Trump's IS strategy? Declare victory, Cut & Run!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Trump's IS strategy? Declare victory, Cut & Run!

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Meanwhile, 4 days ago in Syria...

ISIS has executed one of a number of hostages taken from Syria's Sweida, home to a large community of Druze, in an attack last week, local media and a war monitor said on Sunday.

ISIS killed the 19-year-old male student on Thursday after kidnapping more than 30 people, mostly women and children, from a village in Sweida during a deadly rampage last week, the head of the Sweida24 news website Nour Radwan told AFP.

https://www.albawaba.com/news/isis-kidn ... da-1169084
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Trump's IS strategy? Declare victory, Cut & Run!

Postby Trick on Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:51 pm

Isn’t ISIS an US brainchild that’s supposed to wreck havoc in Syria ?
Trick

Postby Michael on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Trick wrote:Isn’t ISIS an US brainchild that’s supposed to wreck havoc in Syria ?

They are the grandchildren of our various Middle East brainchild-lings, beginning with Al Queada and the muhjahadeen in Afghanistan. We created the power vacuum in Iraq then funded ISIS in Syria.

It's like we're Rick and Saudi Arabia is Morty, and together ISIS is our Cronenberg creation that we use to persuade Jerry and Beth to believe that Summer should join the military to fight. Support the troops. Thank you for your service in the never ending wars, that benefit whom?

Obviously I've been binge watching Rick and Morty, but the metaphor is tight.

-puke-
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:07 pm

According to John Bolton the US is not pulling out of Syria.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:12 pm

US are always in, everywhere!
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:32 pm

Trick wrote:US are always in, everywhere!

Trump basically wanted to offer Turkey and Putin a gift in a place he doesn't know crap about.

But instead he would have created another front in another war, abandoning allies in an attempt to spike the football and claim victory in a place that will be perpetually at war.

When you break it, you own it and have to pay. You can't just cut and run and deny responsibility as the Kurds get slaughtered.

All wars are based on lies but letting people die is not an option just some politician can win re-election.

The fact is the US illegally invaded Iraq and started the destabilization of this partof the world, although far from perfect war was not the answer and nor is giving the Saudis whatever they want whenever they want it.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:58 pm

IS bomb blast in Syria thanks to Trump.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:27 am

Isn’t IS against the Assad regime, and so is US and EU ? But most of course think the IS are bad guys too, and Russia are fighting them, but then US and EU think Russia are bad guys too ? Whatever what is going on there in Syria I can’t really wrap my mind around, it’s really confusing
Trick

Postby Bao on Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:59 am

Trick wrote:Isn’t IS against the Assad regime, and so is US and EU ? But most of course think the IS are bad guys too, and Russia are fighting them, but then US and EU think Russia are bad guys too ? Whatever what is going on there in Syria I can’t really wrap my mind around, it’s really confusing

IS and Assad rebels are two different things. The Assad rebels fight IS too. But to further complicate the situation, the US has supported IS terrorists in believe that they were Assad Rebels.

You should take time to see this documentary. It's an eye opener to say the least.

https://vimeo.com/59005321
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:49 am

It’s something as the Wild Wild West But somwhat in the East, with the guys from the Wild West soon(maybe) pulling out.....I will take a look at that vid a little later, but have no hope to get anything clarified by it. I think that probably only a small number of people really know what’s going on there, and the reason is as shitty as any reason for war.
Trick

Postby Bao on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:44 am

Trick wrote:It’s something as the Wild Wild West But somwhat in the East, with the guys from the Wild West soon(maybe) pulling out.....I will take a look at that vid a little later, but have no hope to get anything clarified by it. I think that probably only a small number of people really know what’s going on there, and the reason is as shitty as any reason for war.

The doc is not a usual film about. It's a female journalist who follows the rebels who fight IS from inside and interview them. You'll get as much insight as you possibly could.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby vagabond on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:54 am

the point has been to kill the kurds all along, just like the spanish republican forces in 39. they're the only actual threat in the region to continuing resource extraction, as well as being an example that flies in the face of the "communism only looks good on paper" refrain. erdogan is the new franco
vagabond
Huajing

Postby Bao on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 am

The Kurds? They've helped the US a lot in the war against IS. Then when they are not needed they are abandoned. The US way. :P
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:30 am

Bao wrote:The Kurds? They've helped the US a lot in the war against IS. Then when they are not needed they are abandoned. The US way. :P

I think the problem is that the US helps people for its own reasons, which is normal. However, we tell the people we want to help them because of some principle we have --like democracy-- or because we care for them --as humanitarians. Maybe it's true of all nations, but I think more people used to believe it in the past.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby vagabond on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:55 am

Maybe it's true of all nations

it's not
vagabond
Huajing

Next

Return to Off the Topic