Sicyly recommendation

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Sicyly recommendation

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:45 am

May seems to be good time for short vacation,
so
`cause I never been in Italy ,and right now I could buy round trip to Catania below $150
love to hear your recommendation.
Places for good local food in particular, less about antiques, you`re stomping on them everywhere ;)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Re: Sicyly recommendation

Postby Trick on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:34 am

I’ve never been to Italy but if would go there I would try Sicily. and also but not Italy, i would like to visit Malta………I have a thing for islands:)
Trick

Re: Sicyly recommendation

Postby Drake on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:25 am

Once you're in Sicily you can drive the entire island in about 12 hours. Palermo, Messina, Catania, Ragusa, etc. all have something worthwhile to see. The mountains/interior are beautiful, and the people are phenomenal. The food is good everywhere, and each place has it's own specialty. Once you're in a city look for places that the locals go to off the beaten path, and you'll get better food, and better deals. Everyone speaks Italian so it's pretty easy to navigate. Sicilian is spoken in the homes, and among the older folks. Enjoy! The last time I was there was almost 40 years ago to visit relatives. Amazing place :)
Best,

Drake
Drake
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic