Xu is back

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Xu is back

Postby GrahamB on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 am

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Xu is back

Postby Greg J on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Wow, that was painful to watch. Both the pummeling and the arrogance. Two things were very clear - his opponent seemed to have very little power behind his punches, and his cardio/ endurance was terrible.

I also can't believe Xu's opponent was sent back into the ring basically blindfolded. At that point he was just a walking piñata.

Best,
Greg
Greg J
Huajing

Postby Overlord on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 pm

The traditional martial arts may not be perfect but generally I do see Muaythai fighter have more respect and courtesy to Muay Boran and Muay Chaiya masters. Of course CMS lost a loads of stuff after Manchuria Empire and cultural revolution.
But he is not really helping like this.
I do hope his opponent gets paid for just standing in the ring.
Overlord

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:42 pm

The guy in the green couldn't even fake interest
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Greg J wrote:I also can't believe Xu's opponent was sent back into the ring basically blindfolded. At that point he was just a walking piñata.

Man this Bird Box challenge shit is getting out of hand.
Last edited by origami_itto on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Overlord wrote:The traditional martial arts may not be perfect but generally I do see Muaythai fighter have more respect and courtesy to Muay Boran and Muay Chaiya masters. Of course CMS lost a loads of stuff after Manchuria Empire and cultural revolution.
But he is not really helping like this.
I do hope his opponent gets paid for just standing in the ring.

Did you say Muay Thai?

origami_itto
Wuji

Postby nicklinjm on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:55 pm

This was a complete farce from the outset, the only martial art there are records of his opponent (Tian Ye) studying is *gasp* western boxing. Although the event host organised an 'intensive training' trip to Shaolin to study with Shi Yanzi, this was basically a big staged photo op, the guy has little if anything to do with CMA.

Headline should be "Xu defeats aging, out of shape boxer".
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby C.J.W. on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:37 am

The Taiwanese news article I read says his opponent is a 56-year-old guy who claims to specialize in Long Fist, southern styles, and some bogus kicking and elbow techniques no one's heard of.

Enough said......
Last edited by C.J.W. on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:45 am

oragami_itto wrote:
Greg J wrote:I also can't believe Xu's opponent was sent back into the ring basically blindfolded. At that point he was just a walking piñata.

Man this Bird Box challenge shit is getting out of hand.

Best comment yet! :D
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 am

I thought Xu was the blindfolded guy
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:16 am

GrahamB wrote:Best comment yet! :D

It is my pleasure to serve. :P

wayne hansen wrote:I thought Xu was the blindfolded guy

Naw he's the one going around challenging TCMA "masters" to fights and then embarassing them.

But as the other video shows Muay Thai guys give him a bit of a hard time.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:08 am

oragami_itto wrote:

Naw he's the one going around challenging TCMA "masters" to fights and then embarassing them.

. . . which makes the TCMA "masters" look even worse. Because, Xu is an average skilled MMA fighter.

These TCMA "masters" embarrass themselves.

Fight Commentary Breakdowns
Published on Jan 13, 2019

Fight Commentary Breakdowns wrote:Tian Ye, our Kung Fu Master finally fought Xu Xiaodong, our Chinese MMA Mad Dog. Let's see how this Kung Fu "Master" did in his fight against the outspoken Chinese MMA fighter (搏击狂人). This fight was under kickboxing rules, in our observation. There was no ground fighting. Let's see which fighter was the better striker. 田野 is sometimes known as the 青岛里合腿, meaning the "inside kick master of Qingdao." Let's see if he uses any kicks during the match. Jerry and Rob bring you running commentary on this fight that took place in China in January. The rules were (according to online sources), if the "Master" won, he got 30 million from a Chinese rich person, and if he lost, he would still get 3 million. Looks like some millionaire in China just really wants to see Xu Xiaodong get into fights. Talk to you guys in the comments. For those of you who want to search in Chinese, Xu Xiaodong is 徐晓东. Tian Ye is 田野. Would you take this fight for that much money? Pull a Mayweather, so to speak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x4VTjbZtKc

Xu is not arguing the ability of other combat sports fighters.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Fa Xing on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:48 pm

oragami_itto wrote:

These "masters" are CHALLENGING Xu, not the other way around. It's been 2 years since Wei Lei, why is this still not coming across well? Plus, if he calls these guys out at all, he's calling out charlatans not real TCMA practitioners, many of whom support Xu and his unintentioned endeavor to clean up martial arts in China.

One more thing, Xu was offered 5 million yuan to THROW this fight, obviously that didn't happen. These "traditional masters" are frauds who lack any morality or ethics (WuDe).
Dr. Troy Schott
Doctor of Chiropractic
Lead Instructor, Ground Dragon Martial Arts
https://grounddragonma.com/
Fa Xing
Anjing

Postby origami_itto on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Fa Xing wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:

These "masters" are CHALLENGING Xu, not the other way around. It's been 2 years since Wei Lei, why is this still not coming across well? Plus, if he calls these guys out at all, he's calling out charlatans not real TCMA practitioners, many of whom support Xu and his unintentioned endeavor to clean up martial arts in China.

One more thing, Xu was offered 5 million yuan to THROW this fight, obviously that didn't happen. These "traditional masters" are frauds who lack any morality or ethics (WuDe).

Tomato, tomato.

I mean, I've got no skin in the game, he can crush as many tomato cans as he likes and it wouldn't affect me a bit. It's an amusing sideshow diversion with no wude too be found anywhere.
Last edited by origami_itto on Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
origami_itto
Wuji

Return to Video Links