto on Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic