Medical pot in Poland

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Medical pot in Poland

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:54 am

Yesterday was 1st day of legal medical marijuana in Poland.
What the hoax,
one gram of the bud cost 60 zlp in pharmacy, while street price /as far as I know/ was around 30... >:( >:(
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Re: Medical pot in Poland

Postby Trick on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:37 am

Don’t know what is medical about pot, but do they sell medicine in the streets there ? Anyway, the pharmacy stuff is taxed
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:38 am

Don’t know what is medical about pot, but do they sell medicine in the streets there ? Anyway, the pharmacy stuff is taxed
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:40 am

Maybe I should have some of that medicine so I stop dubble posting :)
Trick

Postby wiesiek on Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:56 am

:)
yup, you should give it try, definitely -joint-

I just trying to point out, that Government taxation here is twice as big as illegal dealers/importer/growers,
so
the blackest scenario is happening here.
Have no idea how it go in US/Canada, however in Spain/Portugal you may grow up to 4 plants per person for personal use quite legally.

Speakin` about difference between so called >medical< versus >street< herbs -
well
I suppose,that it is : none, zero ,null
if
we considering the same species grown in similar conditions.
However :
There is plenty of variety to chose. Difference is hidden in CBD and THC proportions which plant produced .
More THC = bigger, better "high"
More CBD = more sedative, heavy effect of smokin`, aka less suitable for fun 8-)
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:22 am

Medical grade drugs cost more because they are regulated and taxed by the government. It's less profitable for illegal growers to participate in the legal market (because they have to be inspected, tested, conform to standards, etc). So, unless the government starts to produce weed at a lower price, the cost of street pot will be much less. The legal market simply becomes the competition.

Of course, smokers never really know what they're getting on the street. They can't depend on consistent doses, suitable quality, or consistent supply.

People say that CBD oil is great medicine. There's a documentary about Charlotte's Web, the story of a little girl whose disease symptoms disappeared after she used it. If it works, it doesn't matter if it's only psycho-somatic.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 pm

The price hike for legal marijuana is universal but I think like all business they will get people buying it at that price. I only buy legal and although I can find it for less I don't smoke enough for all the effort. I am just grateful that the law has changed. But for heavy users I can understand the complaints since it is just a plant.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:08 pm

..."People say that CBD oil is great medicine..."

very truth, I checked it on my GF`s dog.
Her Lab., very friendly "Blackdevil" had epilepsy. After couple of months treatment with small doses of hashish oil all symptoms disappeared .
Alternative was medicine until end of her life - it vet words,
so
we are very happy, that natural herbs works -in this case much better than contemporary chemical drugs.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:37 pm

The effects of CBD are not psychosomatic.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:52 pm

I meant that if the patient finds relief, it doesn't matter whether it was because of the CBD or not.

To clarify, I have read stories and testimonials by people who say that CBD oil cured their cancers. I'm not sure I'd tell people that CBD cures cancer. Otoh, I'd have no problem trying it if I were diagnosed. Actually, I got some as a perk when I renewed my NPR membership. I guess I'll let you know in about 20 days whether I feel any different. It's the full spectrum oil, not the isolate; and it's supposed to be "organic."
Last edited by Steve James on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Right, I am not saying it's a cure all for everything but it is an alternative for some types of pharmaceuticals.

I recall families with children with autism moving to Colorado when it was one of the few places that made CBD oil legally available. (The documentary is a three parter on CNN which can be found on YouTube.) It was obvious that these children had severe symptoms and nèeded CBD oil.

The cool thing is that a grower there was growing and developing strains high in CBD at a time when everyone else was looking only for strains high in THC and had no interest in CBD.

I also agree that some people exaggerate the benefits. The same is true for fasting which I am a big advocate of. After fasting I am convinced that everyone should fast even if only once year. No so much for magical benefits as much as I don't believe our bodies were designed to constantly be consuming food.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Return to Been There Done That