"Letter to Taiwanese Kin" 40th Anniversary

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

"Letter to Taiwanese Kin" 40th Anniversary

Postby Strange on Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:43 am

https://www.voachinese.com/a/Taiwan-rea ... 25457.html

“The Chinese does not go to war with the Chinese, but we do not give up the military option"

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politic ... order-2019

Some observers believe that based on recent rhetoric, Xi has the intention to see the Taiwan "back in the arms of the
Ancestral Land" in his time (not term) as president. based on above, it is not difficult to understand how such a conclusion is made. Unlike Hong Kong and Macau, the history of how Taiwan came to be is under very different circumstances.
While all chinese maintain that 自己人不打自己人, i do not think Taiwan would ever be able to accept to be a province
under Chinese rule.

I fear that the opposing will and forces of both sides shall converge on the Taiwan Straits. i hope I am wrong.
Last edited by Strange on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Re: "Letter to Taiwanese Kin" 40th Anniversary

Postby edededed on Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:17 pm

I hope they don't imitate Russia and its handling of Crimea... I really like Taiwan, and I think it is just fine to have different countries of the same peoples.

For example, it is fine that we have various English-speaking countries - no need for one of them to try to "unify" them all.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:05 am

While all chinese maintain that 自己人不打自己人, i do not think Taiwan would ever be able to accept to be a province
under Chinese rule.

Taiwan has its own Constitution that creates some problems for Taiwan. Here the Mainland and Taiwan are not separated in two areas and instead viewed as on country. This also means that their Constitution applies to Mainland as well. So the Taiwanese regard their government to be the real government for all of China. This is also why they could never be represented in the UN as they themselves don't regard Taiwan as a separate country. So in some respects they have already turned their status into a province.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:16 pm

edededed wrote:I hope they don't imitate Russia and its handling of Crimea... I really like Taiwan, and I think it is just fine to have different countries of the same peoples.

For example, it is fine that we have various English-speaking countries - no need for one of them to try to "unify" them all.

Not a very good example to bring up English(British) speaking nations in different parts of the world exist and interact peacefully(now) Men might sit down at the men’s club and muse on catchy sayings such as “The sun never set on the British empire” and thing it’s all jolly good while sipping on their sherry 8-) . British imperialism was not that peacefully spread around the globe. If one dig deep one might come up with a pretty good theory that it’s because the brits where stamping around with their boots on Chinese soil there’s now an Taiwan issue in existence.………Anyway this year is the PRofC’s 70 birthday, and as usual foreign provocations(beginning last year) will escalate somewhat, it’s a standard. The Middle Kingdom will most certainly ride out that and have another prosperous decade coming up……that will say if the EU/US can keep their own regions stable
Trick

Return to Off the Topic