hula hoop, belly dance, golf swings, ...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

hula hoop, belly dance, golf swings, ...

Postby everything on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:01 pm

if you buy this idea and are reasonably good at the waist/hip/"dantian" rotation, it seems like you should be able to pick up hula hoop, belly dance (well it has lots independent movement but still), golf swings, other similar things fairly easily since you have some kind of "rotation" in the middle that drives the arc further from the center. what do you think?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: hula hoop, belly dance, golf swings, ...

Postby origami_itto on Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Taijiquan is a good engine for all kinds of activity
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:37 am

Hula hooping was somewhat popular exercise to do here in China when I just had moved here, but now I haven’t seen any such for a long time. When the gym craze hit China a lot of waist trimming efforts began to take place in such facilities, at least by the younger generation. The hula hoops that where/are in use here are thicker and seemingly heavier, so it would probably give a good strong “Dantian” rotational workout, or something as that. To point out, I’ve only seen women swinging the Hula around.… And also, if one already have an big strong Qi-belly who needs the Hula hoop anyway :) !? - Could be a good excuse for not having an embarrassing moment with that exercise.
Trick

Postby RobP3 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:24 am

I have it on good authority that belly dancing is driven more from the lower back than the hips
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:38 am

Regardless of lot hip throw trainings , I always failed when trying hula...
hmm,,
maybe not nuf patience to "master " the movement, in favor medicine ball circulations ?
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby vagabond on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:33 am

I have it on good authority that belly dancing is driven more from the lower back than the hips

you holdin out on us?
vagabond
Huajing

Postby Michael on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:02 pm

Or starting with internal hula hooping and going in the opposite direction toward CMA mastery, this woman probably subscribed to a forbidden belly dancing subreddit, saw a few gifs, and therefore pretends to know the TRUE internal and INFINITE Tai Ji Quan.

Her cosmic word salad marketing is 5/7 tho. "It is real within the scientific realm."
Michael

Postby everything on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:34 pm

lol she is a step (many) ahead of me. when I googled about this topic, there are some fusion belly dance/hula hoop videos out there. I am slightly trolling everyone because I don't make too, too much of this rotation, and I can't hula hoop at all. but OTOH, to the extent we take this rotational thing at least a little seriously, it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to give it a try. every time i do a golf swing, it definitely feels like the center of the circle driving the outside, and that this move is seen as being correct.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic